Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Goes to show some people aren't coming forward if they have symptoms then. Which I'm not surprised about. Most will assume it's just the flu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭circadian

**** me community spread already, it's only the 7th confirmed case. Most other places went a lot longer before this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭blade1

saabsaab wrote: »
    Probably following the protocol at the time!

He must have forgot to wash his hands :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

So do Irish returning from north Italy/ China have to isolate on their return or are they clear to return to work?

I know what the smart option is but what has the gov said?
    SFA as per usual. Their new subcommittee is only meeting up on Monday, so what does that tell you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Downlinz

End of the containment phase if we have community spread already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »

This explains the HSEs afternoon conference. It seemed to be everything I have wanted for weeks so I knew it was too good to be true. .

I’d say things are going to start changing very fast here now......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »

"The Cork detection came after doctors were investigating why the patient, who was being treated for a long-term health issue, was still unwell despite specific medications being administered."

A lot more people are going around with this virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

micar wrote: »
    They need to be doing 2 press conferences per day.

8pm is far too late in the day for announcements.

Should be at 9am/10am and then an evening on.

Good crisis management imo. Can't fault the time. People have the night to let it sink in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Shut off Cork from the rest of the country immediately. We should've done it centuries ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

harr wrote: »
    Confirmed for cork ... hasn’t traveled outside the country and not connected with anyone who currently has it . Was attending the hospital for other issues when they tested him. A lot of people probably exposed to this in cork.

I had a doctor visit today in CUH, she did quiz me a bit when I said I had a chest cold for the last few weeks. I thought that was good of her.

I think she knew by my responses that I didn't require testing, but good to know they're on the lookout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Holymotheragod Tis gone rogue

Larbre34 wrote: »
    No. There is no evidence of open circulation of the virus in Ireland. All nine cases on the island originated directly from Italy.

Follow handwashing and personal protocols, you'll be fine.
    Wrong the 10th case in Cork had not been abroad or in contact with the other 9 cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,924 ✭✭✭✭banie01

gabeeg wrote: »
    Shut off Cork from the rest of the country immediately. We should've done it centuries ago.

Greens will finally get the N20 killed off ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Absolutely/100%

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭solidasarock

This is Athlone's chance to he the capital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,658 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

"The Cork detection came after doctors were investigating why the patient, who was being treated for a long-term health issue, was still unwell despite specific medications being administered."

They must have not heard about the virus

Unrealistic to believe this hasn't been going around Ireland for weeks if not longer
    If you don't test you won't find it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

This is a good thing though? Many mild cases with no hospital treatment needed?

Just hoping that 20pc figure is an overestimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Community transmission is not altogether surprising IMO given the, what appears to be, huge numbers of Irish people swanning around northern Italy in February.

The Indo publishing the article is prolly evidence that even "sound" national media who can be trusted to toe the line on most issues (such as attack SF) are now fed up with the government's/HSE's/DOH's PR efforts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Hopefully the mothership turns up until I get the hell off this planet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Let's just assume it's bloody everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I wonder will the HSE start testing people who haven’t been travelling to China/Italy now.

Time to take their head out of the sand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I would imagine we will see a significant relaxing of the testing criteria now in order to determine just how prevalent it is in communities. Looks like current testing setup is potentially missing a lot of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

"He was being treated for a separate and unrelated health condition on a busy ward in CUH."

So he was an in patient in CUH being treated for something else, so obviously in there for at least a day or two I would say longer if they eventually realised why he wasn't improving this would mean he would of had at least 3 - 4 days of treatment for something else and when they didn't see improvement figured it out . Oh My god this could be catastrophic in that hospital

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

The country is crawling with it ... people being hero’s heading off to school / work with what they believe is a bad cold or mild flu .
    Still people saying it’s nothing more than a mild flu .. perfectly fine for most of the country but don’t let your pigheaded ideas put my sick child in danger.
    The level of stupidity in country at times is unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I would imagine we will see a significant relaxing of the testing criteria now in order to determine just how prevalent it is in communities. Looks like current testing setup is potentially missing a lot of cases.

We'll see much larger clusters similar to other European countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

harr wrote: »
    Confirmed for cork ... hasn’t traveled outside the country and not connected with anyone who currently has it . Was attending the hospital for other issues when they tested him. A lot of people probably exposed to this in cork.

Not just Cork. Have to assume this is fairly widespread at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Goes to show some people aren't coming forward if they have symptoms then. Which I'm not surprised about. Most will assume it's just the flu.

Especially with the ridiculous HSE guidelines for only people from affected areas with symptoms to get tested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    This is a good thing though? Many mild cases with no hospital treatment needed?

Just hoping that 20pc figure is an overestimate.
    unless they're wandering the streets sneezing into your elderly Mother's face....who has COPD

• Advertisement

fr336 wrote: »
    Let's just assume it's bloody everywhere
    As person with a compromised immune system I am assuming that it is everywhere. Time to stay in and watch some box sets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement