Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

No more updates until Monday. HSE are an absolute embarrassment.

Is that true? Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

This thread is ridiculous! How do people have so much free time

The longer you spend here, the less likely you are to catch the virus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

i don't trust hse as far as i could throw them
    dad in 2012 was in icu in bad way. got through it, then 2 days later in ward our travelling salesman ethnic group started fighting, i went down to admin, noone there.... 2pm on a friday. i have many stories.
    i used work in pr marketing, the plan is to not lie but massage or ahem manage the figures.
    next week it will rise rise exponentially like rest of EU.
    the cases have a lag, but then explosive growth.
    tbh i prefer every bit of data i can use to protect me and my wife and little baby, rather than powers that be no better..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

gozunda wrote: »
    Dr Colin Henry, HSE clinical officer on the RTE News - advises people to move 2 metres away if another person sneezes or coughs when beside them

So the question is - how fast would you need to move to get 2 metres away before you are plastered with snot or phlegm? - given the spread of sneezing is estimated at about 150 kilometers per hour or more -

Answers on a postcard please - addressed to Dr Colin Henry, HSE Head Office

We should all just presume everybody is infected and look after ourselves.

If somebody sneezes or coughs on you, are we allowed to be rude with these people and tell them off?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

It is infuriating that our government won't do this. My son's school is booked for Italy in mid April. The school checked with HSE and no advice to cancel it. All the money will be lost in any case as flights are still going to Italy. I'm assuming they won't go but no confirmation that it's cancelled.

I thought aerlingus had cancelled flights to hotspot in Italy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It is infuriating that our government won't do this. My son's school is booked for Italy in mid April. The school checked with HSE and no advice to cancel it. All the money will be lost in any case as flights are still going to Italy. I'm assuming they won't go but no confirmation that it's cancelled.

Serious epidemic of kids going on ski trips alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Considering its the weekend be safe out there folks, use protection

Don't bother go bareback were all doomed anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

There was an epidemiologist on Channel 4 just now. He said this will probably become endemic worldwide which means it will be perpetual like the flu. He also said that, because of its lethality and its high transmission rate, this is the worst virus since the Spanish Flu. He also said that a vaccine won't be available anytime this year. Worth listening to the interview but pessimistic stuff.
    Hard to convince some lesser qualified around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Have to say it does seem like people are disappointed, just the overall tone over the last few pages.

You’d be hysterical if the number was high. And also hysterical about why the number is so low.

With them taking the weekend off to play golf Mondays numbers will sky rocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

101 mph. Sneeze droplets travel at 100 mph.

Usain Bolt wouldn't get out of the way in time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Don't bother go bareback were all doomed anyway..

with a name like that I think you throw caution to the wind, at least use hand sanitizer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,701 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Much lower new cases than I would have thought.

Just the 5.

Good news for once :)

"flatten the curve"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Can’t believe there’ll be no further updates until Monday evening.... fcukin joke!
    If there was an election or some sh1te going on, there be updates every few minutes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

This thread is ridiculous! How do people have so much free time

We all work for the HSE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Have to say it does seem like people are disappointed, just the overall tone over the last few pages.

You’d be hysterical if the number was high. And also hysterical about why the number is so low.

Or maybe,just maybe you are making it all up in your little head/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

France @ 653
    +230 today

Germany @ 670
    +125 today

Spain @ 400
    +118

Ireland @ 18
    +5 new cases is good news, expected it to be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭juno10353

pjohnson wrote: »
    That doctor is responsible for a lot of this spread. Surely he'll be struck off or will HSE just tighten up more to protect their

He was skiing in a part of Italy which was not listed as at risk when he returned and this meant he was not obliged to isolate himself for 14 days unless he had symptoms.

The parents, their daughter and son are being treated in a hospital in the west of Ireland.

It is understood that while all are positive it is just the one of the children who has symptoms

This doctor did nothing wrong. .

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kathryn1985

I know this is a fast moving tread but posts are being removed as quick as I am reading them- hse letter on Galway school and 6 th years (google- widely reported elsewhere) and now that place in Wexford currently being deep cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

We are in the middle of a virus crisis and the HSE decide to take the weekend off??

wtf no other country is doing this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Hard to convince some lesser qualified around here.

He also said that contact tracing is the best defence until a vaccine is developed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

gozunda wrote: »
    Dr Colin Henry, HSE clinical officer on the RTE News - advises people to move 2 metres away if another person sneezes or coughs when beside them

So the question is - how fast would you need to move to get 2 metres away before you are plastered with snot or phlegm?

I suppose you could do an empirical test by lining up the HSE top brass along and Leo and his war committee. Then get an infected patient to cough or sneeze in front of them. Be interesting to see how speedily they would react and could anyone hold out for 14.5 minutes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

I know this is a fast moving tread but posts are being removed as quick as I am reading them- hse letter on Galway school and 6 th years (google- widely reported elsewhere) and now that place in Wexford currently being deep cleaned.
    Source for Wexford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

juno10353 wrote: »
    pjohnson wrote: »
    That doctor is responsible for a lot of this spread. Surely he'll be struck off or will HSE just tighten up more to protect their

He was skiing in a part of Italy which was not listed as at risk when he returned and this meant he was not obliged to isolate himself for 14 days unless he had symptoms.

The parents, their daughter and son are being treated in a hospital in the west of Ireland.

It is understood that while all are positive it is just the one of the children who has symptoms

This doctor did nothing wrong. .

Salient point here is the area not at risk. Hundreds of Irish skiers were in so called areas of no risk. Unbelievable stupidity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    We are in the middle of a virus crisis and the HSE decide to take the weekend off??

The mind boggles... it really does. Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

0 Irish deaths.
    Why are we always an embarrassment.

**** sake, we should put Roy Keane in charge. He’d have deaths by now.
    #fuming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

He also said that contact tracing is the best defence until a vaccine is developed.

ireland outsourcing as usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    Source for Wexford?

General email to students.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

RugbyLad11 wrote: »

I'm sure you'll be able to survive the weekend without knowing how many new cases there are....... The over the top outrage in this thread is disgraceful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement