Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

They said there would be press releases at the weekend and they would still be working

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

He's not going. Parents are losing all the money for these trips though because the flights are still going.

Yeah it's unfair the airlines should cancel but they won't because they will loose out.
    Loads of people will have to make the decision themselves and unfortunatly loose they flight money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,695 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Only five more is fantastic news. Grow up people. Real life is not a Hollywood film. Hopefully less next time!

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

deise08 wrote: »
    Kinda like heart attacks in the South East so.

It's shocking alright. You wouldn't get it anywhere else,
    But maybe a break from the info will be good for some people's minds.

Not that there is a lot of info coming from our side, but in general.

Harris was moaning about the spread of misinformation today, so to overcome that they're going to create an information blackhole over the weekend by having no press conference updates until Monday. Classic incompetence at its finest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

sjb25 wrote: »

Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

cloudatlas wrote: »
    People have assumed that he is a medical doctor. His phd is in nurse training and education and good for him but he isn’t a doctor or a scientist. Nothing wrong what I said, no call for you to insult me.

Stop being so patronising in your comments then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

boege wrote: »
    Folks,
    Living down here in the so called 'West' and have a lot of contacts working in the HSE and they are agog at what has just been presented tonight.

Does anyone know what time cut off they used for today's numbers?

Agog? Why? At the figures released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

I am sure the Government will be out shaking peoples hands at the Paddys day parade to show us all there is nothing to be worried about.

Like fcuk they will.

Leo seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Cus the drinks bring back all the memories

And the memories bring back memories bring back

Duh duh duh duh duh

• Advertisement

Only five more is fantastic news. Grow up people. Real life is not a Hollywood film. Hopefully less next time!

We would be a complete outlier if cases keep going down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Probably p1ssing against the wind, but...
    Petition to cancel St. Patrick’s Day mass gatherings

http://chng.it/RRHSFJBv8y

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

First case in Ibiza now for **** sake that's what I was dreading. Chances of getting over this year are getting smaller and smaller

Not being funny, why were you dreading Ibiza precisely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

boege wrote: »
    Folks,
    Living down here in the so called 'West' and have a lot of contacts working in the HSE and they are agog at what has just been presented tonight.

Does anyone know what time cut off they used for today's numbers?

Tonight was earlier than usual which in itself is odd. Stopping updates until Monday is odd in an extremely serious public health crisis. Something is amiss for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

khalessi wrote: »
    Stop being so patronising in your comments then

No idea why you are so personally affronted by it but good response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

namloc1980 wrote: »
    We would be a complete outlier if cases keep going down.

They won't - hundreds within a fortnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

https://www.thejournal.ie/new-cases-coronavirus-5036425-Mar2020/

'He added that the National Public Health Emergency Team might now instead report once a week on the status of the illness in Ireland instead of a daily briefing.'

FFS
    Nevermind taking the weekend off, might as well take a full week off lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

Cuckoo7 wrote: »
    If they are flying mid April there’s time still for that to change.
    Who knows, by them it may be us having more cases than them.

I agree. Alot can happen in a few weeks unfortunately.

I am sure the Government will be out shaking peoples hands at the Paddys day parade to show us all there is nothing to be worried about.

Like fcuk they will.

Leo seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth.

If they cancel the parade here then realistically the Ministers wouldn't be able to go on their final last Paddy's Day junkets abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

So The Irish Times, eh? I'm struggling to see how 5 in the context of 18 total is significant.

Also, I watched the 5.30pm news on TV3 (or whatever it's called now). See here at ~1.42. "It comes as the number of confirmed cases here almost doubled."

Regarding weekend updates. You'd hope that even in the absence of a press conference, they would still put out a press release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    France @ 653
    +230 today

Germany @ 670
    +125 today

Spain @ 400
    +118

Ireland @ 18
    +5 new cases is good news, expected it to be worse.

Surely it’s just a reflection of how few are being tested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Well, I wouldn't call him a moron TBF. He's a highly qualified epidemiologist. I posted a link earlier to a very good article that discusses South Korea low mortality rate. Here it is - worth a read.

He comes across as having the classic Irish Doctor God complex where his word is law and nobody elses opinion is of worth. I read that same article and it explains exactly why we should be proactively testing, sticking only to contact tracing is a mistake we will sorely regret as theres a lot of evidence its fairly worthless due to how this virus hides and spreads

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Multipass wrote: »

This exactly Italy are testing WAAAY more hence such high numbers , they are actually looking for it !

'He added that the National Public Health Emergency Team might now instead report once a week on the status of the illness in Ireland instead of a daily briefing.'

FFS

They are absolutely determined to make sure the parade goes ahead if at all possible. Downplaying at all turns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Multipass wrote: »
    Haven’t been really following most of this but as they have told people to ring a GP or HSE if they they are displaying symptoms and they are told to self isolate, we aren’t really sure of the true number of cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

5 New cases...

Each one smacks of 'Tested because they met the CRITERIA'!:mad:
    ...so angry...please tell me someone else is getting this?! You either are a GP/HSE or sent home from hospital half dead because they wouldn't test you or you meet the criteria.... Not to mention each one is either a MALE or a FEMALE :eek:...no kidding!!! From the East , West or South....Really..:eek: No Kidding..Really? :mad: FFS!:mad:

[U]I DO NOT FEEL INFORMED. NOT IN ANY WAY[/U]....I can do better than this crap by following social Media!

As seen on: https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0306/1120531-coronavirus/

1."....a female from the west of the country who is a contact of a confirmed case;
    2. another female in the south of the country who was in contact with a confirmed case
    3. and is a healthcare worker; a male from the south of the country with a travel history which is being investigated;
    4. a female from the south of the country associated with travel also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

FFS

That is just astounding! What the fcuk is wrong with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

So The Irish Times, eh? I'm struggling to see how 5 in the context of 18 total is significant.

If you take €1 and double it every day for a month you'll have a 1 million euro.
    Thank me later for letting you in on this simple trick to financial freedom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

namloc1980 wrote: »
    They are absolutely determined to make sure the parade goes ahead if at all possible. Downplaying at all turns.

Or maybe they're trying to take a rational approach to things instead of totally ****ting the bed over a grand total of 18 cases in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

FFS
    I really don’t get the way they’re handling it.
    The communication part I mean.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement