Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

flynnlives wrote: »
    Im hearing this evening that the suspected community transmission case in cork icu has been solved and is not in fact community related.

The patient already had pneumonia and contracted coronavirus in the hospital from a doctor or a nurse. They arent sure yet.

Where are you hearing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

fr336 wrote: »
    This is the neoliberal lie swallowed whole. A government's purpose is to serve its people, not least to keep them safe. Economies go up and down, this is an emergency, and in emergencies governments need to borrow to keep their population safe. Of course if we didn't have people walking around with more wealth than entire countries this wouldn't be such an issue.

Poverty kills? When discussing the potenial cancelling of the IRL VS ITL rugby game none other that Joe duffy said this "But sport saves lives"

Please discuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Wuhan market tour.

Graphic warning

https://youtu.be/QADi8sgtkfw

Graphic warning

At 1:36, literal bat on a stick and then snakes afterwards. Good Lord, it's a miracle we've lasted this long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

saabsaab wrote: »
    Gov Policy. Sure St Patrick might do it again and banish the virus from Ireland.

wut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

gozunda wrote: »
    So it was community related then...

Nah ive been hearing whispers down here that a few nurses were also in italy. And like the gp in clare was told to work after they came back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I made sure to get to the docs today to get an extra months inhalers, I'm gonna need them I think.

I got a load of benzos.

Might get sick but will be very calm. Ha.

Should give them out free to some on this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

owlbethere wrote: »
    Was it on special offer?

no dont think so, 4pk for 7 euro so got 2 4pks
    considering how much it is in a pub thats bangin
    also got a naggin of powers and 20 b+h for grounding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

People going around with enormous wealth is a red herring. Plenty of small businesses and their employees are at risk right now because of the economic implications of the whole thing.

Can't remember the owner of a small business having more wealth than a country. It's big business not paying taxes to fund the countries they make money from that's the problem. Take, take, take.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭blackcard

Sky News paper review leading with a spat between Meghan and Camilla followed by story about Queen Liz and the leader of Dubai, then an item about taxes on Tampax being lowered in the upcoming budget. I think that Ireland would go into meltdown if something similar happened here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

It's so difficult to put together a protest in a situation like this, activism is impossible. Could we collectively take all of our money out of the bank on the same day to make a statement??

Take all your money out,
    Not a great idea crash an already fragile economy.
    Plus ques of people spreading germs virus ECT

So many things wrong with that idea it would take too long to list them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

At 1:36, literal bat on a stick and then snakes afterwards. Good Lord, it's a miracle we've lasted this long!

I know different strokes and all that, but who looks at a bat on a stick and thinks that looks tasty.

Also, those poor dogs....

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

I got a load of benzos.

Might get sick but will be very calm. Ha.

Should give them out free to some on this thread.

An extra month of Benzos ?

ITman88 wrote: »
    I agree totally with you on the economy. It’s much more complicated than the type of doomsday, hysteric, lunar type figures the posters on this thread have been spouting for days now.
    Simple fact is this virus will do much less damage than a financial implosion will ever cause.
    It comes down to people thriving on hysteria and doomsday material, it’s some type of fetish, and the majority enjoy it, the media apps like the journal post countless sensationalist articles every day and I’m sure the views on those articles are breaking records.
    1500 people die every day in Italy of a variety of ailments, the virus has been a drop in the ocean until now, not as yet worthy of the drivel on this thread.

2 questions

Will you be attending the parade?
    Do you possess copious amounts of hand gel?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

I cant really say but i reckon it will leak to the media with more details soon.

This is the reason theyve vitually shut down CUH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Christ people tryna excuse greed as some kinda good for the community thing :pac:

Thank god the Clare GP helped the community doing his work. Hes a real hero of modern Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Including NI.

Officially UK figures include England, Scotland, Northern Ireland & Wales, although I notice some Irish media outlets refering to how many cases there are on the island of Ireland, which of course changes the official UK figures as the NI cases would be detracted from the UK figures & added to the Ireland figures!

Best to just stay with UK figures & ROI figures, then we know exactly what's what within borders.

UK = 164, Ireland (ROI) = 18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

There will be an awful lot of cruise ship operators out of business after this, I'd have to be forced on at gun point.

EDIT: 46 tested. 21 positive. FCUK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

VinLieger wrote: »

Heads should literally roll for the piss poor decisions that were made in the past 4 weeks.

You actually want to chop off their heads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

while we're all tut tutting about what they eat in china, remember that we just love a nice juicy baby sheep or deep fried bits of factory farmed chicken mixed with who knows what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    An extra month of Benzos ?

Was a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Watching Trump visiting the CDC. Jeez it's like Kim Jong Il "your great leadership and inspired decision making Chairman Kim has saved us"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

fr336 wrote: »
    Can't remember the owner of a small business having more wealth than a country. It's big business not paying taxes to fund the countries they make money from that's the problem. Take, take, take.

You're preaching to choir there but that's not something that we can change overnight and even if we could, Ireland couldn't and shouldn't do a solo run on it. But the OECD are gradually (glacially slow tbf) getting to grips with it. It's not a policy option right now for our government so it sort of is a red herring in context of the St Patrick's Day parade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

VinLieger wrote: »
    If anything thats potentially worse as a doctor or nurse has been working potentially for weeks infecting others and where did they get it from ?
    Any reason why the HSE are not mentioning your 3 friends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

froog wrote: »
    while we're all tut tutting about what they eat in china, remember that we just love a nice juicy baby sheep or deep fried bits of factory farmed chicken mixed with who knows what.

The lambs arent babies when they are eaten here.

Even Keynesians want to prevent recessions because when economies go down people die but I accept and agree that the state can and should borrow as necessary to provide social protection and economic stimulus.

People going around with enormous wealth is a red herring. Plenty of small businesses and their employees are at risk right now because of the economic implications of the whole thing.

US FED dropping the interest rate as they did had **** all impact because the fundemenals are clear.

Nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

froog wrote: »

I would hazard a guess our hygiene is better though, I wont watch the video but have heard plenty about it doesn't sound like the most hygienic environment ??

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

2 questions

Will you be attending the parade?
    Do you possess copious amounts of hand gel?

Can’t go to parade due to work!!!
    I am washing my hands more often as instructed, no hand gel or masks bought tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

It is thought the lower death rate in South Korea may in fact be because 40% of the casesin the country are from the cult . 40% of the cult members are under 30 years old and also 70% of members are female and the virus seems to be considerably more dangerous for men.

https://blog.naver.com/daegu_news/221840129905

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Kaboom! Here we go again, could this be a repeat of the Diamond Princess, we'll see how the CDC deal with it this time.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement