Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    Source for Wexford?

Verona Murphy was seen walking through the hospital, so a deep clean was needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Should you wear a mask? In short, probably not unless you are infected and reason why explained.

Good tips as always in these videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

When all this is over, there will be some hard questions to be answered about why the HSE thought that temperature screening at the airports, of people coming from known hotspots, was not worthwhile!!

If it only picked up one of those who were already at the stage of shedding virus, It would have saved our stretched public health services a contact tracing wild goose chase.

Their excuse… it would not have picked all of the cases and something about taking paracetamol !

I don’t know of any biological test which is 100% accurate !

The Chinese check temperatures everywhere… and they have slowed the disease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

BarryD2 wrote: »
    General email to students.
    Which student facility?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I think the virus only exists on this thread.

I’ve been in the real world since 7 this morning and nobody is bothered.

Have you seen what's happening around the world?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

0 Irish deaths.
    Why are we always an embarrassment.

**** sake, we should put Roy Keane in charge. He’d have deaths by now.
    #fuming

coroynavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

Cuckoo7 wrote: »
    I thought aerlingus had cancelled flights to hotspot in Italy?

They're going to Venice. Dept of foreign affairs said flights still going to Venice so it's up to the school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

He also said that contact tracing is the best defence until a vaccine is developed.

Hes a ****ing moron

https://www.businessinsider.com/south-korea-coronavirus-testing-death-rate-2020-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    Which student facility?

From Carlow IT to all students as far as I know, to clarify rumours........ but cleaning only relates to the Wexford campus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Logan Roy wrote: »
    I'm sure you'll be able to survive the weekend without knowing how many new cases there are....... The over the top outrage in this thread is disgraceful.

So you agree that it appropriate for no more updates until Monday from our health dept. Does the virus only spread Monday -Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

The no briefing til Monday just means the speculation and rumours will be even more prevelant due to lack of official figures

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

lawred2 wrote: »
    Serious epidemic of kids going on ski trips alright.

Not a ski trip. Venice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

We should all just presume everybody is infected and look after ourselves.

If somebody sneezes or coughs on you, are we allowed to be rude with these people and tell them off?

No, just scream, whip out a can of hairspray and a lighter and incinerate all the air between you and them. That might get their attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

When all this is over, there will be some hard questions to be answered about why the HSE thought that temperature screening at the airports, of people coming from known hotspots, was not worthwhile!!

If it only picked up one of those who were already at the stage of shedding virus, It would have saved our stretched public health services a contact tracing wild goose chase.

Their excuse… it would not have picked all of the cases and something about taking paracetamol !

In fairness the chinese did a lot more than just taking temp, loads of non medical containment procedures that worked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Ardillaun wrote: »
    When it comes to testing, the South Koreans are showing the world how it’s done:

Yea the drive through testing , with no real decontamination between patients, - great way to spread the disease.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

What's this around? The world is flat lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/comments/fejbn6/italy_and_south_korea_have_more_people_sick_of/
    Italy and Korea now have significantly more infections per capita than China

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Logan Roy wrote: »
    I'm sure you'll be able to survive the weekend without knowing how many new cases there are....... The over the top outrage in this thread is disgraceful.

In fairness the executive of the HSE going into a media blackout over the weekend in the middle of a developing public health issue is classic HSE, and another reason why public confidence in the HSE is rock bottom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    We are in the middle of a virus crisis and the HSE decide to take the weekend off??

wtf no other country is doing this

It's a way to keep the numbers low.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

No. I’m getting all my data from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

No coronavirus on the weekends wahhey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

We should all just presume everybody is infected and look after ourselves.

If somebody sneezes or coughs on you, are we allowed to be rude with these people and tell them off?

It's a hard one but I think we should keep our humanity. We defintely need to be stricter regarding socially acceptable hygiene practices.

I've heard of first had reports of people in Italy who have been discharged after fighting it off. They need to quarantine and have nowhere to go.

Random strangers are putting people up in out houses etc. Think society needs to band together to fill the gaps in the system.

Click the link if you want to understand what is like in a hospital coping with this.

https://www.la7.it/piazzapulita/video/coronavirus-dentro-il-reparto-di-terapia-intensiva-05-03-2020-311522

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

Not at all, we are the island where there is no responsibility taken, no accountability given, and We just keep on taking these people’s word for everything. We’re idiots in putting up with the ineptitude of our “ leaders” and experts. I don’t trust them on a good day let alone in a crisis, so I prepare best I can for the inevitable here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

It's a way to keep the numbers low.

Until monday anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

With regards to the masks advice , Dr Tony Holohan saying again tonight we aren't advising that people wear masks as they don't work .

they only stop people passing the virus on but doesn't stop people getting it .

Surely if everybody wore the masks it would stop those that don't know they have it passing it on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

VinLieger wrote: »

Well, I wouldn't call him a moron TBF. He's a highly qualified epidemiologist. I posted a link earlier to a very good article that discusses South Korea low mortality rate. Here it is - worth a read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭daheff

It is infuriating that our government won't do this. My son's school is booked for Italy in mid April. The school checked with HSE and no advice to cancel it. All the money will be lost in any case as flights are still going to Italy. I'm assuming they won't go but no confirmation that it's cancelled.

Nothing stopping you from pulling your child out of the trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

A lot of Drs are being complacent they are thinking on the micro not the macro level. They are thinking of the majority of patients as individuals.

The virus is for most going to be a really bad flu /pneumonia. Its not going to be that serious.

But on a global scale its going to be devastating. They are not thinking of the herd.

They think we are panicking. Humans as a species have to work together to slow and halt this for vulnerable populations and individuals.

Drs aren't seeing the bigger picture. They are smart people but near sighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

There will be updates at the weekend

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement