Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Necro wrote: »
    This thread has jumped the shark tonight.

Take a long look at yourselves people.

Christ on a bike.

I was one of the people making jokes no point in being depressed but putting bets on new cases feels crass to me.:)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Often heard that some parts of the HSE and 'out of hours' are incompatible concepts. I suppose we'll see.

Wexford Campus (IT Carlow) apparently being deep cleaned presently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I must admit I am shattered that the Youghal parade is cancelled.

It was on my bucket list.

Just for you so you don't have to ever go..
    Swap the American stuff for Irish stuff and it's pretty much this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

gozunda wrote: »
    Dr Colin Henry, HSE clinical officer on the RTE News - advises people to move 2 metres away if another person sneezes or coughs when beside them

So the question is - how fast would you need to move to get 2 metres away before you are plastered with snot or phlegm? - given the spread of sneezing is estimated at about 150 kilometers per hour or more -

Answers on a postcard please - addressed to Dr Colin Henry, HSE Head Office

Also good luck trying to move 2 meters on a crowded bus/train.

These people don't like in the real world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Up to 8 metres for a sneeze and 6 metres for a cough.

The question is how fast would you have to move to get 2 metres away ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

VinLieger wrote: »
    I know someone who tested positive yesterday and was not in yesterdays numbers, waiting for details of today to see if they are in now
    Well, details, I wouldn’t expect details.
    Two male, two female.

Two south, one west, one east.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Probably the ones claiming it's fake news in a desperate attempt to keep this looking as scary as possible.

Similar to the ones who think this means it's nearly all over now... nothing to see here types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

pjohnson wrote: »
    That doctor is responsible for a lot of this spread. Surely he'll be struck off or will HSE just tighten up more to protect their own?
    He was told to go to work , he informed HSE and was told to report for duty as where he was wasn’t a red zone in Italy at that stage.
    So I would say little chance of him being struck off..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Kunkka wrote: »
    Asking retired healthcare workers to come back to help when they are the most at risk age group...? Did they think that one through ?

Yes, because they specifically mentioned using them in non-Covid-19 areas, so as to free up younger staff for those duties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Typical HSE, your ****ed in this country if things go tits up at the weekend and your in ICU. It needs to be disbanded. Joke of a health system.

The phone line and live chat should be 24/7 at this stage - here are the hours "Call us from 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am - 5pm on Saturday and Sunday"

https://www.hse.ie/eng/hselive/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

only 1 unexplained case so far so that is good

northern Italy the cause of most of our cases . it is rampant there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yes. Let's dismantle the HSE immediately.

Good plan, spend the money on Doctors, Nurses, Ventelators and Oxygen. There a f'n joke at weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

That doctor is responsible for a lot of this spread. Surely he'll be struck off or will HSE just tighten up more to protect their own?

From what I understand and I could be wrong but he identified himself to the hse before returning to work and they gave him go ahead to work. So they could be responsible legally.

Sky news just said Ireland 18 cases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

This thread is ridiculous! How do people have so much free time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

101 mph. Sneeze droplets travel at 100 mph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Self-isolating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

classic pr low numbers now monday big jump, wait and see.

Yeah... I'm sure the HSE are very wary of sending people into the weekend on a downer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,878 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Much lower new cases than I would have thought.

Just the 5.

Good news for once :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

No more updates until Monday. HSE are an absolute embarrassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

0-380 kph in under 0.1 seconds. You'd need a rail gun and all that would arrive at the safe distance would be a sticky red goo -gozundheit!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

The Italian government cancelled all school groups travelling abroad 2 weeks ago.
    Any Italian students here at the moment were already here before that.

It is infuriating that our government won't do this. My son's school is booked for Italy in mid April. The school checked with HSE and no advice to cancel it. All the money will be lost in any case as flights are still going to Italy. I'm assuming they won't go but no confirmation that it's cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Cuckoo7 wrote: »
    Well, details, I wouldn’t expect details.
    Two male, two female.

Two south, one west, one east.

Its enough to say its likely they are in todays numbers, would love to know why they weren't in yeaterdays though after getting the results mid-afternoon ....

Self isolation.
    You mean you're not?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scrabbles38

Why? When he got back he spoke to his bosses about what to do even though he did not return from an area that was black listed... got tested was negative and cleared for work.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Re Todays increase in diagnosed cases
    DrumSteve wrote: »
    5?

Hmmm not bad.

True. Good news

however ...

According to newspaper reports - testing of suspect cases is now taking more than 48 hours as opposed to the original 12 hours turnaround

That's one way of slowing the curve ....

Have to say it does seem like people are disappointed, just the overall tone over the last few pages.

You’d be hysterical if the number was high. And also hysterical about why the number is so low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭banie01

DrumSteve wrote: »
    They can't win can they.

Big numbers, they are doing ****e.

Low numbers, they are lying.

Well it flies in the face of what the Irish Times were alluding to numbers wise in their earlier headline.

The whole numbers being released by HSE while not lagging, does seem to very much predicated on confirmed test result rather than the "presumptive" results that NHS share.

I have had a number of contacts whom I'd trust confirm cases known to them and their tally and that announced are at a wild variance.

That said, I'm not a medic nor have I had any contact with a confirmed case.
    Colleagues in academic circles however are telling me the current public number is as reliable as a 70's Fiat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Considering its the weekend be safe out there folks, use protection

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement