Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,879 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

You seem to be getting a huge buzz out of human suffering, I bet your your browser history is disturbing.

Very disturbing, you wouldn't want to see it. But a virgin like you?...here is a pic for you to whack off to

07a624b7e5b76e6e83a76f32dc08db2e.jpg

Enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

niallo27 wrote: »
    I don't know who said what anymore this thread is moving too fast.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia3.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fd31uS7bLq7PdRkWs%2F200_s.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

joe40 wrote: »
    These were Irish people coming home. They went out before Italy became a major hotspot. Are you suggesting we should have prevented these people coming home.

They could have been brought home in a controlled manner such as charter flight and then 2 week isolation as happened in the UK and the outbreak in Wuhan. And once that was completed, ban flights to and from the region.

As it stands, people continue to be put at risk including unfortunately flight crew. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Unfortunately a lack of brain usage is the norm these days,but have at your share prices,and not use a bit of critical thinking,tech companies are having a field day with this,you might see some short term massaging of the figures for useful idiots like yourself to parrot around to everyone and say its not the tech companies.

But they are making massive gains from this absolutely massive,might not show on the share price in the short term but the gains will eventually hit the share price when the initial furore of this blows over so people don't realise who is really making the most profit from this.
    This is genuinely the stupidest post in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭KaneToad

sjb25 wrote: »
    Did you get the honeycomb we all need to know

No. No I did not.
    /close thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Does it boost the immune system or something?

SHOULD WE ALL BUY HONEYCOMB?!

I can’t handle all this uncertainty aggghh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Ivo Cilesi, renown doctor in Italy who recently commented in Italian media that he wasn’t too worried about the coronavirus as it was only a “slightly more severe flue”, has died from the virus: https://www.lastampa.it/cronaca/2020/03/03/news/morto-di-coronavirus-ivo-cilesi-fra-massimi-esperti-di-alzheimer-1.38545327

May he rest in peace, and hopefully this can get Italians and Europeans to take it more seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Everything is panic

There will be no economic effects to this at all.

All panic

The drop in the stock market is knee jerk reactions to things that may not even come to fruition. This happens in a bubble scenario. Everyone has one eye on the exit and are contemplating leaving at the first sign that the game is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Swiss numbers are rocketing, now 214 cases

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

KaneToad wrote: »
    No. No I did not.
    /close thread

Is there some sort of shortage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

sjb25 wrote: »
    I can’t handle all this uncertainty aggghh

Vitamin D and good sleep boost the immune system.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Very distrubing, you wouldn't want to see it. But a virgin like you?...here is a pic for you to whack off to

07a624b7e5b76e6e83a76f32dc08db2e.jpg

Enjoy :)

it-was-the-spooky-ghost-spooktober-ectoplasm-64332003.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭circadian

Juwwi wrote: »
    In Dublin city centre at the moment just saw a group of about 15 Italians going into a hostel type accommodation off Talbot Street ..

Absolutely madness letting them come over .

The same feckers clogging up the path at the bus stop outside the Polish shop. People walking on the road to pass them, some things never change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Was in two Aldi's and two Lidl's this morning there was no shortage of any products that I could see except hand sanatisers and disinfectants.
    Plenty of toilet roll. I dont understand the toilet roll thing, its as if the worst thing that can happen to you in the outbreak is having a dirty hole. Surely we can find other ways of cleaning are arse?

3rmgni.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I'll better that. I was in 2 Lidls, 2 Aldis, a Dunnes and a Tesco. No apparent shortage of anything...although I didn't go looking for hand sanitizer.

(Before you ask, I was looking for honeycomb!)

Funny enough now that I remember there was a shortage of another product. Very few chocolate chip cookies, I was wondering about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Primary school in Galway told to keep 6th class at home today and for next 2 weeks due to contact with a confirmed case
    Other children in school recommended to be kept at home too

Is there some sort of shortage...

I did see Jacinta from Cabra wheeling out 2 trollies full of the stuff...

I'm still very relaxed about this, although I have a feeling our numbers may double or even more later tonight when they announce and there will be a lot of hysterical people this weekend.

We've obviously failed to contain this. We actually didn't even really try did we? One rugby match cancelled. People told to self isolate only if they had symptoms.

We also have basically no actions in place to slow this thing down.
    The reality is though, most of us will be fine. It will be fairly mild for probably 80 - 85% of people. Another 10% will be more serious. Maybe 5% or less will actually die.

When all is said and done, our world leaders should really sit down together and review this. Put actions in place to stop it from happening again. Wishful thinking on my part!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Swiss numbers are rocketing, now 214 cases

I'd be fairly sure the source of most of these are directly or indirectly Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭McGiver

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I'd tend to agree; I think the real issue at the moment is the long recovery time (median recovery is 32 days; mild versions of the virus take up to 2 weeks) and also testing to make sure it's gone. So people can be ok; but it's hard to confirm it if all the energy is going into diagnostic of peopl with symptoms.

Question is what is "mild"? The mantra of "80% is mild" in media/TV/radio makes me uneasy. It will likely generate complacency in the overall population here "ah sure it's grand it's just mild in 4/5 cases". I believe latest papers from Italy shown only 30% of mild symptoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

The drop in the stock market is knee jerk reactions to things that may not even come to fruition. This happens in a bubble scenario. Everyone has one eye on the exit and are contemplating leaving at the first sign that the game is up.

It is a bit of both I’d say.

Clearly there was a bubble largely creates by central banks (particularly in the US) and some investors were waiting to press the button and take profits.

But it doesn’t mean economic consequences won’t be significant. For know we only have some figures on what the impact is for the Chinese side of the epidemics and it is already significant. And the rest of the world still is to take the hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I'd be fairly sure the source of most of these are directly or indirectly Italy.

There was a very interesting statistic in the previous thread whereby someone outlined the huge numbers Italians that cross the border into Switzerland for work every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

This is genuinely the stupidest post in this thread.

I will leave you to your panicking about the flu.Have at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭jackboy

The reality is though, most of us will be fine. It will be fairly mild for probably 80 - 85% of people. Another 10% will be more serious. Maybe 5% or less will actually die.

If you were proved correct with these numbers you are describing a catastrophe.

I'm still very relaxed about this, although I have a feeling our numbers may double or even more later tonight when they announce and there will be a lot of hysterical people this weekend.

We've obviously failed to contain this. We actually didn't even really try did we? One rugby match cancelled. People told to self isolate only if they had symptoms.

We also have basically no actions in place to slow this thing down.

When all is said and done, our world leaders should really sit down together and review this. Put actions in place to stop it from happening again. Wishful thinking on my part!

We all need to play our part in slowing down the spread. Hand washing, coughing into elbow and reduced social interaction. Time is what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

blanch152 wrote: »
    It is too easy to blame the HSE, the hospitals and the government.People have been told to take their own responsibility. If you have symptoms, call the helpline, get the doctors to come to you. If, as now seems to have happened, you turn up at A&E or the hospital with symptoms and put everyone around you into self-isolation, that isn't on the HSE, or Simon Harris, that is on the Irish culture of doing what you think is best rather than listening to the expert advice.

No 'blame' applied anywhere.

I gave the current situation as is
    Lack of infection control and protocols means that it will be in increasingly difficult for people to access critical care and other hospital services.

Depending on the same system which results in significant queues in A&E and lack of resources is a disaster in the making.

But hey rant away ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

No. No I did not.
    /close thread

I want some honeycomb, I know where you live!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

Cuckoo7 wrote: »
    That guy with the mask sounds really out of breath, either he’s been fighting people for the nappies or wearing masks is actually pretty hard.

If it's a proper FFP mask then yes, they're not pleasant to wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,323 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

2 baggage handlers in Heathrow tested positive. Not good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement