Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

All outpatient appointments have been cancelled in Cork University Hospital tomorrow, for infection control measures.

All patients will be rescheduled as soon as possible.

While not confirming any coronavirus issue, Cork University Hospital has apologised for any inconvenience it may cause to patients

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

It’s 7 more so a total of 13.

The only mention the location of one of the 7 in cork.

Any news where there others are on Planet Earth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    seven new cases confirmed !

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

7up today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

No I don’t think so. First and second cases were in “the east”, then family of 4 yesterday, plus 7 today.

Lets hope this time the HSE stop playing silly buggers and give location's of the 7 new cases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    He’s not Taoiseach, people voted him out.

The wizard in the phoenix park is **** all help either :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

tillyfilly wrote: »
    The royal couple shaking a lot of hands in Galway today, a high profile case could be in the offing

Poor Harry might have to be king yet

I’m joking before anyone accuses me of wanting people to die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Paddy's day surely needs to be postponed now , there's probably a few thousand Italian fans due to arrive this weekend for all we know .

The stupid thing about everything that's happening here is it was all predicted on these threads a week ago here but yet the government officials kept going on that there's nothing to worry about .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Do you want the current incomptent lot and Simon Harris to continue their disastrous handling of this?

Don't think anyone else wants to be involved in this either. Seem to be happy to let the caretakers deal with it don't you think?

Has Louise O'Reilly (the Health spokesperson in SF) made a statement yet? She seems to have been able to spout on every outlet up to now. But silence at the minute.

I only say that because SF have positioned themselves as the best deal for all of us now.

But Mary L is in self isolation so she knows the score, and fair dues to her for putting her family first. We would all do this.

But hey Louise, any statement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭shmeee

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It's gone from 1 to 4 to 7 in consecutive days.

Keeps doubling up nearly the amount anounced.

2 cases
    Then 4 cases
    Then 7 cases

Giving us 13.

14 new cases tomorrow.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Seven more or seven total?

7 more

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

wakka12 wrote: »
    Source?

RTE News App

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The HSE should say where these new cases are located, ballpark even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It’s 7 more so a total of 13.

The only mention the location of one of the 7 in cork.

Any news where there others are on Planet Earth?

Dr: 7 new cases in Ireland
    Reporter: Whereabouts
    Dr: In Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

If ye can remember, were there any sort of world events (like say china shutting down half the country) that got ye more than just the numbers?

If it was just the numbers here I'd be way less certain it's a serious problem.

I don't, to be honest. I just remember seeing articles about the death rate and being sure we were in serious bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭jackboy

I don't think anyone would be particularly alarmed at this news if it wasn't for the complete ineptitude that is currently going on in terms of stopping it from getting out of control. The thing that is scary is I just don't trust this country to handle this well and feels like we could let this become a runaway train.

Looks like it’s too late, it’s out of control. There was probably not much we could have done to stop it, but to not try is unforgivable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Bob24 wrote: »
    Yes that is pretty obvious (I have actually mentioned it in previous posts) and no-one said wearing a mask alone is providing 100% protection.

But it doesn't make them useless by any stretch of imagination, and they greatly reduce the chances of infection.

But how as you say it still has ways to get in so how does the mask actually help. Also most who say wear masks don't mention does and it will create a false sense of security.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,783 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

tillyfilly wrote: »
    7up today

In this context definitely not flat:P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It will be widespread in a week or two. Panicking won't change things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

But Mary L is in self isolation so she knows the score, and fair dues to her for putting her family first. We would all do this.

No she's not she was speaking in the dail today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I remember my son was hospitalised because of it and I thought he was gonna die.

My girlfriend at the time was as well. Really scary stuff at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Where are you watching this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

pc7 wrote: »
    Poor Harry might have to be king yet

I’m joking before anyone accuses me of wanting people to die.

harry is not next in line after Wills, George is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    He’s not Taoiseach, people voted him out.

He is the Taoiseach.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The CUH patient was treated in hospital last week and discharged, then readmitted again recently and tested positive. Not good at all, tracing becoming more difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Cheltenham is another sacred cow that should go. All large gatherings of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

RobertKK wrote: »
    It will be widespread in a week or two. Panicking won't change things.

How bout some looting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

shmeee wrote: »
    Keeps doubling up nearly the amount anounced.

2 cases
    Then 4 cases
    Then 7 cases

Giving us 13.

14 new cases tomorrow.....

It’ll be 476 million by mid- July

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

dan786 wrote: »
    All outpatient appointments have been cancelled in Cork University Hospital tomorrow, for infection control measures.

All patients will be rescheduled as soon as possible.

While not confirming any coronavirus issue, Cork University Hospital has apologised for any inconvenience it may cause to patients
    Isn't that standard for that type of scenario anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

The guy in Cork hadn't left the country, so had to have caught through someone who is a carrier but not have them made themselves known to HSE, might not even know they are a carrier

He's meant to have returned from tenerife. Just going on what I'm hearing from cork, he's not the only case either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement