Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think the hse should send out self testing kits if possible, I imagine everyone will be running to their doctor to be checked out

Are the HSE still sprouting that us in Ireland are low risk...all while telling us to get ready for it to spread...That seems like an oxymoron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Great timing to have a heavy chesty cough and sore throat since yesterday. (I'm sure it's a cold)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Girl on our team jetted off home to Treviso today. Not essential travel from what I gather, just home to see family for the weekend.

I have work from home access. I'm very tempted to ask (dare I say demand) that I work from home until this blows over. My only concern is how long it'll last, and not being able to demand working from home for that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

pc7 wrote: »
    It’s mind boggling, threads back I was saying surely they should cancel surgery’s now, get wards cleared as much as possible, train all staff from porters to doctors in ppe, plans in place for beds, removals etc. We KNEW this was coming, I’m some randomer on Boards how could they not see this coming?
    Exactly. Scaremongering even from mods.
    In the last week 8 or 9 have died on the roads, I hope no one on this thread has even attempted to drive a car since

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

VinLieger wrote: »
    Just heard from people i know that returned from italy last week that they tested positive, we are deffinitely gonna see a spike in todays numbers around 8 when the HSE announce.

They did immediately self isolate once they got back so unlike others they took it seriously at least and nobody else should be infected via them.

where are they?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

gmisk wrote: »
    Do you trust Vanessa gibbons?

I'll be honest with ya I haven't a bull's notion who she is :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,101 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Another one in Cork. Apparently unrelated to travel from an affected area which means it's in the community.

Of course it is.

But since the HSE want to ignore facts it wont be "official".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

IQO wrote: »
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/05/health/coronavirus-deaths-rates.html
    A mathematician who studies the spread of disease explains some of the figures that keep popping up in coronavirus news.

A mathematician who studies the spread of diseases using a back of the envelope calculation?

Think I’ll pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

ITman88 wrote: »
    In the last week 8 or 9 have died on the roads, I hope no one on this thread has even attempted to drive a car since

Pointless whataboutery has been done many times on these threads, you are not original whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Car accidents don't tend to be highly contagious.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Girl on our team jetted off home to Treviso today. Not essential travel from what I gather, just home to see family for the weekend.

I have work from home access. I'm very tempted to ask (dare I say demand) that I work from home until this blows over. My only concern is how long it'll last, and not being able to demand working from home for that long.

I and my colleagues can all work from home and I have to say it's become a positive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

where are they?
    At home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,895 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Anyone got a slinky for Department of Health press conference?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

where are they?

If a whole plane came into Ireland from Italy, these people are all over the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Road deaths are contagious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Doctor Doom goes to work while infected , you couldn't make this up, sure unpostpone the rugby, fling open the door and let's make this virus endemic on the double

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/health/coronavirus-irish-doctor-hospital-17868644

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,658 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Where's the Mod post about stopping referring to car crashes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

where are they?

Not revealing that as they are close friends and i dont feel comfortable doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

If these CHU reports are true the HSE are about to get a very quick lesson in how much serious care a person needs when they are already compromised and then get pneumonia from this virus. If the person is old and ill they might need ICU treatment and constant care. If this has spread into the hospital it could get very messy. Sounds like it out of control already.

You really think they don't know how much care a person needs :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,642 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Doctor Doom goes to work while infected , you couldn't make this up, sure unpostpone the rugby, fling open the door and let's make this virus endemic on the double

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

We can’t prevent some deaths so let’s not attempt preventing any. That’s your logic here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭circadian

DVDM93 wrote: »
    the latest doing the rounds.

A friend's mum has been contacted by health officials as she is both olderly and was in to see him in the last week or so.

So it's a case of doctors making the worst patients. If it turns out he didn't self isolate and continued to practice with symptoms I'd imagine he'll be struck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

If a whole plane came into Ireland from Italy, these people are all over the country.

5 arrived, or are due to arrive today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

https://www.organico.ie/altrient-c-liposomal-vitamin-c.html

I avoided colds all winter using this. Sachet a day. It's expensive for a months supply. 1000mg vitamin c. The body absorba better due to the making of it. It doesn't cause tummy problems. There's a few Irish online shops stocking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Stheno wrote: »
    I and my colleagues can all work from home and I have to say it's become a positive

Oh I'm quite in favour of it, I just don't think my company would be in favour of it. I don't think I have a leg to stand on rights-wise as they're following the HSE guidelines (as flimsy as they are).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

Did anyone see the videos on twitter if the Chinese spraying the streets with big tankers at the start of the big spread in Wuhan. Was that a disinfectant I’m thinking it was. Should we be doing things like that here if the Chinese are getting it under control why not copy what they are doing. It sounds extreme but if schools are now closing here and there is spread in the community it’s serious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

what about all the people killed & eaten by sharks?

not a word said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,101 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Car accidents don't tend to be highly contagious.

Stupidity is however

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

tillyfilly wrote: »

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/health/coronavirus-irish-doctor-hospital-17868644

Theres a lovely photo of him skiing on his Twitter page. Glad he enjoyed himself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement