Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

All the smaller towns are starting to cancel theirs.

Nobody will go even if they dont cancel.

I must admit I am shattered that the Youghal parade is cancelled.

It was on my bucket list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Typical HSE, your ****ed in this country if things go tits up at the weekend and your in ICU. It needs to be disbanded. Joke of a health system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

If you die from covid 19 in Ireland they will have a secret funeral with no head stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

Had to cancel an event but really am putting it on hold till hopefully things improve. Am paying deposit to hold event in future few months from now. The owner understood but obviously it’s not an ideal situation and he was upset.

.Anyway I suppose what I’m trying to say is that rather than saying no to an event ( dinner, party, christening or whatever) push it out and give them a deposit otherwise the little guys will go under. Jusr thought I’d post because I didn’t really realize how much cancellations would effect these places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

spookwoman wrote: »

I don't get it. In the middle of a very serious health emergency they don't bother with weekend updates.

Tbh I don't even believe these numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Gintonious wrote: »
    People seem genuinely disappointed that 5 cases were announced today.

Get a grip on yourselves.

Don't see anyone "genuinely disappointed" on here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This thread has jumped the shark tonight.

Take a long look at yourselves people.

Christ on a bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Ardillaun wrote:
    Encouraging news on the fatality rate of Covid-19 from South Korea, the only country with a proper testing program:
    South Korea were ahead of the curve because they started manufacturing test kits shortly after the outbreak in China.

Their tests are being run at 79 designated health centers, in addition to authorized private hospitals and public health labs across the country.

They have a huge capacity for testing but are also very organised.
    Kunkka wrote:
    Asking retired healthcare workers to come back to help when they are the most at risk age group...? Did they think that one through ?
    Its part of the 2010 HR policy that was drafted after the swine flu pandemic for the redeployment of staff in the event of a national pandemic or major emergency.

It doesn't mean its definitely going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I can watch on RTÉ Facebook page but can’t view it on their player. Clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

I think the virus only exists on this thread.

I’ve been in the real world since 7 this morning and nobody is bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Typical HSE, your ****ed in this country if things go tits up at the weekend and your in ICU. It needs to be disbanded. Joke of a health system.

So the only way of surviving the weekend if u have the virus is if the HSE have more press conferences?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Yes. Let's dismantle the HSE immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Acosta

juno10353 wrote: »

He is also believed to have treated patients in a nursing home.

Sweet Jesus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I wonder if it will be 95% tourists at this year’s parade in Dublin. I can’t picture many Irish people wanting to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Necro wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus.

Seriously conspiracy theories now?

Its common sense. The parade must go ahead the Gov made that clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Same actually they are all sick listening to me talk about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Coronavirus is taking the weekend off. Nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

They can't win can they.

Big numbers, they are doing ****e.

Low numbers, they are lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

When it comes to testing, the South Koreans are showing the world how it’s done:

The US and South Korea announced their first cases of the coronavirus on the same day: January 20. More than six weeks later, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has tested around 1,500 people for the virus. South Korea, meanwhile, has tested about 140,000.

The nation is capable of conducting as many as 10,000 tests per day and has built drive-thru testing clinics that can detect coronavirus cases in just 10 minutes. Officials say the clinics can reduce testing time by a third.

This quick response has allowed South Korea to detect more than 6,000 coronavirus patients, around 35 of whom have died. That means the country's death rate is around 0.6%.

The death rate is a calculation of the number of known deaths out of the total number of confirmed cases. Because the disease caused by the coronavirus, COVID-19, progresses over a period of weeks — and because these numbers are constantly changing — it is not static and very likely to continue changing. It is not a reflection of the likelihood that any given person will die if infected.

The World Health Organization estimated on Tuesday that the global fatality rate for the coronavirus is around 3.4%. Some health experts predict that this rate will decrease as the number of cases rises. South Korea offers solid evidence for that prediction so far.

https://www.businessinsider.com/south-korea-coronavirus-testing-death-rate-2020-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I don't get it. In the middle of a very serious health emergency they don't bother with weekend updates.

Tbh I don't even believe these numbers.

Think we may have a trouble maker here.

nineteen-eighty-four-big-brother-ingsoc-oceania-newspeak-others-png-clip-art.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

Kunkka wrote: »
    Asking retired healthcare workers to come back to help when they are the most at risk age group...? Did they think that one through ?

Who said they will be on the front line? they could take up other tasks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Don't see anyone "genuinely disappointed" on here.

Probably the ones claiming it's fake news in a desperate attempt to keep this looking as scary as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,159 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Necro wrote: »
    This thread has jumped the shark tonight.

Take a long look at yourselves people.

Christ on a bike.

I admit I had to look up 'jumped the shark" but yes....correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Acosta wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus!

That doctor is responsible for a lot of this spread. Surely he'll be struck off or will HSE just tighten up more to protect their own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Shush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

tillyfilly wrote: »
    If you die from covid 19 in Ireland they will have a secret funeral with no head stone

Paid for by the dole.
    Fcukin travellers.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Quite possibly! :P

There may end up being more threads than cases! Probably will be on Part LXVII by Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Well they aren't testing enough people so of course the numbers will be low unlike Italy that are testing way more and have huge numbers ... well played HSE that is until people start dying and the country realises how badly it was all handled

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Nobody believed China. Now people don’t believe the HSE lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement