Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

No more updates until Monday. HSE are an absolute embarrassment.
    Are you surprised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

You can’t catch coronavirus on a Saturday or Sunday. Pass it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

No coronavirus on the weekends wahhey
    Even COVID needs to ‘Covid’ ...... knowwhatimean :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Saying they will release updated numbers throughout the weekend. Just no live press conferences

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Are you surprised?

There will be briefings over the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Monday morning HSE update -1000 cases of COVID 19 in Ireland while the executive were partying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,602 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Tripping over his words there
    Reporter: So the group of 4 yesterday have infected another person in the west
    Dr: I didn't say that
    Reporter: But they contracted it in the west and there's only 4 people confirmed by you there
    Dr: I'm not saying they caught it there
    Reporter: :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Are you surprised?

Not in the least. I’ve enough personal and professional experience with them to know this is exactly the way they would handle it. Inept to the core.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

namloc1980 wrote: »
    In fairness the executive of the HSE going into a media blackout over the weekend in the middle of a developing public health issue is classic HSE, and another reason why public confidence in the HSE is rock bottom.

Ah he could do with a break. Skiing maybe, I know a place where the slopes would be nice and quiet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

No coronavirus on the weekends wahhey

The hse arent going to fork out time and a half and double time to pay the virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

namloc1980 wrote:
    In fairness the executive of the HSE going into a media blackout over the weekend in the middle of a developing public health issue is classic HSE, and another reason why public confidence in the HSE is rock bottom.

You're f**kin joining me. I can't believe that. So long as they are well and fit they should be in battle mode. Not taking the weekend off to catch the rugby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Juwwi wrote: »
    With regards to the masks advice , Dr Tony Holohan saying again tonight we aren't advising that people wear masks as they don't work .

they only stop people passing the virus on but doesn't stop people getting it .

Surely if everybody wore the masks it would stop those that don't know they have it passing it on .

Careful now.

Anyway all they have to say is that it's for everyone's benefit that medical professionals get first dibs. Grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

fritzelly wrote: »
    Tripping over his words there
    Reporter: So the group of 4 yesterday have infected another person in the west
    Dr: I didn't say that
    Reporter: But they contracted it in the west and there's only 4 people confirmed by you there
    Dr: I'm not saying they caught it there
    Reporter: :confused:

Covering their own arses there. Sure didn't they tell the doctor he was grand to work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

khalessi wrote: »
    Thank for allowing me use it. I didnt say he was better or worse then who scientist. But he is not just an a&e nurse as you so patronisingly put it. He has a doctorate/PhD and is learned in his area and if you understood anything you would know how much work goes into obtaining a PhD. I just find your attitude to academic study ignorant and dismissive. Use him dont use him but there was no need to be so rude about his qualifications, he is a university lecturer

People have assumed that he is a medical doctor. His phd is in nurse training and education and good for him but he isn’t a doctor or a scientist. Nothing wrong what I said, no call for you to insult me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    France @ 653
    +230 today

Germany @ 670
    +125 today

Spain @ 400
    +118

Ireland @ 18
    +5 new cases is good news, expected it to be worse.

Would be interesting to know how many each country tested

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

daheff wrote: »
    Nothing stopping you from pulling your child out of the trip.

He's not going. Parents are losing all the money for these trips though because the flights are still going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭fits

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    Source for Wexford?

I can confirm that. It’s a confirmed case of a family member of a student in Wexford campus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Can I play the piano anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

At the end of that briefing
    "End days"
    "I know!"

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

They're going to Venice. Dept of foreign affairs said flights still going to Venice so it's up to the school.
    If they are flying mid April there’s time still for that to change.
    Who knows, by them it may be us having more cases than them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

It’s a 9 to 5 virus.
    Gone back to Italy for the weekend.
    On the piste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

hawkelady wrote: »
    So you agree that it appropriate for no more updates until Monday from our health dept. Does the virus only spread Monday -Friday.

Kinda like heart attacks in the South East so.

It's shocking alright. You wouldn't get it anywhere else,
    But maybe a break from the info will be good for some people's minds.

Not that there is a lot of info coming from our side, but in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

First case in Ibiza now for **** sake that's what I was dreading. Chances of getting over this year are getting smaller and smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

I think the virus only exists on this thread.

I’ve been in the real world since 7 this morning and nobody is bothered.

You might change your tune and lose the flippant nonchalant attitude, if yourself or an elderly relative get infected with it.:) ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Can I play the piano?

Not the one in Connolly Station!!

Imagine the germs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭daheff

He's not going. Parents are losing all the money for these trips though because the flights are still going.

So your problem is losing the money, not that schools are still going ahead with the trip... right??

So can you see if the airline/travel agent can reschedule the trip....a lot are at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Drs aren't seeing the bigger picture. They are smart people but near sighted.

Yes may well be a case of not seeing the wood for the trees, group think, going by protocols and procedures when really what's needed is to step back and take a much wider view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

Folks,
    Living down here in the so called 'West' and have a lot of contacts working in the HSE and they are agog at what has just been presented tonight.

Does anyone know what time cut off they used for today's numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    We are in the middle of a virus crisis and the HSE decide to take the weekend off??

wtf no other country is doing this
    They are saving the bad news till next week and trying to control the narrative hence why the Irish Times story about a big increase looks wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,495 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Not a ski trip. Venice.

Water skiing so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement