Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

fritzelly wrote: »
    What about if you have diarrhoea

It would be pretty sh*tty

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Littleredcar

Unbelievable incompetence

Are you suggesting stopping all flights from around the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Dammed if you do dammed if you don't. Patient presents with respiratory illness. Not isolated and put in general ward youre an idiot.

Isolate and youre an idiot.

Also an at risk group with the asthma comorbidity.

Why was he not told to stay at home and someone come to assess him there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

If France and Germany take their cue from Italy and lockdown cities early it might slow it down.

Yes.
    Creil in the Oise is still not lockdown and it is 30 minutes commuter train from Gare du Nord in Paris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

What's our highest total so far, 7?

So we are down two days in a row. Bucks the trend of pretty much all other countries on recorded cases.

I suspect FringeGirl is on the money, Ireland's numbers are as suspect as China's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Hurrache wrote: »
    That's a fact.
    Its a sin:rolleyes:

cnocbui wrote: »
    I suspect FringeGirl is on the money, Ireland's numbers are as suspect as China's.

You think chinas numbers are wong

touts wrote: »
    If it was cattle who were at risk of dying we would get a Wuhan style lockdown.

But it's only old people and sick people so the government don't give a sh1t.

dogs have tested positive for Coronavirus in Hong Kong in the last few days. Thats a whole different ball game.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/05/hong-kong-warns-residents-not-to-kiss-pets-after-dog-contracts-coronavirus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Why was he not told to stay at home and someone come to assess him there

His GP referred him for investigations associated with a diagnosed condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

There are in the region of 500+ more cases, undiagnosed as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

touts wrote: »
    Don't be blondly loyal to FG all your life. They cancelled St. Patrick's day and all major sporting events and we had only one case of Foot and Mouth in Ireland. We could isolate one patient without the need to shoot them.

Correction :- They cancelled all many weeks BEFORE we had our first case.

But cattle health is more important than human health... we all know that.

:-(

James 007 wrote: »
    Its a sin:rolleyes:

Everything I've ever done
    Everything I ever do
    Every place I've ever been
    Everywhere I'm going to

Its a sin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Are you suggesting stopping all flights from around the world
    I genuinely think some people believe everything should just shut down, and allow society and the economy to be devastated. They have no concept of trade-offs or the impact of the simplistic decisions they want taken.

If we shut everything down for a few months and emerge, we'll simply see a huge new wave of infections. We're not trying to prevent the wave of infections (that's impossible), we're trying to slow it down so the health system isn't over-run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

gabeeg wrote: »
    Yeah maybe the Irish version of the virus isn't contagious
    Yep, it takes the cant ages...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

There are over a million cases undiagnosed in Dublin alone. See how easy this is to make facts up, and how useless it is to a discussion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Bob24 wrote: »
    It your are correct about what it is, it really can’t be called a lockdown.
    The current "red zone" in Italy (Codogno and other towns) with a population of approx 50000, has been in actual lockdown for the past two weeks.
    There are 35 police and army manned checkpoints that stop anyone getting in or out (with permits for deliveries to chemists and supermarkets).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Ninthlife wrote: »
    You think chinas numbers are wong

If/when this blows over every country should summon their Chinese ambassador, they should be handed an envelope, inside that envelope a letter with "STOP EATING ****!" written on it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I dont think Irelands numbers are suspect the infection has not grown the same way in every country, clearly. Obviously many cultural factors will have a big impact on how quickly it spreads, for one thing it being an island I would say will definitely mean a softened impact from the virus compared to continental countries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Social distancing is obviously euphemistic.

Most of the 'lockdowns' begin with somewhat lax restrictions. In the early days in Wuhan people were free to leave their houses, but asked to stay inside iirc. Then it was, you can leave your house for an hour. To one person can leave to go to the shop. To some places ending up where everything is delivered to you.

It's naive to think that countries with out of control crises won't try the thing that appears to control spread.

I think the Chinese fairly quickly cancelled all buses, trains and flights out of Wuhan (and other cities in Hubei province) as well as setting up checkpoints on every road leaving the city and turning back anyone driving out.

This is what I would call “lockdown” (ie you genuinely can’t leave the area), but I don’t think we will see it in Italy soon. And actually it might already be too late at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

There are about 1000 Italians roaming around Dublin tonight who would have been over to see the game but they might not fly home to be under house arrest and may defect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭1641

hmmm wrote: »
    There are over a million cases undiagnosed in Dublin alone. See how easy this is to make facts up, and how useless it is to a discussion?

You are not counting the dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭spookwoman

wakka12 wrote: »
    I dont think Irelands numbers are suspect the infection has not grown the same way in every country, clearly. Obviously many cultural factors will have a big impact on how quickly it spreads, for one thing it being an island I would say will definitely mean a softened impact from the virus compared to continental countries

I don't know saw someone say they know a lad who's waiting 3 days for his results.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

This thread is both terrifying and reassuring in equal measure. Unlike Twitter which is just scary and to be honest bloody tiresome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

293 days until Christmas

Shopping already sorted at least. My loved ones will be mostly getting pasta and loo roll this year.

1641 wrote: »
    You are not counting the dogs.

Give a ruff estimate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

There are about 1000 Italians roaming around Dublin tonight who would have been over to see the game but they might not fly home to be under house arrest and may defect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

otnomart wrote: »
    The current "red zone" in Italy (Codogno and other towns) with a population of approx 50000, has been in actual lockdown for the past two weeks.
    There are 35 police and army manned checkpoints that stop anyone getting in or out (with permits for deliveries to chemists and supermarkets).

Yes i remember that. But actually at this stage you could question whether it makes sense as the locked down areas must be surrender by other areas with similar infection rates. Question is would they enforce the same thing for a few million people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Im still waiting on my diagnosis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭1641

tillyfilly wrote: »

They are being put in Oughterard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

fr336 wrote: »
    This thread is both terrifying and reassuring in equal measure. Unlike Twitter which is just scary and to be honest bloody tiresome.

Its in equilibrium

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement