Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Wuhan market tour.

Graphic warning

https://youtu.be/QADi8sgtkfw

Graphic warning

There isn't really a lot being said about the cause of this outbreak. If the Chinese weren't eating bats and all sort of crazy wild animals this wouldn't have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yes. Those with the most information, who can make the most informed decision are not advising to stop flights. No way in hell they are going to appease some keyboard warriors

The WHO's remit isn't just public safety it's also Economic, people would do well to remember that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

poppers wrote: »
    Only a handful people from ireland have tested pos on rtn from italy. How were the gov going to stop people (100s of kids on school ski trips) coming home.

Let them come home then isolate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

hmmm wrote: »
    He's just said that he thinks the death rate will be a tenth of a percent, and there is a CDC scientist beside him that looks like he wants to disappear into the ground.

The US is screwed with this idiot as President. I think they're in big trouble. Whatever criticism we might give the HSE, I believe what they're saying and think the medical professionals are competent.

Exactly. At least our government are letting the HSE get on with the job. Trump's pronouncements on the virus are an example of narcissistic authoritarianism in full bloom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

hurikane wrote: »
    I suggest you head out and eat some road kill. A badger would do nicely.

I'm gonna catch me some Froogs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

The lambs arent babies when they are eaten here.

Their slaughtered as babies for our consumption, the hubei wet market had every animal in that market, and a similar market caused sars in a different region before

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Supply chains dominoes falling, will impact April forward. Baltic Dry Index 7 Mar just back to parity with it's 21 Jan level. Bear in mind USA is about 80% dependent on China for pharmaceutical supplies.

china_trop_2020056.png

I made sure to get to the docs today to get an extra months inhalers, I'm gonna need them I think.

Reasonable advice. But don't docs serve six month scripts in Ireland. Apologies, I work in hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

TTLF wrote: »
    so 5 cases confirmed today, glad to see the number is lower, although i feel that's just down to only testing X amount I presume?
    380 plus tested in total so not too bad I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

froog wrote: »
    we've been eating wild animals for hundreds of thousands of years. taken from their natural state with no preservatives or other chemicals and living their best life. many people prefer eating animals killed in the wild as much more ethical and safe than mass farmed animals. i suggest you watch some documentarys on where most of our chicken comes from for example.

Bats are known to carry disease and its well know bush meats are behind a lot of zoonotic diseases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

froog wrote: »
    while we're all tut tutting about what they eat in china, remember that we just love a nice juicy baby sheep or deep fried bits of factory farmed chicken mixed with who knows what.

Yeah dont forget the mould dirt and bugs on all those vegetables and cereals or that birds crap all over them as well - eeeuughh .

Btw they dont eat bat in China. Probably one of the few things animal vegetable and mineral they don't eat. But if a lamb is a 'baby sheep' what do you call a baby bat? You know just for a bit of saccharine emotive appeal like ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Is it gone yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

gmisk wrote: »

380 tested since yesterday or only 380 tested in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

tuxy wrote: »
    I'm surprised they have managed to trace it back to one person in Italy.

What country had they traveled from?

China I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

gmisk wrote: »

Today alone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ikozma wrote: »
    Is it gone yet?

It's behind you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

I'm gonna catch me some Froogs

:D

Some people... they’ve watched a Netflix documentary and are instant experts on every thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

gozunda wrote: »
    Yeah dont forget the mould dirt and bugs on all those vegetables and cereals or that birds crap all over them as well - eeeuughh .

Btw they dont eat bat in China. Probably one of the few things animal vegetable and mineral they don't eat. But if a lamb is a 'baby sheep' what do you call a baby bat? You know just for a bit of saccharine emotive appeal like ...

A Batling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

I think it's apt to think of this gorilla and his wise words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hLy9bbP_YM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Jin luk wrote: »
    Their slaughtered as babies for our consumption, the hubei wet market had every animal in that market, and a similar market caused sars in a different region before

Theyre at least a few months old before slaughter, I know because I grew up on a sheep farm.
    You cant compare the meat standards we have in this country to dirty wet/live markets in China, they were banned after sars but they went black market/officials turned a blind eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

flynnlives wrote: »
    Im hearing this evening that the suspected community transmission case in cork icu has been solved and is not in fact community related.

The patient already had pneumonia and contracted coronavirus in the hospital from a doctor or a nurse. They arent sure yet.
    that make sense, if they found the healthworker today too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Did you see the video? 1:35, it's hardly just for show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QADi8sgtkfw&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR235NATFKXFhHr73H8HDffpNoHUdxX7Oy9kc9zMZuLNI-MI5SsEyUuM3Lg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

A rat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Reasonable advice. But don't docs serve six month scripts in Ireland. Apologies, I work in hospital.

My one is a 3 month one, I've another 2 I can collect over the following few months.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Proper handwashing is actually even more effective.

Tubs on The Late Late Show showing us how to wash the hands correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

49 deaths in Italy today. Seems to be a deteriorating situation there.

Sick that people apply production value to a deadly pathogen for clicks.

Biut hey rock on. Fack masks + 500%

Ain’t my video, but humour will also emerge in times like this, unless one wants to engage in universal pessimism and despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ellsbells1

Quote: flynnlives
    Im hearing this evening that the suspected community transmission case in cork icu has been solved and is not in fact community related.

The patient already had pneumonia and contracted coronavirus in the hospital from a doctor or a nurse. They arent sure yet.

This means CoVid 19 has been on our soil longer than the first reported case then? And if the patient got it in there from a healthcare worker or another patient surely there will be more cases within days? I was wondering why there was more media coverage and staff sent home in CUH than there was in UHL. Only a matter of time before staff and patients from UHL test positive though too.

I did half think today’s figures might mean we won’t get this virus too bad in this country but now I am not so sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

worldometers now covered in ads and pop ups. says it all for me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Theyre at least a few months old before slaughter, I know because I grew up on a sheep farm.
    You cant compare the meat standards we have in this country to dirty wet/live markets in China, they were banned after sars but they went black market/officials turned a blind eye.

Get the **** off your high horse racist pew. We kill animals and we enjoy eating them.

So what. Just because its in a galaxy far away doesn't mean it won't arrive at your door.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement