Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Clare case is a Doc. Did a shift in Limerick ED while unwell. 13 docs now in self isolation while they try and contact trace the patients he saw....it was a Locum shift....he is also a GP.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

VinLieger wrote: »
    Not revealing that as they are close friends and i dont feel comfortable doing it.

I hope if they are self isolating they have all the supplies they need to get them through and that they are not too I'll

Best wishes for them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

There are reports that in many cases diarrhea is associated with some cases.

That's the first I've heard of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

If a whole plane came into Ireland from Italy, these people are all over the country.

Thousands of people have flown into Ireland over the last few weeks from Italy. This thing will grow exponentially over the next few weeks as those people become symptomatic and contagious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,101 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

citysights wrote: »
    Did anyone see the videos on twitter if the Chinese spraying the streets with big tankers at the start of the big spread in Wuhan. Was that a disinfectant I’m thinking it was. Should we be doing things like that here if the Chinese are getting it under control why not copy what they are doing. It sounds extreme but if schools are now closing here and there is spread in the community it’s serious.

Give a few months we might catch up to China. Gove Tony a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    5 arrived, or are due to arrive today.

5 planes? Or 5 people?

We need to stop flights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

Anyone got a slinky for Department of Health press conference?

RTE news now on the RTE player. They usually livestream it on Facebook too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

polydactyl wrote: »
    Clare case is a Doc. Did a shift in Limerick ED while unwell. 13 docs now in self isolation while they try and contact trace the patients he saw....it was a Locum shift....he is also a GP.

****ing hell

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

As much as I'd like to see flights from Italy to Ireland banned it wont make much difference.

People will just re route. All goes back to Italy not getting a grip on this quick.

Also didnt realise how popular italy is this time of year for Irish people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,101 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hes a waste of a bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

VinLieger wrote: »
    Not revealing that as they are close friends and i dont feel comfortable doing it.

So you cant even say what county?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

pjohnson wrote: »
    Give a few months we might catch up to China. Gove Tony a chance.
    What? Over 80,000 cases!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

WHO lists it as a symptom in some cases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

5 planes? Or 5 people?

We need to stop flights.

Planes. Planes from Italy. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

circadian wrote: »
    A friend's mum has been contacted by health officials as she is both olderly and was in to see him in the last week or so.

So it's a case of doctors making the worst patients. If it turns out he didn't self isolate and continued to practice with symptoms I'd imagine he'll be struck off.
    Who says he had symptoms? I doubt someone would be struck off for it.
    He should have self isolated if he came back from northern Italy though, incredibly selfish no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I'm sorry but what a thick bollix if true. (The doctor not the poster before I get a warning)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

piplip87 wrote: »
    RTE news now on the RTE player. They usually livestream it on Facebook too
    Channel 500 I think on TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Tootsie_1 wrote: »

Why the panic? This was always going to be the case with how it played out to date and the approach we took.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭macwal

I'm sorry but what a thick bollix if true. (The doctor not the poster before I get a warning)

Not all doctors are created equal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

The new patient is in intensive care according to the IT :(
    No its says they are receiving intensive care in an isolation unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I smell bullshiiiiittttee.
    Its probably only a half truth but the doctor in question was in work after he returned home and was working as an out of hours GP as well as working in his own practice. That was confirmed on news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Lancet report said in 3% of cases in a 41 patient study.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Stheno wrote: »
    I and my colleagues can all work from home and I have to say it's become a positive

Have you been told to work from home? I don't know why companies aren't telling staff who can do this to just do it. It makes so much sense from their point of view given the decrease in the likelihood of their staff contracting the virus and actually having fit and healthy staff to work in the coming weeks yet I don't see too many companies actually doing it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

It doesn't matter what county anyone who has it is in, because there are probably so many people walking around Ireland infected now that don't know or haven't been tested makes no difference now its obviously spreading within the country god only knows how many people are infected wouldn't be surprised if its in the hundreds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Theres already some cases of premature diarrhea from some posters here

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

ITman88 wrote: »
    Exactly. Scaremongering even from mods.
    In the last week 8 or 9 have died on the roads, I hope no one on this thread has even attempted to drive a car since

How am I scare mongering, If the numbers rise, the pressure on the hospitals will be too much. You might not catch it, but if you break a leg, or need to go to hospital where do you go? Did you see what China did? Anyhow I’m a mod in radio, what on earth has that to do with anything? Most mods are just posters with an interest in the area they mod. I said in other threads I hoped I would be proven wrong and I’d make a charitable donation if I was, this isn’t something I want to be right on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

If I was to make a guess they were told in no uncertain terms to get their ass to the shift to hell with Italy. From my conversations with docs in hospital you have to turn up unless you are literally in hospital yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Is there any place that this doctor hasn't worked?
    So many rumours about where he did shifts and the WhatsApp messages keep adding more like he had fever and sneezing all over the place

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Have you been told to work from home? I don't know why companies aren't telling staff who can do this to just do it. It makes so much sense from their point of view given the decrease in the likelihood of their staff contracting the virus and actually having fit and healthy staff yet I don't see too many companies actually doing it yet.

Anyone with so much as a hint of a cold or any suspected contact with the virus must work from home for 14 days yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

VinL hope your friends are ok and recover well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement