Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Need to get the parades done and out of the way first! According to HSE/DOH, parades are all go...no risks!

The parade but not the spectators, standing in the one place beside many others

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ludo wrote: »
    I'm in Cork and I have full capacility to work from home. We have onnly been told to stay away if we were in hot zones. I have a cold. Runny nose and cough :eek: I'm gonna go in tomorrow but I bet I will be getting some strange looks. No one is taking it too seriously though so it will be more jokes than anything else. This evenings news may change that of course.
    Still easier to just go in than explain to my boss that I am working home because of the sniffles.

See in my company the attitude is if you've got the sniffles work from home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

wadacrack wrote: »
    Individuals need to start taking responsibility not waiting for guidance from the government.If you feel sick stay away from large crowds and work places. Need to pro active and in this situation better to over react

A lot of people who don't get sick pay from their employer will still go to work as they won't be able to afford to be absent, even if they are feeling a bit under the weather.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

TTLF wrote: »
    Not even close, April 3rd is when we get 2 weeks.

I think the poster was suggesting schools may be told to take Easter break early.

May screw up some peoples Easter holiday plans for trips to northern Italy!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Anyone here have masks at home? At what point would you start wearing one? I saw one person in super valu with one on yesterday, but at the moment I’d still feel self conscious wearing one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Anyone here have masks at home? At what point would you start wearing one? I saw one person in super valu with one on yesterday, but at the moment I’d still feel self conscious wearing one.

They don't protect you apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

namloc1980 wrote: »
    A lot of people who don't get sick pay from their employer will still go to work as they won't be able to afford to be absent, even if they are feeling a bit under the weather.

Employers need to step up and cop on that giving sick pay is better than their entire staff being infected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,657 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is there no live feed for todays update - tried all the usual places and nada

Stheno wrote: »

Hmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

kenmc wrote: »
    It's a mystery though. I mean imagine the same thing happening here as happened in China, south Korea, Iran, Italy, diamond princess. Absolutely incredible. Shocked to the core, I am.

Clusters dont appear overnight, this must have been around for a few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

fritzelly wrote: »

RTÉ news now

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

you need a ffp2 or ffp3 for any kind of protection apparently and good luck getting those you would get a brick of gold easier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Masks arent really effective to stop infection they are really only for use if you are infected to stop you spreqding it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

fritzelly wrote: »
    Same. Where the fcuk is it? We've waited all day to hear and can't even access it.

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    you need a ffp2 or ffp3 for any kind of protection apparently and good luck getting those you would get a brick of gold easier

Yeah I have some ffp3

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭solidasarock

Stheno wrote: »

Surely it at least helps to stop touching your face.

If people have it and don’t even know, it must be fairly mild for a lot of people. At least to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Yeah I have some ffp3

How much you want for one ? :D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

It appears the one case in Cork is actually 2 and there are 8 more suspected cases but results won’t be available until tommorow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Same. Where the fcuk is it? We've waited all day to hear and can't even access it.

https://www.pscp.tv/HSELive/1RDxlQpONLMKL

Very very good conference, everybody should watch this.

If nothing else it Backs up what runway said, they have been working hard to get ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭circadian

gmisk wrote: »
    Who says he had symptoms? I doubt someone would be struck off for it.
    He should have self isolated if he came back from northern Italy though, incredibly selfish no doubt.

Sorry ni meant if he was showing symptoms, which he must have been at some point to end up getting tested.

Regardless, not self isolating and continuing business as usual is gross negligence and may well be the cause of an outbreak in the area. What if an at risk patient contracts it and is either left with another life long condition, or worse death, as a result of this behaviour? It's not like he wouldn't know about the behaviours of this virus at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

VinLieger wrote: »
    Masks arent really effective to stop infection they are really only for use if you are infected to stop you spreqding it
    A lot of the population probably should be wearing them at this stage . I think anyone who has a cold or is feeling unwell should mask up at this stage.

If they don’t protect you why are healthcare workers wearing them. They don’t want you buying them to protect supplies, of course they give some protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

It appears the one case in Cork is actually 2 and there are 8 more suspected cases but results won’t be available until tommorow.

If you are gonna post this stuff then please provide a source......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I think the poster was suggesting schools may be told to take Easter break early.
    I can't see them closing schools early. They seem to be even resisting closing schools with confirmed cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Drumpot wrote: »
    https://www.pscp.tv/HSELive/1RDxlQpONLMKL

Very very good conference, everybody should watch this.

If nothing else it Backs up what runway said, they have been working hard to get ready.
    That's from earlier and not running now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

VinLieger wrote: »

Maskes are effective. Just the media claiming they are not due to a shortage.

https://twitter.com/chrismartenson/status/1235575722527412224

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

May screw up some peoples Easter holiday plans for trips to northern Italy!

I feel bad for the people doing LC and JC orals, or art projects. Or even my sister doing college finals :eek:

My friend in Dubai said when when I asked if they officially closed all schools there (mind you only having 28 cases I believe)
    “Let’s just say, easter break has come early for 2 weeks, after that we have to do online learning”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

When the Survivalism and Self Sufficiency board starts to get as busy as this thread...then I'll panic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement