Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App not running notification app?

Options
  • 05-03-2020 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'd like an app to run 24/7 on a Win 10 PC but I'm often away from the PC for days at a time.

Does anyone know of a monitoring app which will check a specified app/process is running and if it doesn't find it running send an email or SMS alerting me that it isn't running so I could then take action to get the app back up and running?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Probably best to write a powershell script, and then put that into the scheduler to run every hour or so. At worst, it'll be down for an hour or so.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

old school
    AT /EVERY can be used to run a script

You can use PSLIST from windows sysinternals to list what's running

BLAT can email http://www.blat.net/faq/

Or you can setup the program as a service and let the OS sort it out
    YMMV on this

Advertisement