Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patrick's Day Parade Poll

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We'll see
    The St Patricks Day parade aka The Disease Bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

We'll see
    504678.png

Again, sorry about the secret poll. I still can't change it. Maybe a mod might, I'll pm them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

We'll see
    Loughc wrote: »
    Because Irish people need to get home?

That is a crazy attitude and why we are fcuked. If somebody has the virus , they should stay in Italy and be treated there. Also, anybody in Italy wanting to travel anywhere should get documentation from a clinic proving that they are not carrying the virus before being allowed on a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

We'll see
    Voted no because I just don't see the point in the thing in the first place, it's absolutely awful. We just can't do these kind of events in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

We'll see
    Well the parades were cancelled in 2001 because of foot and mouth disease. So why should they go ahead this year when public health is at risk?

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You should be able to see the poll results now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,354 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

We'll see
    Marcos wrote: »
    Well the parades were cancelled in 2001 because of foot and mouth disease. So why should they go ahead this year when public health is at risk?

Cows more valuable than a few old people or people with poor disease resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

No
    Hundreds, maybe even thousands, of St. Patrick’s Day parades happen in the United States every year. It’s big business. US citizens spend between $4.5 and $5 billion annually on St. Patrick’s Day. Around 33 million (almost 10% of the US population) people here claim Irish ancestry. I haven’t heard of a single parade being cancelled over COVID-19 fears. I think it would take WW3 to stop the parades.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

No
    Let's take the 2billion. **** those that die. Surivival of the fittest. We need to cull the population a bit.

Seriously though, can we not postpoen Paddies Day until June Bank Holiday? Have a summer Paddies Day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

We'll see
    At this point, this poll seems so dated. The parade is just being bandied about currently as a distraction, an easy piece for the media to sensationalise to deflect attention from the actual data.

It will be officially announced as cancelled tomorrow, or maybe next week if the figures aren't as bad as they look likely to be and we don't need a major announcement to look like they're doing something.

The Chinese Ambassador suggested local councils take matters into their own hands and act as needed to contain it. Cork really aught to close down schools. There are nine schools within spitting distance of that hospital and its right in the middle of a busy shopping area.

I will most decidedly not be looking for provisions or supplies in that area in the foreseeable

• Advertisement
Advertisement