Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman killed by van in Raheny

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I was there yesterday and had a look. I understand now how he drove up there through that gap but you'd want to be pretty out of it, more like totally out of it, to make the mistake. And then to carry on for a km without noticing hitting someone and not driving off into the rocks? Bizarre. Hopefully he doesn't drive again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    The van in question was the first time I have ever seen a vehicle down that way. There is a bigger issue with vehicular traffic up past the bus station in Clontarf than down at Kilbarrack Road. On the stretch there are also sections of the segregation wall that could be driven over if you were so inclined.
    St Anne's park could also be driven into if you were so inclined as could Dollymount etc etc. It is virtually impossible to segregate everything so how far do you go?

It would be very difficult for anyone to mistake the junction at the end of Kilbarrack Road. There is so little ambiguity about the junction that I doubt it ever even occurred to anyone that additional barriers might be required. We need to assume a level of competence from drivers.

If you're talking about the Clontarf "baths, definitely not just a restaurant" I agree the setup there is a disgrace and I assume it is only a matter of time before someone gets hit if they haven't already.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Well there aswell but in particular I am talking about the sea access in Clontarf beside the bus station carpark where the camper vans were parked for a long time.
    Also further towards the city there are no barriers to the pedestrian areas other than drivers knowing what is a road and what is not a road

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    If you're talking about the Clontarf "baths, definitely not just a restaurant" I agree the setup there is a disgrace and I assume it is only a matter of time before someone gets hit if they haven't already.
    https://twitter.com/CitizenW0lf/status/1236041603669770247

• Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭highdef

So there are 27 cars there and only 15 are permitted to be. I don't see the footpath being blocked and the cycle path looks clear. What's the issue that is impeding the twitterer/cyclist and causing him consternation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

I think we can all agree on this thread is for justice for Nuala and her family and to make sure this awful tragedy doesn't happen again.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Only just reading this thread now

It is clearly a magnet for speculation and ill-informed crap. I've just deleted around 70 posts in addition to those previously deleted

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement