Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

BloodBath wrote: »
    It will be like the monty python spam sketch every dinner time except pasta instead of spam.

Pasta, pasta, beans, and pasta
    Pasta, tomatoes, pasta and beans
    Beans, pasta, beans and tomatoes
    Or pasta, pasta, pasta and pasta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Pasta is much more appropriate for the current vengan generation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

seamus wrote: »
    You have to wonder how these ideas get started.

For Storm Emma it was sliced pans. For this, it's pasta and tins of tomatoes.

Gonna be a lot of people feeling very silly come December when they have 20 bags of pasta and tinned tomatoes still taking up space in their kitchen presses.

Common Italian ingredients too. The daredevils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Has there been no UK update on new cases? They usually do at around 2pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Unearthly wrote: »

I believe it's late today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭macwal

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    It's a nasty bug. Found in the brain too :-( butcher linked to it yesterday.

Did he use a saw, or just crush the skull with a cleaver...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Unearthly wrote: »

I think I read somewhere yesterday that they were moving to reporting weekly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Drumpot wrote: »
    https://www.pscp.tv/w/1RDxlQpONLMKL

Hopefully they upload this as a video after it’s finished, excellent conference....

If you think these are good - the WHO daily briefings have been really good I've found. I can't find a schedule via the WHO main stie but I've been using the Guardian News Youtube channel which uploads them daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

harr wrote: »
    You really have to assume that someone who went on holiday to northern Italy and then came home and taught it was ok to head off to work for a shift in A&E is a bit thick
    .... this isn’t an ordinary member of the public it’s a health care professional who would have been dealing with very vulnerable people.
    The mind boggles

Followed HSE advise and went about life until they developed symptoms. HSE advise needs to be to self isolate for 2 weeks on return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Dow Jones 900 point drop, 3%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

gabeeg wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere yesterday that they were moving to reporting weekly

No that was only about reporting where the cases are in the country. And they've since gone back on that, so will be continuing to make daily updates on cases and locations for those cases.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Someone stockpiling pesto could be king...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

tuxy wrote: »
    I believe it's late today.

Uh oh..... **plays dramatic foreboding music**

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Gonna be a lot of people feeling very silly come December when they have 20 bags of pasta and tinned tomatoes still taking up space in their kitchen presses.

There's an actual real risk to the supply chain this time since production for certain cleaning and sanitary items have been shut down for weeks in China, then you have the likes of India restricting export of medicine to keep more for their own population. Lower supply and higher demand means empty shelves.

For food, people want to stock up in case they have to self isolate. Nobody wants to worry about things like that if they're feeling unwell and not everybody lives within a delivery range of a Tesco.

It's weird to me that people would ignore that and roll the dice because they don't want to look "silly" for having an extra pack of toilet paper or something but you do you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

tillyfilly wrote: »

Up and down line a seesaw. The big beasts are making serious money. As for the rest....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Ninthlife wrote: »

I don't want to be dramatic or anything but I'd say with the delay they'll be announcing at least 65,000 cases today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 William Legrande

After 'Rome falls' and the 0.1% are left to try and rebuild a future, the supermarkets will all be looted and burnt out, but all the houses in the land will be stuffed fully of penne pasta, tuna in spring water and chopped tomatoes with herbs. And jacks roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

In a Claire Byrne poll, a panel of over 1,000 adults were asked whether they were “concerned about Covid-19 in Ireland”.

The results showed that most people were:

62% of people said Yes, they were concerned
    30% of people said No they weren’t concerned
    8% said they didn’t know.

The results showed that the group who were most concerned were women (67%) and those aged 55 and over (66%), as well as those aged between 35-44 (63%).

People aged 18-24, and men were the groups who were least worried (57% of each of these groups).

59% of the ABC1 groups were concerned, versus 64% of the C2DEF group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭macwal

Ninthlife wrote: »

They'll wheel out Corporal Jones and Private Frazer to deliver this release...

doomed-panic.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Irish sign language(Laimhe?) is very useful, we tried abit of it with our daughter as she was a slow talker, it was a great help.

ISL and Lámh are different with obviously some similarities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

tillyfilly wrote: »

Still up 1380 points since last Fridays close.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Mother-in-law is due to visit us from Lombardy next week. Her return flight has been cancelled now so doubtful she is coming over now. She's not far from lockdown town, so frankly I'm a bit relieved she's likely not to be coming over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

In a Claire Byrne poll, a panel of over 1,000 adults were asked whether they were “concerned about Covid-19 in Ireland”.

The results showed that most people were:

62% of people said Yes, they were concerned
    30% of people said No they weren’t concerned
    8% said they didn’t know.

The results showed that the group who were most concerned were women (67%) and those aged 55 and over (66%), as well as those aged between 35-44 (63%).

People aged 18-24, and men were the groups who were least worried (57% of each of these groups).

59% of the ABC1 groups were concerned, versus 64% of the C2DEF group.

How can you not know whether you're concerned or not?

If you are concerned, then you cannot be "not concerned".

If you are not "concerned", then you cannot be concerned.

Bloody people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Speak Now wrote: »
    ISL and Lámh are different with obviously some similarities.

Laimhe it was then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mother-in-law is due to visit us from Lombardy next week. Her return flight has been cancelled now so doubtful she is coming over now. She's not far from lockdown town, so frankly I'm a bit relieved she's likely not to be coming over.

Doing a fist bump with the mother-in-law is awkward alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Same here since I found out my mother in law won’t be visiting. She’s from Dublin.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Someone stockpiling pesto could be king...

I wasnt going to plant much veg this year but maybe I will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I-cant-wait-2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

My husband would be doing knee slides down the hallway with that get out clause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭QueenMTBee

It’s for self isolation. It’s common knowledge Tinned goods and pasta have long shelf lives. If you have to self isolate you can’t go to the shop to get more food. I haven’t done it but I don’t see why anyone would feel silly having extra food

For as long as I can remember, my parents have always have enough food stuffs in the house to survive for six months. I think it comes from when they were kids in the war and there was absolutely nothing to eat. At least now I don't have to worry about them going hungry if they need to isolate for a month or two for self-preservation reasons.

Edited to say that, although we live in Ireland now, my parents are English and were in England during the war. (for the lovely person who PM'd me saying that was bullsh*t because Ireland wasn't affected by the war)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement