Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

micar wrote: »
    No further update until Monday 6pm ????

de hse you cant expect weekends can u?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Imagine the numbers then....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

jarvis wrote: »
    Is it just me or are DOH world and euro numbers a day old? I thought so yesterday too and think the same again tonight.

They just said they’re taking the weekend off. Next updates Monday.

You cannot be serious? Monday?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

People seem genuinely disappointed that 5 cases were announced today.

Get a grip on yourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

gozunda wrote: »
    Dr Colin Henry, HSE clinical officer on the RTE News - advises people to move 2 metres away if another person sneezes or coughs when beside them

So the question is - how fast would you need to move to get 2 metres away before you are plastered with snot or phlegm? - given the spread of sneezing is estimated at about 150 kilometers per hour or more -

Answers on a postcard please - addressed to Dr Colin Henry, HSE Head Office

So if there are hundreds of people at the parade infected and sneezing, it’s must be safe to have the hundreds around them panic and jump 2 metres away from the sneezer.

I have to believe this whole parade stuff is just a smokescreen/distraction or for some reason they feel it’s best to not call it off until people have had a chance to really digest how bad things are getting. I can’t believe anybody really thinks it’s wise on any level to continue with the parade. We are literally in a national containment stage of a virus outbreak and we know we can’t contain it. Maybe it’s more a protocol thing and they have to (for some stupid reason) wait until we go into the phase after containment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

9 new cases north and south.
    We are an island.

Oops, seems I misread, 6 new cases north & south.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

+5.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

emmaro wrote: »
    Five? Seems unlikely.....

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

cloudatlas wrote: »
    So you think an a&e nurse should be considered more knowledgeable than a who scientist. I’ve stopped watching his videos as he admits he gets things wrong and shouts into the camera at us. If that’s your preferred source of information then you are welcome to it.

Thank for allowing me use it. I didnt say he was better or worse then who scientist. But he is not just an a&e nurse as you so patronisingly put it. He has a doctorate/PhD and is learned in his area and if you understood anything you would know how much work goes into obtaining a PhD. I just find your attitude to academic study ignorant and dismissive. Use him dont use him but there was no need to be so rude about his qualifications, he is a university lecturer

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

5... nah

Next announcement Monday - that will be a LOT bigger.

Let the plebs enjoy the weekend and spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

4 more cases confirmed in NI too now, 22 on the island

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

They are going to keep a lot of new cases quiet till they have paddys day out of the way..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Could be. I don't know.

This will defo be a supply side problem though.

How many people have it? -> limiting factor how many tests do we have?
    How many people are in hospital? -> How many beds do we have?
    How many people in ICU? -> How many ICU beds do we have?
    How many people will die? -> whatever is left over.

"Hard decisions will have to be made" .. So mad, only cause they wouldn't shut down non essential movement...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

emmaro wrote: »
    Five? Seems unlikely.....

omg-shut-up-cd56a155df.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Be grand lads ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I don't take boards personal so relax.

I am not having a personal pop at you.

I am having a pop are your point of we will have a vaccine soon.

The correct response from you should be either here is a study a vaccine is on the way CinemaGuy and so on.

I don't have any personal issue with you but I really don't think we are getting a vaccine anytime soon.

If somebody as a pop at a point you make and you think they are wrong offer more information.:)

Fair enough. When I wrote "...soon..." it was meant to be sarcastic. Vaccine probably won't be widely available until next year.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rockbeast2 wrote: »
    Let the plebs enjoy the weekend and spend spread.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

wakka12 wrote: »

Wrong.

1 new case in NI today. 4 total.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

classic pr low numbers now monday big jump, wait and see.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

harr wrote: »
    They are going to keep a lot of new cases quiet till they have paddys day out of the way..

Ah Jaysus.

Seriously conspiracy theories now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

wakka12 wrote: »

Nope. 1 new. 4 total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

It's the weekend for Gods sake.

The top brass of the HSE is under terrible stress.

Their private members golf club might be shut and those brandy and cigar sessions might have to be curtailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭juno10353

Is that as much about isolation/keeping an eye on them as medical treatment. Be surprised if that entire Clare family needed hospital care for instance

The Irish Independent understands these two new cases are linked to a GP, his wife and two children from Co Clare.

It emerged yesterday that the GP may have exposed scores of patients to the infection after he continued to work after returning from north Italy.

He was skiing in a part of Italy which was not listed as at risk when he returned and this meant he was not obliged to isolate himself for 14 days unless he had symptoms.

poster
    The Irish Independent understands the GP carried out normal practice surgery on several days, out-of-hours duty and also did a shift in a busy hospital A&E department.

He is also believed to have treated patients in a nursing home.

Read More
    Dr Carmen Regan: We must act decisively to stop virus - and that means halting flights from northern Italy now
    'This is not a drill' - WHO in call to arms for global fight to slow the epidemic
    Pandemic panic: Understanding what's normal in abnormal times
    The positive tests of the GP and his family sparked an urgent hunt by public health doctors for patients who could have been exposed to the virus after the doctor became infectious.

The parents, their daughter and son are being treated in a hospital in the west of Ireland.

It is understood that while all are positive it is just the one of the children who has symptoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Sensible precautions.

Currently on day 5 of 12 in a large public hospital. Hospital operating well. Everyone rowing in. Suspected patients rapidly triaged and moved through the system. Tests performed rapidly when appropriate. Guidelines updated daily including this afternoon.

If there is a large spike various options being discussed and contingency plans being made and reviewed daily.

Any of the experts here want to come in and do a few days at the weekend? Seem to know much better than anyone here anyway.

Nobody knows what will happen. Could it get difficult, absolutely. But it’s not the circus either.

Very informative, fair play to you.

What’s the situation with testing?
    How long does it take to Complete a test?
    How many tests can be done on a daily basis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Necro wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus.

Seriously conspiracy theories now?

I know someone who tested positive yesterday and was not in yesterdays numbers, waiting for details of today to see if they are in now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Does it stop spreading at the weekend too?

Nice to let Dr. Tony put his feet up from his detailed statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Gintonious wrote: »
    People seem genuinely disappointed that 5 cases were announced today.

Get a grip on yourselves.
    Disappointed != Incredulous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thought it was obvious..I'm always wary of what I believe on here.

Sorry if I confused you, here are some yellow flowers as an apology.

I have inverted my display colour, just to make you right ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Fair enough. When I wrote "...soon..." it was meant to be sarcastic. Vaccine probably won't be widely available until next year.

Ok I though you were being serious.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement