Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Weepsie wrote: »
    There were 7 deaths on our roads this weekend too..no mass call to ban driving!

Apples and oranges I know. But what people think they can control and what they think they can't obviously cause different reflex reactions.

If there was a 2% chance you'd die when you get into a car, you can bet your arse there'd be a mass call to ban driving or at least to come up with a solution to limit the amount of deaths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

No word on news about CUH.
    Still SFA on RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

How would community transmission work if the other cases were in Dublin and Clare?

It doesn’t say that the patient hadn’t been in other areas of the country but just that he hadn’t been abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭megabomberman

Yup, it looks like the totalitarian government of China cares more about its population than the Western jenga tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Still SFA on RTE.

Yeah because it's not confirmed. They wont report it until it is. Would be poor journalism if they did as national broadcaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Our child has four different hospital appointments next week .. for each one we will be sitting in packed waiting room for hours full of children who would have poor immune systems. Rang today to see if anything has changed or if they were going to reschedule.
    The answer I got was “ sure why would we be rescheduling appointments “ she nearly laughed at me for asking. Is anyone in different HSE departments talking to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Losing control of one's sphincter is not one of the issues normally connected to contracting Covid-19, so why the massive run on toilet tissue ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Looks like we will hit 100k confirmed cases globally tomorrow.

The jumps in Italy and Germany today are pretty shocking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Boards.ie presents covid19: enjoy keeping up to date with current events as you try to survive a virus outbreak to become the last active poster in the thread as society's infrastructure crumbles around you.

That's not funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Losing control of one's sphincter is not one of the issues normally connected to contracting Covid-19, so why the massive run on toilet tissue ???

There are reports that in many cases diarrhea is associated with some cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

I think this is a major contributing factor.

Also I rented out one of my flats to a couple of Italians back in 2009. They were absolutely filthy fckers. Left the place in absolute rag. A lot of Italians are dirty bsatards.

Something to be moderated here instead??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

The World O Meter is actually calming me down as it seems to show that even for high risk patients this can be something that is overcome. Early days of course and the picture can either keep going in a semi positive direction or get far worse depending on cases, specific countries, demand etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Up the rebels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Only a matter of time before Italy's health service breaks - I reckon they'll have 50K cases by the end of the month - and what is happening in ITaly is a blueprint for the rest of europe.

This is a civilisation ender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Germany +252 cases for the day so far

harr wrote: »
    Nearly as stupid as the doctor arriving home from Italy and heading into work.. HSE have only today asked health workers to stay at home if they have traveled.
    Common sense should be in the HSE handbook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Abba987 wrote: »
    Whats the toilet roll theory

Something sinister which I think is going on. Controlling the flow of information in order to change behaviour. Pyschops :eek:
    Everyone knows they release the info at 9pm so people can't run out and buy all the toilet roll. They can wake up the next day and deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

This is a civilisation ender.

How long do we have left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,924 ✭✭✭✭banie01

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Still SFA on RTE.

There won't be until the HSE conference at the earliest.

The Gov/HSE have a very dated view of how information dissemination works in the modern world.

They are very much focused on controlling the narrative and release of information.
    The simple fact is that within minutes of a school sharing detail on contact tracing it is shared on social media.

The flow of information from the HSE is very reminiscent of the good old days of Potemkin villages.

The numbers and locations are not only being shared as and when on Social Media but are driving a sense of distrust in the current government handling strategy.

At present the Government are only digging themselves a hole.
    We need to be able to trust the information shared, rather than constantly question what lies behind it.

Incredibly poor media strategy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

You would think anyone coming back home from Italy would self isolate

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

There will be a spike in the already excessive sick days in the public service.
    Especially in the HSE!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/public-sector-sick-days-cost-state-over-380m-in-2018-937483.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Will there be a news update this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

when did they family return from italy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

People need to work to pay the bills. Their employer probably would not facilitate the self isolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Not according to the HSE, which is ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I honestly wouldn't from what I'm seeing in real life. Real Life seems to be at least two threads behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

There will be a spike in the already excessive sick days in the public service.
    Especially in the HSE!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/public-sector-sick-days-cost-state-over-380m-in-2018-937483.html

FFS, way to use the virus to bash the public sector.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

banie01 wrote: »
    There won't be until the HSE conference at the earliest.

The Gov/HSE have a very dated view of how information dissemination works in the modern world.

They are very much focused on controlling the narrative and release of information.
    The simple fact is that within minutes of a school sharing detail on contact tracing it is shared on social media.

The flow of information from the HSE is very reminiscent of the good old days of Potemkin villages.

The numbers and locations are not only being shared as and when on Social Media but are driving a sense of distrust in the current government handling strategy.

At present the Government are only digging themselves a hole.
    We need to be able to trust the information shared, rather than constantly question what lies behind it.

Incredibly poor media strategy.

Well said , give the people the proper information instead of people getting the wrong info from social media.. every time a story is shared on social media people add more and more till it doesn’t even resemble any truth.

saabsaab wrote: »
    It may well be that the case in Clare was picked up and tested quickly due to being taken seriously as a medic and he knowing what to do.

A medic who went to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

tuxy wrote: »
    How long do we have left?

I would say by the end of the year mos will see massive differences in daily life - no structure, no supplies, no police, public services, by another year a kind of mad max scenario with decimated populations.

Im serious - if you think differently let me ask you, when do you think the cases growth will at least flatten out ?

This rate is absolutely nuts ... beyond exponential...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement