Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Togo has it's first case of Coronavirus!

WELCOME to the club

giphy.gif

You seem to be getting a huge buzz out of human suffering, I bet your your browser history is disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Dow Jones drops 4%, 850 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

You arguing that more people on the internet is losing tech companies money,is like saying the sky is green and grass is blue.

No Im stating that Tech Companies are not cleaning up. I showed that with proof.

I dont know where your Argument is coming from. I can only guess that you are presuming without knowing.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Juwwi wrote: »
    In Dublin city centre at the moment just saw a group of about 15 Italians going into a hostel type accommodation off Talbot Street ..

Absolutely madness letting them come over .

Weld the door shut!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

niallo27 wrote: »
    Think he means Kent.

You're telling met this? The person who made the Simpsons reference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Lads, whats the point in fighting this????

Knowledgeable posters with obvious scientific backgrounds/PhDs (definitely not hysterical loons) have said it is some kind of mixture between SARS/HIV/Black plague. We are doomed anyway.

Are you serious with this shit? I’m guessing not. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

No it doesn't. Virus clearly hadn't manifested itself yet

Is this why some countries are quarantining people returning or travelling from badly infected regions ?

tillyfilly wrote: »

Stock market panic = boomer panic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

quokula wrote: »
    The current virus is unlikely to last that long either, but if you do extrapolate the 3 weeks out to a year you still end up with a far smaller number.

I would love to believe this but like... what's the evidence for this? How long do we think the virus will last? Can it not just last indefinitely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Wibbs wrote: »
    Not just Americans. Just look at this thread and damned near every page coughs up(pun intended) a howler of misinformation or complete idiocy, like stating this virus is a mix of SARS and HIV. :rolleyes:

Funny enough C, a proper respirator/mask that actually filters down to the size of virus particles is not an easy thing to breathe through. As you can imagine for obvious reasons. They're very similar to military gas masks. Not easy. Kinda like breathing through a thick straw.

I’m still trying to get my dropped jaw back into position after reading that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Was in two Aldi's and two Lidl's this morning there was no shortage of any products that I could see except hand sanatisers and disinfectants.
    Plenty of toilet roll. I dont understand the toilet roll thing, its as if the worst thing that can happen to you in the outbreak is having a dirty hole. Surely we can find other ways of cleaning are arse?

I'll better that. I was in 2 Lidls, 2 Aldis, a Dunnes and a Tesco. No apparent shortage of anything...although I didn't go looking for hand sanitizer.

(Before you ask, I was looking for honeycomb!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

No. It's a reaction to uncertainty and the likely contraction in manufacturing and tourism likely to happen as a result of the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

KaneToad wrote: »
    I'll better that. I was in 2 Lidls, 2 Aldis, a Dunnes and a Tesco. No apparent shortage of anything...although I didn't go looking for hand sanitizer.

Does it boost the immune system or something?

SHOULD WE ALL BUY HONEYCOMB?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

You're telling met this? The person who made the Simpsons reference.

I don't know who said what anymore this thread is moving too fast.

No. It's a reaction to uncertainty and the likely contraction in manufacturing and tourism likely to happen as a result of the virus.

It is panic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

This thread is spreading faster than the Corona virus :eek:

You took the words straight out of my mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

tillyfilly wrote: »

Still up from 5 days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

You took the words straight out of my mouth

Musta been while he was kissing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

It is panic.

Everything is panic

There will be no economic effects to this at all.

All panic

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

No Im stating that Tech Companies are not cleaning up. I showed that with proof.

I dont know where your Argument is coming from. I can only guess that you are presuming without knowing.
    They probably think website clicks are how the big tech companies make money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I would love to believe this but like... what's the evidence for this? How long do we think the virus will last? Can it not just last indefinitely?

It'll eventually burn itself out due to a lack of hosts (people becoming immune or dying).

More than likely will peak by May based on current numbers, cos people will absolutely **** the bed by this time next week and just self isolate whether they are sick or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

KaneToad wrote: »

Did you get the honeycomb we all need to know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

Unfortunately a lack of brain usage is the norm these days,but have at your share prices,and not use a bit of critical thinking,tech companies are having a field day with this,you might see some short term massaging of the figures for useful idiots like yourself to parrot around to everyone and say its not the tech companies.

But they are making massive gains from this absolutely massive,might not show on the share price in the short term but the gains will eventually hit the share price when the initial furore of this blows over so people don't realise who is really making the most profit from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

niallo27 wrote: »
    Still up from 5 days ago.

You gotta get up to get down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

pjohnson wrote: »
    Musta been while he was kissing you.

:D:D sang that to myself when I saw that post :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭1641

No, we are not in the least bothered - AS WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

news paper

Liverpool jerseys??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

My girlfriend is from Trento, Northern Italy, but has also lived in a couple of other towns in Lombardy

One such town is Romano about an hours drive from Milan. We were talking to her best friend from the town yesterday evening. It's like a ghost town. Shops, bars and restaurants shut. A lot of people are visibly sick, including her parents, her boyfriend and many within her wider group of friends. They don't know for sure if it's Coronavirus and they won't be tested unless they get really, really sick. They don't meet the criteria she says.

Her feeling was that Romano was probably going to be locked down as there was clearly some sort of outbreak.
    They're all living in a deeply boring kind of terror.

Some schools have been shut. A friend of hers has to go to work but the only person who can mind her kid is her mother, who is in the high risk bracket. These are the kinds of things they're grappling with over there - do I risk the health and possibly life of my mother, or do I lose my job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Does it boost the immune system or something?

SHOULD WE ALL BUY HONEYCOMB?!

😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Another British Airways news.

Two British Airways baggage handlers have tested positive for Covid-19, the airline has confirmed.

The men are based at Heathrow Airport, west London.

A spokesman for the airline said: "Public Health England has confirmed that two members of our staff have tested positive for the Covid-19 virus.

"The colleagues have been isolated and are recovering at home."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement