Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

EU health ministers are looking for ways to produce more drugs and protective gear in Europe to cope with shortages caused by the coronavirus outbreak.

This event could turn the shift away from hyper globalism...maybe they will realise it's not exactly great to have a huge amount of generic drugs coming from just one country.

Ireland has a lot of pharmaceutical companies. Can they help?
    As for protective gear - I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Hurrache wrote: »
    Some rant there. Why does hysterics have people believe Ireland is somehow unique in how it's following WHO guidelines?

Yeah quite agre your post was a bit of a rant but no matter ...

So you're saying that even more people coming back from infected regions with the Corona virus - shouldn't be brought back and quarantined and other passengers trying the same shouldn't be stopped and handled appropriately? Grand so. That makes perfect sense so it does... :rolleyes:

gozunda wrote: »
    Is the footage verified as Wuhan China?

The thing in the video - looks like deep fried rat on a stick tbh. And the thing beside it looks like a rather flat rat tbh - roadkill style maybe. Who knows.

I'm fairly sure I saw something with wings in that video. I'm not watching it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

fritzelly wrote: »
    Was questioning that myself, not great quality video but didn't look Chinese and having comments turned off (not the case on their other videos) is suspicious

Doesnt matter where it is, but it is somewhere.

I watched that pandemic series on netflix by chance a few weeks ago. Theres teams around the world whose jobs are to monitor livestock and wildlife for the next virus/pathogen(like whats after happening). A market like that would be impossible to inspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

owlbethere wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure I saw something with wings in that video. I'm not watching it again.

Bodyform?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

MD1990 wrote: »
    brillant interview about the virus

thanks well worth the watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

ricero wrote: »
    Paddys day going ahead is farcical. Greed will destroy this country.

I just hope Trump tells Leo not to bother coming over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

We have passports.
    They record where you've been and where you are going.
    Try commit a crime and cross a border and see what happens.
    I know we live in a fluffy world but its quite an illusion.

When travelling within Europe what border do you show your passport at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Ok I give up.

Facts git in the way of horse**** all the time.
    Best of luck who realise what we are facing.
    Cop on those who don'yt
    I imagine it won't be an issue until an elderly relative is critical and there is no beds left.

night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

owlbethere wrote: »
    Ireland has a lot of pharmaceutical companies. Can they help?
    As for protective gear - I don't know.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/limerick-firm-set-to-double-output-of-face-masks-amid-covid-19-fears-985868.html

fritzelly wrote: »
    Was questioning that myself, not great quality video but didn't look Chinese and having comments turned off (not the case on their other videos) is suspicious

I haven't looked at it but I guess I know which one it is based on comments, some if it anyhow, and it was discredited some days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Ok I give up.

Cop on those who don'yt
    I imagine it won't be an issue until an elderly relative is critical and there is no beds left.

night

Turn on the blanket, I'll be up in a minute

Yeah quite agre your post was a bit of a rant but no matter ...

So you're saying that even more people coming back from infected regions with the Corona virus - shouldn't be brought back and quarantined and other passengers trying the same shouldn't be stopped and handled appropriately? Grand so. That makes perfect sense so it does... :rolleyes:

Not much of what's happening is making much sense to you in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Saying we'd starve if we blocked travel is nonsense. The virus comes to countries in the form of people travelling for work or leisure. Then it gets established sooner or later. No need to block goods.

All areas are infected. It's in every corner of this small country now. People travel. Your food is picked and produced by people, transported by people. You can't expect to stop tourists and not stop everyone else, hoping that helps.

Well see how things look in two weeks, but either it will have gotten a lot better or a lot worse.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Bodyform?

That is so funny. I did not see fanny pads. I saw dead creatures with wings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Ok I give up.

Cop on those who don'yt

night

Glad you've finally nodded off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    All areas are infected. It's in every corner of this small country now. People travel. Your food is picked and produced by people, transported by people. You can't expect to stop tourists and not stop everyone else, hoping that helps.

Well see how things look in two weeks, but either it will have gotten a lot better or a lot worse.

It won't get better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Hurrache wrote: »
    I haven't looked at it but I guess I know which one it is based on comments, some if it anyhow, and it was discredited some days ago.

Different video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Padre_Pio wrote: »

Or it will be exactly the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

So which counties have an infection now or do we still only have general areas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Some criticism at the CDC's handling of the Washington cases.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Turn on the blanket, I'll be up in a minute

Lol go **** yourself. Hope the pulmonary fibrosis cures itself, go lick a pole.

Bash away with horse ****e, but remember there are people who this is a matter of life and death for.

It won't get better.

There will be great days yet professor.
    Never in my life did I realise the Irish were so pessimistic as is evident on this thread, no one knows what will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

Yeah dont forget the mould dirt and bugs on all those vegetables and cereals or that birds crap all over them as well - eeeuughh .

Btw they dont eat bat in China. Probably one of the few things animal vegetable and mineral they don't eat. But if a lamb is a 'baby sheep' what do you call a baby bat? You know just for a bit of saccharine emotive appeal like ...

How many pandemics have started here, out of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

ITman88 wrote: »
    Or it will be exactly the same

Not a hope. It's this week exactly the same as two weeks ago for any area affected?

Seems growth is linear right now, but it's too early really to tell.

Lol go **** yourself. Hope the pulmonary fibrosis cures itself, go lick a pole.

Bash away with horse ****e, but remember there are people who this is a matter of life and death for.
    It’s the same for everyone, everyone on this thread is dying unfortunately, no one survives life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is any country working on a vaccine cure, like maybe China?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement