Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

daheff wrote: »
    So your problem is losing the money, not that schools are still going ahead with the trip... right??

So can you see if the airline/travel agent can reschedule the trip....a lot are at the moment

Both.
    When would you suggest rescheduling? This could be with us all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Tonight was earlier than usual which in itself is odd. Stopping updates until Monday is odd in an extremely serious public health crisis. Something is amiss for me.

Yes, but in the presentation they mentioned something about positives after a time being reported the next day - did not catch the specifics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

When is the briefing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I am sure the Government will be out shaking peoples hands at the Paddys day parade to show us all there is nothing to be worried about.

Like fcuk they will.

Leo seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth.

RTE news had a video of him on the 6.01 news.

I believe it was taken today.(scroll down)

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0306/1120531-coronavirus/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Cuckoo7 wrote: »
    Not being funny, why were you dreading Ibiza precisely?

We go every year without fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

boege wrote: »
    Folks,
    Living down here in the so called 'West' and have a lot of contacts working in the HSE and they are agog at what has just been presented tonight.
    Does anyone know what time cut off they used for today's numbers?

What do you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

First case in Bogota, Columbia. A teenager who recently returned from Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭crossman47

Ninthlife wrote: »
    The no briefing til Monday just means the speculation and rumours will be even more prevelant due to lack of official figures

They said no briefing but they will be issuing the numbers. The post about playing golf is uncalled for. These people are working much harder than any of us who have time to post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Or maybe they're trying to take a rational approach to things instead of totally ****ting the bed over a grand total of 18 cases in the country.

Does anyone honestly believe there are only 18 cases in the country? We're not testing anyone outside very narrow parameters here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

boege wrote: »
    Folks,
    Living down here in the so called 'West' and have a lot of contacts working in the HSE and they are agog at what has just been presented tonight.

If they are agog, I guess it won't be long getting out. That's the way it is now, news can't really be managed anymore in situations like this. Which is why the HSE/ Gov approach to presenting information to date looks ham fisted and out dated. Which is a pity as it becomes counter productive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

owlbethere wrote: »
    When is the briefing

It's over, 5 new cases. Update on Monday then weekly after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

owlbethere wrote: »
    When is the briefing

Its over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

VinLieger wrote: »
    He comes across as having the classic Irish Doctor God complex where his word is law and nobody elses opinion is of worth. I read that same article and it explains exactly why we should be proactively testing, sticking only to contact tracing is a mistake we will sorely regret as theres a lot of evidence its fairly worthless due to how this virus hides and spreads

Did you see the interview? He came across as quite measured. For example, he declined to predict the number of possible deaths in the UK. South Korea got ahead of the curve by increasing the manufacture of testing equipment as soon as the Chinese outbreak occurred. I suppose other countries never thought it would become pandemic and didn't follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

If you take €1 and double it every day for a month you'll have a 1 million euro.
    Thank me later for letting you in on this simple trick to financial freedom.

You'd actually have €1m on day 21.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

*weekly til after Paddy's day when the daily will resume.

Yea:) Now you see where this is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

5 New cases...

Each one smacks of 'Tested because they met the CRITERIA'!:mad:
    ...so angry...please tell me someone else is getting this?! You either are a GP/HSE or sent home from hospital half dead because they wouldn't test you or you meet the criteria.... Not to mention each one is either a MALE or a FEMALE :eek:...no kidding!!! From the East , West or South....Really..:eek: No Kidding..Really? :mad: FFS!:mad:

[U]I DO NOT FEEL INFORMED. NOT IN ANY WAY[/U]....I can do better than this crap by following social Media!

As seen on: https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0306/1120531-coronavirus/

1."....a female from the west of the country who is a contact of a confirmed case;
    2. another female in the south of the country who was in contact with a confirmed case
    3. and is a healthcare worker; a male from the south of the country with a travel history which is being investigated;
    4. a female from the south of the country associated with travel also.

Yep looks like we are doing it the American way: the fewer people you test, the fewer cases you have.

It will come back to bite us (and the US) at some point though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭crossman47

Thats not what he said at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Then you could buy a vaccine on the dark web...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

If you take €1 and double it every day for a month you'll have a 1 million euro.
    Thank me later for letting you in on this simple trick to financial freedom.

You would actually have a billion euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Tonight was earlier than usual which in itself is odd. Stopping updates until Monday is odd in an extremely serious public health crisis. Something is amiss for me.

Hmmm what could it mean? When do most people do their weekly shop?

crossman47 wrote: »
    Thats not what he said at all.

Check post 5410

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Or maybe they're trying to take a rational approach to things instead of totally ****ting the bed over a grand total of 18 cases in the country.
    So you believe there is only 18 cases in the country?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Empty_Space

These daily updates are pointless, nothing informative is shared. Leading to more and more speculation.

Ireland once again run by apes

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

So The Irish Times, eh? I'm struggling to see how 5 in the context of 18 total is significant.

Also, I watched the 5.30pm news on TV3 (or whatever it's called now). See here at ~1.42. "It comes as the number of confirmed cases here almost doubled."

Regarding weekend updates. You'd hope that even in the absence of a press conference, they would still put out a press release.
    They said there would be a press release

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

What do you mean?

He means the numbers of confirmed case are in correct.
    Because know someone or something in the use.

Tin foil hat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Tootsie_1 wrote:
    Well they aren't testing enough people so of course the numbers will be low unlike Italy that are testing way more and have huge numbers ... well played HSE that is until people start dying and the country realises how badly it was all handled
    Italy are providing testing in many labs around the country.

We can only provide testing in the NVRL.
    gozunda wrote:
    According to newspaper reports - testing of suspect cases is now taking more than 48 hours as opposed to the original 12 hours turnaround
    That's what happens when there is a huge influx of testing for one lab. There will be a backlog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Has anyone been watching the press conference (I'm not able to).

I wold love to know if the following questions were asked:

- how many tests are HSE carrying out every day?
    - how long does it take for a test result to come back?
    - how many test kits do we have in the country (ie. how many days testing can we do?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Isnt ireland now a 'coronavirus affected country' ?! Someone should update RTE news now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭daheff

It's not doubling everyday though.

We went from 13 to 18 today. ~40%
    Sat would be 18 to around 25
    Sun around 25 to 35
    Mon then 35 to 49

HSE will announce jump from 18 to 49 on Monday then. That'll get some notice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement