Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

tillyfilly wrote: »
    I'm drawing lots on the numbers of cases that will be announced today ,pm me

Is this some sort of sick joke ? this is a big deal and peoples lives are at risk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

7 more today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Necro wrote: »
    It's only rumours... but supposedly a man in Boyle, Co. Roscommon has tested positive too

And it's this sort of rumour that the public has to rely on. Whilst the people who have the facts continue to hide them from the public. If true, it'll be reported as the 'north west' going on current form. Not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

BarryD2 wrote: »
    The idea that you'd come back from a trip to Italy and just return to work as a 'health professional' is hard to understand. Do these people not be in touch with current events? They are presumably educated to be in such a role. Why be so feckless?

what about people returning from other EU countries, you don't think that is risky too? The virus doesn't recognize borders, it spreads in big cities, airports, small vil;ages. You can catch it anywhere in Europe now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

wadacrack wrote: »
    Maskes are effective. Just the media claiming they are not due to a shortage.

https://twitter.com/chrismartenson/status/1235575722527412224

This is what I've said in the 2nd thread, it's really about resource prioritisation but the public should be told white lies instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

bekker wrote: »
    Gov should have had online register in place weeks ago, generating id no for each person advised by doc or HSE to self-isolate cross ref. by RSI No., so employers could have it interrogated and confirm genuine self-isolation, and such registration legislated to be sick note for 14 days.

In addition, all such self-isolated should be entitled to sick pay from State in absence of employer sick-pay contract. Public sector have granted themselves this facility, and bear in mind that TDs covered as public sector in this respect.

Public sector workers will be paid. As a private sector worker I will get sick leave rates from the gov which I couldn't live on. Two tier apartheid system in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Seven new cases, total 13

Coronavirus: Now 13 people have coronavirus in the Republic
    via The Irish Times
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-now-13-people-have-coronavirus-in-the-republic-1.4194376

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Speak Now wrote: »
    How can you compare ireland to a cruise ship? What would our population be if we were as densely populated as one??

Don't worry, there are numerous people who have a phenomenal level of negativity that they are already calling the end of the world.

Think of the types that buy the daily mail and think that if it's written on fakebook it's true.

Sadly, there are far too many people like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

gally74 wrote: »
    7 more today

Irish times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

The royal couple shaking a lot of hands in Galway today, a high profile case could be in the offing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't actually care who goes into government at this point, we need one now it is that simple.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Need to get the parades done and out of the way first! According to HSE/DOH, parades are all go...no risks!

No risks? With a group of people crammed together to watch a silly old parade. They put the parade of one year, they can do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Public sector workers will be paid. As a private sector worker I will get sick leave rates from the gov which I couldn't live on. Two tier apartheid system in this country.
    Solution...join the public sector...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Is it true that the 2009 H1N1 pandemic killed 150K people in the first year ???

How come there wasn;t massive panic with that pandemic ??

There was a fair panic about it. As others have said social media has played a huge part this time round but I distinctly remember being convinced we were fecked at the start of swine flu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Is it true that the 2009 H1N1 pandemic killed 150K people in the first year ???

How come there wasn;t massive panic with that pandemic ??

Don't you remember the mass vaccination centres set up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Stheno wrote: »
    Fatality was originally estimated at 20% of the population
    I spent many days drawing up contingency plans for my company

well, there are currently 16% of total open cases in critical conditions, while 6% have died

• Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Bob24 wrote: »
    And btw there was an interview from the peekprosperity.com guy on a podcast I listen to which was recorded at the end of January - well worth listening to (it is a financial podcast but the podcast is about the virus): https://www.macrovoices.com/podcasts-collection/macrovoices-hot-topic-podcasts/795-hot-topic-6-covid-19-pandemic-update

This gives him a lot of credibility as what is said a month ago is still very relevant and he had already seen it would become a global pandemic when everyone still thigh it was purely a Chinese issue.

Except the masks do not protect your eyes ears and lets hope your not fidgeting with it and contaminate them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Necro wrote: »
    I don't actually care who goes into government at this point, we need one now it is that simple.
    Do you want the current incomptent lot and Simon Harris to continue their disastrous handling of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

The royal couple shaking a lot of hands in Galway today, a high profile case could be in the offing

If we passed on corona virus to the Royal Family...oh the irony!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Boards.ie will crash in 5, 4, 3, 2,1 ....

Can't understand why it does like last night though. Someone who knows about these things might enlighten me.

Is is bandwidth or something like that.

Should never be the case that traffic shuts down the site. I'm on many very busy sites and this never happens. Not happening as we speak either and Corona V is top of the list and moving by the second.

Just saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Where is the briefing on? Youtube?o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

7 more cases in the republic. OMG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

boetstark wrote: »
    Sorry but don't be such an ignoramus. That is 100% true. Do you live in this area. If not please stop rubbishing people's attempts to share information with the public

the report said that a doctor with pneumonia was treating a patient.
    I dont believe that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

7 in one day. Surely they cant keep towing the paddys day is ok line.

UK gov are telling anyone coming from anywhere in Italy to self isolate. We should be doing the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The country could be riddled with incumbents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

Please leave your China bashing of this thread. Focus on what steps could be introduced here to reduce the rate of contagion.

Agreed. We can learn a lot from how China managed this virus. Despite it originating there they have slowed it down hugely which gave other countries weeks to prepare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭scotchy

Naggdefy wrote: »
    The 'Doomsday Clock' was 100 seconds to midnight in January, I wonder where it's at now :D

About 20 past ...

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

My young relative, who I've seen three times this week, is in Glasheen school where many, many of his classmates' parents are staff in CUH. I have a persistent cough since Wed morning. I'm also asthmatic. I cared for elderly parents and immunocompromised stickingduring the week, I just hope I didn't transmit to them. I was so careful.

Not going to into work tomorrow, I work with special needs children. Went to the doctor on Wed but I'm going to ring her again in the morning to check if I should self isolate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement