Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE ELIMINATION CHAMBER 2020

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,453 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Taker looked cool

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Make the most out of taker it being the oc vs taker/black could be cool at mania

• Registered Users Posts: 38,453 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sky88 wrote: »
    Make the most out of taker it being the oc vs taker/black could be cool at mania

Throw Kane or Sting in there too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

An Alestair Black/Undertaker co-entrance would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

WTF are WWE doing with Rollins? They sure know how to bury their stars.

• Advertisement

I’m actually legit shocked the team with the advantage in a handicap match in wwe actually won

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's actually fascinating how quiet the crowd are for this match. So silent.

Edit: This is one of the worst PPV main events in years, in my opinion. Absolute rubbish.

I see what they were trying to do with Shayna looking unstoppable but I’m not her biggest fan so was boring

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tag chamber match was good, everything else was bleh

Compare this to AEW Revolution that only had one poor match and the rest was great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

I quite liked the women's match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

That was probably the worst chamber match ever, terrible main event, boring and dull as f**k. The PPV was pure ****. Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Having a PPV themed around a match type has always been a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

fell asleep during the entrances for the Tag Team chamber match, briefly woke up during the Black/Styles match andfell asleep shortly after....

take it i didnt miss much haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I would love to know how many posts a PPV thread would have got back in 2000/01. I'd say a lot more than 2 and a bit pages.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fairly shíte looking PPV.

Shayna is a foregone conclusion.

Miz/Morrison just won the titles, they're not losing them right away.

Same with Street Profits. Owens will interfere and cost Rollins.

Taker shenanigans in Black/AJ.

Zero interest in Andrade/Toyota Corolla.

This is the problem with WWE everyone even Big Dave Meltzer knew what was going to happen.

I don't mind predictable as long as it's a fun or enjoyable journey, like some films...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I don't mind predictable as long as it's a fun or enjoyable journey, like some films...

100%

It was predictable enough Shayna was going to win. Thats fine.

It was a poor match though, because of who was involved, and should not have been the main event.

The tag chamber was always going to be a superior match and should have main evented. It was brilliant, imo.

Bryan/Gulak was a proper fight. I loved it.

I wonder if they'll do something like Black/Taker vs The OC, to hide Taker's limitations a bit, and give Black a big rub.

Shayna's time on the main roster has been a bust so far. That awful main event last night, a plodding match against Kairi that received "boring" chants and the very underwhelming triple threat back at Survivor Series.

I really don't see why she should end a big reign like Becky's. She's 40 so it isn't exactly building for the future, she's boring and receives little to no reaction. All she has is the MMA legit-ness and even that pales in comparison to Ronda.

Nia is the one to end that reign. There is history there and she gets actual heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    Shayna's time on the main roster has been a bust so far. That awful main event last night, a plodding match against Kairi that received "boring" chants and the very underwhelming triple threat back at Survivor Series.

I really don't see why she should end a big reign like Becky's. She's 40 so it isn't exactly building for the future, she's boring and receives little to no reaction. All she has is the MMA legit-ness and even that pales in comparison to Ronda.

Nia is the one to end that reign. There is history there and she gets actual heat.

I was with you until you mentioned Jax....ya must be on the wind up here. :pac:

Had Vince had a brain two months ago he would copped Asuka was gaining momentum, and would have been ideal to defeat Becky at Mania. Now we're stuck with two divisions that is utterly bereft of imagination.

I was with you until you mentioned Jax....ya must be on the wind up here. :pac:

Had Vince had a brain two months ago he would copped Asuka was gaining momentum, and would have been ideal to defeat Becky at Mania. Now we're stuck with two divisions that is utterly bereft of imagination.

I think fans would be far more interested in a Nia feud than Shayna and honestly, I'd prefer a David vs Goliath match over Shayna methodically picking apart limbs. We'll see over the next few weeks but I think the build is gonna be ice-cold.

I can see them adding something like a "first blood" stipulation to give it some oomph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »
    I’m actually legit shocked the team with the advantage in a handicap match in wwe actually won

I did not expect Braun to lose his title to Sami

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I did not expect Braun to lose his title to Sami

I can see Braun getting it back at WM, maybe in the weeks leading up to WM Braun takes out Nakamura/Cesaro or they are banned from ringside stipulation

Sami would be my favourite wrestler if he brought back the old title, white strap or black, I don't mind.

That new belt is just boringly ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Having a PPV themed around a match type has always been a bad idea.

This 100%. I hate it. Special matches like this and Hell in a Cell used to happen when storylines and feuds developed naturally so that these kind of matches made sense. Now they are just forcing matches and feuds into this kind of match which takes away from the concept so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The match wasn't helped by the big breaks between eliminations and the pods opening.
    For some reason I thought they were setting up a triple threat with Shayna, Asuka and Becky.
    At least now I know falls can happen outside the ring with whoever it was (Natalya?) that tapped out
    I winced at Liv being slammed into the pod.
    Speaking of Liv, she really needs an image change again. She seems like if it wasn't for Alexa, she would be going the Harley Quinn route.

A lot of botches in the chamber matches. Like surprised Lince was able to move after he missed the chain and fell back. Also don't think that spot with Otis went right as that Perspex (or whatever it was) could've gone anywhere. Luckily for WWE it went at the Spanish announcers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The thing with the chamber as well is its placement, when you usually know well what the planned matches are going to be it drains a lot of the tension from the match

The PPV before Summerslam or thereabouts would suit it a lot better because you'd have more scope to have an interesting 6 inside which can go a lot of ways

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The match wasn't helped by the big breaks between eliminations and the pods opening.
    For some reason I thought they were setting up a triple threat with Shayna, Asuka and Becky.
    At least now I know falls can happen outside the ring with whoever it was (Natalya?) that tapped out
    I winced at Liv being slammed into the pod.
    Speaking of Liv, she really needs an image change again. She seems like if it wasn't for Alexa, she would be going the Harley Quinn route.

A lot of botches in the chamber matches. Like surprised Lince was able to move after he missed the chain and fell back. Also don't think that spot with Otis went right as that Perspex (or whatever it was) could've gone anywhere. Luckily for WWE it went at the Spanish announcers.

It knocked papers off the desk which meant it went past that raised area. WWE normally have these things safe but it did look like the Otis went okay by a bit of luck. I do like the changes they've made to the chamber with the padding as I always winced when wrestlers took bump on it. I said last night I think that the shape of the chamber was changed because of video screens in arena becoming bigger and it being harder to hang the thing below them.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It knocked papers off the desk which meant it went past that raised area. WWE normally have these things safe but it did look like the Otis went okay by a bit of luck. I do like the changes they've made to the chamber with the padding as I always winced when wrestlers took bump on it. I said last night I think that the shape of the chamber was changed because of video screens in arena becoming bigger and it being harder to hang the thing below them.

There was a doc about it, it's much easier for wrestlers to take bigger bumps, the crowd can see easier with the windows everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

The lineup was about an uninspired as could possibly be imagined for a massive company to pump out. Actually the show started hot, the opening 2 matches were really quite good in Bryan/Gulak and Andrade/Humberto. It all kind of went off a bit of a cliff from there, and I'm not sure anything else rose above 3 stars.

When you don't watch the weekly stuff and only most of their ppvs, it's jarring how quiet the crowd are. They make no noise, they react to nothing. The only reaction all night was to The Undertaker. The matches play to silence. It's a phenomenon that, in my mind, goes back maybe 2 years now. They ran off the vocal, smark audience and they are left with families and people who don't know how to react to live wrestling and the results of that, that we see each week, is so weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's really strange to have a PPV with no appearances from the singles world champions (outside of Becky watching the match) or the no. 1 contenders like Drew or Roman.

Advertisement