Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

If they don’t protect you why are healthcare workers wearing them. They don’t want you buying them to protect supplies, of course they give some protection.

Because right now our healthcare workers are the most important people we need to stay healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

It appears the one case in Cork is actually 2 and there are 8 more suspected cases but results won’t be available until tommorow.

This is why there should be 2 briefings each day one noon and one later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,657 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

leahyl wrote: »
    RTÉ news now

Thats just Irish news now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

nothing on rte news now yet, just the irish news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Anyone here have masks at home? At what point would you start wearing one? I saw one person in super valu with one on yesterday, but at the moment I’d still feel self conscious wearing one.

Same, though I have a feeling they're going to become a more common sight. I think when using public transportation is probably the most important time to wear one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pretzill wrote: »
    When the Survivalism and Self Sufficiency board starts to get as busy as this thread...then I'll panic.

It's only rumours... but supposedly a man in Boyle, Co. Roscommon has tested positive too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

TTLF wrote: »
    I feel bad for the people doing LC and JC orals, or art projects. Or even my sister doing college finals :eek:

My friend in Dubai said when when I asked if they officially closed all schools there (mind you only having 28 cases I believe)
    “Let’s just say, easter break has come early for 2 weeks, after that we have to do online learning”

Is Easter a big event on the Islamic calendar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

If they don’t protect you why are healthcare workers wearing them. They don’t want you buying them to protect supplies, of course they give some protection.

I'm sure they do give some protection but if you think about it they're only really good fornome wear (could get contaminated when you're not wearing them), they probably give a false sense of security, and in general healthcare workers will be experienced in using them properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Drumpot wrote: »
    Because right now our healthcare workers are the most important people we need to stay healthy.

Yes, and masks help protect them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

A lot of governments have gone for the bull****ty route to cover their lack of planning. Doesn't help to mess with public confidence in a crisis. Just tell people the truth and they will comply out of self-preservation if nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

wadacrack wrote: »
    Maskes are effective. Just the media claiming they are not due to a shortage.

https://twitter.com/chrismartenson/status/1235575722527412224

Ah here, you have posted a pic which is quoting one internet source off another and you have decided the one you like is correct. Ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Necro wrote: »
    It's only rumours... but supposedly a man in Boyle, Co. Roscommon has tested positive too

Ah Jaysus Necro I was in Boyle yesterday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

leahyl wrote: »
    RTÉ news now
    Nope, Nuacht is on there at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

VinLieger wrote: »
    Employers need to step up and cop on that giving sick pay is better than their entire staff being infected

Employees need to step up and sacrifice there holidays if they want to get paid while watching Netflix for two weeks.
    Unless the government order closures business interruption insurance won't pay out for employers.
    Not all businesses can afford to close down and still pay staff. There's no telling how long this could go on, government needs to carry the can on this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 christy G

Hi I was wondering if people are stocking up on food and water ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It appears the one case in Cork is actually 2 and there are 8 more suspected cases but results won’t be available until tommorow.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

nothing on rte news now yet, just the irish news.

But the briefing is happening at 8 so is ongoing currently. Absolutely nowhere to be found online.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pretzill wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus Necro I was in Boyle yesterday :(

As I said, rumours that are yet unsubstantiated. But very very unnerving if its that close.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

There are plenty of medical masks online?

That photo of the man in the gas mask on the train. He doesnt have dark hands, he's wearing black gloves.

A friend in Oxford has started wearing them every time she leaves the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Necro wrote: »
    As I said, rumours that are yet unsubstantiated. But very very unnerving if its that close.

Boyle is miles away, don't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

830pm for the briefing

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Is there some sort of nightly address by the DOH on Youtube?....or is it just numbers that are released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Virgin Media news is on now, and the press conference has not started yet. It will be live at 8:30 on Virgin Media Facebook page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Don’t think the update is live, usually between 8 &8.30pm. They announced it on the VM news last night, close to the end.

Edit: Virgin Media have it live on their Facebook page at 8.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

christy G wrote: »

I was in Tesco earlier and the shelves were more full than usual.
    Water can come out the tap in most homes in Ireland.
    If you have to self isolate for two weeks you wouldn't need much food at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Logan Roy wrote: »
    If you are gonna post this stuff then please provide a source......

What kind of source would you like? The name of the person I know working there that has told me and would loose their job for doing so?

Or maybe I can give you a link to the newspaper report when its printed tomorrow sometime.

Or I could give you a link to my post from 8am this morning about there being a case in cork that wasn’t “officially” Announced until 6pm this evening?

Which would you prefer.

EDIT/ wait I’ve a better idea, maybe I will start the sentence with “it appears” so that you know it’s not officially confirmed by the official confirmators

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

ITman88 wrote: »
    Ah here, you have posted a pic which is quoting one internet source off another and you have decided the one you like is correct. Ok

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(08)01008-4/fulltext

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Virgin News said it was due to be held in the next half hour

And it would be streamed on their Facebook live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

christy G wrote: »

Some Canadian officials are advising everyone stock up on a 2 weeks supply (ie the length of self quarantine). Some other officials currently disagree, but give it a week or two and I'm sure they will all be recommending it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

virgin media news facebook @8.30 Corona virus department of health Update

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement