Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Hearing there will be a conference at 8pm to announce it

They need to be doing 2 press conferences per day.

8pm is far too late in the day for announcements.

Should be at 9am/10am and then an evening on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Downlinz wrote: »
    Seems sensible in the circumstance, can they practice immediately?

I'm not 100% sure but I believe so - Usually a year of training first as they are rotated through hospital departments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I heard about wards being closed down at NUIG as well as a nursing home, hopefully that comes to nothing. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I work in UCC, would be in same building as student nurses and doctors....next few weeks are gonna be fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I heard there are a few cases in the regional Limerick this evening.

That was the family yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Ninthlife wrote: »
    The time to act and prevent stuff like this has well past

Instead we have Dr Holohan telling us we have 1 case and dont expect any more

But hey we are gonna have a parade regardless

Did the CMO say that we shouldn't expect more cases?
    I don't remember seeing that anywhere. Do you have a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

It’s not outside anyone’s control to hold back information for At least 12 hours when contact is key for curtailing infection.

It’s actually very much within their control, but unfortunately the powers that be want to be grabbing the headlines.

The positive test in cork happened overnight last night, I just heard about it at 8am this morning. It’s completely unacceptable that this information is kept secret until 8pm this evening. It puts high risk people in additional danger.

Have you heard about about my toilet role theory? Think the evidence is mounting at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

jarvis wrote: »

Today was one of the biggest increases in daily new cases
    it's going to pick up speed from now on, as this is no longer a Chinese localized epidemic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

micar wrote: »
    They need to be doing 2 press conferences per day.

8pm is far too late in the day for announcements.

Should be at 9am/10am and then an evening on.

Agreed or even an update early afternoon so we can tally our figures with next door, so far today UK 115, ROI still only 6 cases.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It’s not outside anyone’s control to hold back information for At least 12 hours when contact is key for curtailing infection.

It’s actually very much within their control, but unfortunately the powers that be want to be grabbing the headlines.

The positive test in cork happened overnight last night, I just heard about it at 8am this morning. It’s completely unacceptable that this information is kept secret until 8pm this evening. It puts high risk people in additional danger.

I know, it is a very worrying time for many. They want to make sure they hide the location and say the South of the country first seems to me.

I agree it is ridiculous not saying the county even. But there we are.

My point re front line Health workers still stands. The boffins at the pressers do not have to go in every day and face possible (probable) infection themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

If it's true about Cork and the virus circulating in the community, Ireland will have to take each day as it comes and see how the situation unfolds over the next day or two or three and strongly consider locking down the country for a few weeks. I'm deadly serious here. I know it will be financial suicide but we are not able for an Italian situation to unfold here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Some cases in UK are being treated at home.

In what sense are they being treated though, as there are no drugs to treat this. Can they have oxygen supplied at home?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Tippex wrote: »
    According to the article the person in question hasn't been abroad so will it be the first community transmission? "Sources have suggested that the case concerns a man in his 40s who hasn't been abroad."

How would community transmission work if the other cases were in Dublin and Clare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

The 4 from yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

A lot of Italians are dirty bsatards.

Lovely :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Whats the toilet roll theory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

igCorcaigh wrote: »

In what sense are they being treated though, as there are no drugs to treat this. Can they have oxygen supplied at home?

Most cases don't need concentrated oxygen, that would fall under the "serious" header.

Otc flu medication to control the symptoms should suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Downlinz wrote: »
    Seems sensible in the circumstance, can they practice immediately?

It's probably more to do with the school bring afraid they'll have to put off the exam, if in the coming weeks things like hospital visitations and non-critical/elective procedures are postponed.

The tweet said that one exam had been brought forward, not necessarily bringing forward graduation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Minor symptoms = minor treatments? And perhaps daily consultations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Not sure where I'd rather be, in Ireland with much lower population density and potentially a lot easier to contain things, or UK with everyone crammed in on this island but with perhaps a slightly better prepared health service (I have no idea if my last point is correct, just going on what people have said here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Boards.ie presents covid19: enjoy keeping up to date with current events as you try to survive a virus outbreak to become the last active poster in the thread as society's infrastructure crumbles around you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I think this is a major contributing factor.

Also I rented out one of my flats to a couple of Italians back in 2009. They were absolutely filthy fckers. Left the place in absolute rag. A lot of Italians are dirty bsatards.

Weren't you the poster who was saying you only rent your properties to Italians as they are such wonderful tenants in another thread a week or so back?

Either way, the above comment is bang out of order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭Christy42

owlbethere wrote: »
    If it's true about Cork and the virus circulating in the community, Ireland will have to take each day as it comes and see how the situation unfolds over the next day or two or three and strongly considering locking down the country for a few weeks. I'm deadly serious here. I know it will be financial suicide but we are not able for an Italian situation to unfold here.
    And if it lasts for a few months?

Heck even a few weeks could see food and medicine supply lines disrupted. I am also not sure locking down the country will do much. All confirmed cases were people from Ireland who were abroad. People are going to get home somehow. We can't lock out our own citizens around the world and expect others to look after them when they have no homes to go to abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Abba987 wrote: »

If the **** hits the fan, you can use it to eat, heat your home and wipe your bum bum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Yurt! wrote: »
    Weren't you the poster who was saying you only rent your properties to Italians as they are such wonderful tenants in another thread a week or so back?

No definitely not. Would never rent to them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Good question :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

bennyl10 wrote: »
    That was the family yesterday

Yeah, a health professional and his family come back from an affected region of Italy and ..... goes straight back to work. This is mind boggling stuff. If we want to see evidence of how well prepared we are (NOT), we need look no further. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

I’m not sure I wanna know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Yurt! wrote: »

I agree it is a horrible comment but the more people quoting it the more it hangs around like a bad smell...just wait for it to get deleted and leave it to those able to delete it...easier for them to clean if everyone stops quoting the crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

No definitely not. Would never rent to them again.

Good to see you don't harbour any predjudice against nationalities because of your narrow experience of a couple of individuals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement