Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

gozunda wrote: »

That's some good news. Hope all the staff remain good and healthy.

There's going to be more than masks needed for PPE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Lol go **** yourself. Hope the pulmonary fibrosis cures itself, go lick a pole.

Bash away with horse ****e, but remember there are people who this is a matter of life and death for.

go back to bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

ITman88 wrote: »
    It’s the same for everyone, everyone on this thread is dying unfortunately, no one survives life

Life is a holiday from non existence!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is any country working on a vaccine cure, like maybe China?

There are a umber of companies working on a vaccine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

There will be great days yet professor.
    Never in my life did I realise the Irish were so pessimistic as is evident on this thread, no one knows what will happen

Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach. I think we need to be realistic and accept it's going to get worse. How much worse remains to be seen. Collective calm and reason would go a long way though.

• Advertisement

I like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

Never in my life did I realise the Irish were so pessimistic as is evident on this thread, no one knows what will happen

Indeed, no one knows what will happen but Irish people are obviously concerned and their concerns are not unfounded,

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

I hope Ireland is, global leader’s in research in various bio pharma facilities and incredibly educated and talented people work in those facilities

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

There are a umber of companies working on a vaccine

wasnt isreal about to have a cure/vacc?

I’m using this in future, may forget to quote you tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

LaFuton wrote: »
    wasnt isreal about to have a cure/vacc?

Hadn't heard. Very soon to be expecting one now. Still need to do trials. It will be fast tracked but can't see it being that quick.

Hadn't heard. Very soon to be expecting one now. Still need to do trials. It will be fast tracked but can't see it being that quick.

Might not be cheap either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Stop misinforming people. Yes there are more cured at this stage then there are in intensive care. However there are approx 2K in hospital now. In Lombardia there are 244 people in intensive care right now. There are 364 recovering at home.

That's 2K in hospital 364 at home. Wonder how many are mild.

We can all use percentages / comparisons to make something sound different.
    Here's a good one.

Of the 1777 people who have the disease currently in Lombary 79% are in hospital

Don't take my word for it. Get out the all calculator.

504771.png

http://www.protezionecivile.gov.it/documents/20182/1221364/Dati+Riepilogo+Nazionale+5marzo2020/a529828b-0bf0-4d5b-ad66-4669d3635a24
    Glad you've finally nodded off

Good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

It’s the same for everyone, everyone on this thread is dying unfortunately, no one survives life
    It's interesting that your profile was set up exactly when the virus probably started it's spread. Are you the virus ITman88???
    Second quarter 2021 at the earliest for mass dissemination. If you're getting it before that you're in a critical condition, a clinical trial guinea pig.

go back to bed

I know you are scared. Just don't shoot the messenger.

Keep eaten tayto.
    Now you go back to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

IRL I haven't encountered a great deal of pessimism. This thread, like any social media, cannot be used as accurate indicator of the views of the public in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

Whhhhhhhy??? I cannot say it out of rhythm now that’s gonna drive me cuckoo every time I see it!!

Hello! Imagine how I’m feeling right now.:D

It's interesting that your profile was set up exactly when the virus probably started it's spread. Are you the virus ITman88???

Removes fried bat drumstick from mouth;
    Eh no, just a coincidence . . .
    I used to live really far away in a place with beautiful food markets, had to move tho!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,235 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

citysights wrote: »
    Indeed, no one knows what will happen but Irish people are obviously concerned and their concerns are not unfounded,

Ireland so far looks the same as everywhere else. The government and the HSE are doing as good or bad a job as those in other countries, yet we have nonsense being posted on her about banning travel and inept HSE. Some people just like a moan.

Just look at tonight’s figures. Posters started crying and moaning that there was a cover-up, not enough were being tested and the HSE and government were inept and we are all going to die. Yet if the numbers had tripled, the exact same posters would have been saying that they told us the HSE were inept, we should have blocked the flights, and we are all going to die.

Nothing would please them, they will always find a way to shout and cry and whinge and moan and panic.

Good night.

Get back in to that bed or I'll redden your arse for ya!!!

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Ireland so far looks the same as everywhere else. The government and the HSE are doing as good or bad a job as those in other countries, yet we have nonsense being posted on her about banning travel and inept HSE. Some people just like a moan.

Just look at tonight’s figures. Posters started crying and moaning that there was a cover-up, not enough were being tested and the HSE and government were inept and we are all going to die. Yet if the numbers had tripled, the exact same posters would have been saying that they told us the HSE were inept, we should have blocked the flights, and we are all going to die.
    Nothing would please them, they will always find a way to shout and cry and whinge and moan and panic.

A la Bertiestan Moaners are suicidal. They are the ones which will bring down the banks.

Sounds like Bertie.
    Moaners are suicidal. They are the ones which will bring down the banks.

Seriously now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Yes.
    A University of Queensland team has met a key milestone in their fast-tracked research to develop a vaccine for the coronavirus, COVID-19.

In just three weeks, the team of researchers has created their first vaccine candidate in the laboratory and will move immediately into further development before formal pre-clinical testing.

The proof-of-concept milestone comes after the project’s announcement on 24 January as part of the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) rapid response program.

UQ Vice-Chancellor and President Professor Peter Høj AC said the team has shown considerable progress in line with the highly accelerated time frame of the rapid response program, and the long hours in the lab have paid off with this achievemen
    https://globalbiodefense.com/2020/02/23/university-of-queensland-covid-19-vaccine-goes-into-test-production/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

And no-one pretends to. Or I don't anyway.

The problem is that our closest neighbours are up to their eyeballs in coronavirus. And so while no-one knows what's going to happen, one can make a fairly firm assumption that the same thing is happening here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

In fact, there are a lot of newly-set up profiles in here which are suddenly very critical of the general public reaction to the public health emergency going on, while being quite coy about their own agenda.

I will add that unity in the face of this virus is recommended by the authorities, who aren't taking proportionate measures to contain it. Anyone with a grain of sense will be readying themselves as best they can for an all-out collapse of society, with loved ones dying suddenly and with regularity. They're no longer doing funerals in Italy. We're about three weeks behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Anyone seen Randall Flagg around yet?

In fact, there are a lot of newly-set up profiles in here which are suddenly very critical of the general public reaction to the public health emergency going on, while being quite coy about their own agenda.

Don’t know what your talking about. Goodnight

Seriously now..
    same argument.
    Stop moaning. Epidemiology / basic arithmetic need not apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,259 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Today was the first day where they recorded no new cases in China according to BNO news. It looks like they may have reached a turning point with most people back to work next week, outside of hubei anyway. Maybe still to early to say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement