Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Tomato1

Expressions of interest went out to NAS staff to be trained in testing.
    Training already started today for the trainers.

Probably due to start monday for rest of staff.

Only select few volunteers will be doing the training. Handful of people per county.
    Will be oral/nasal swab. Person on an response car will be conducting the te
    Very strong push on ensuring the patient can stay home and self isolate unless life threateningly unwell.

Biggest issue however is lack of flu-kits.

Staff supposed to don a flu kit when testing the patient.
    Then remove flu kit.
    Don another when cleaning the vehicle with spray bottle stuff.

If an ambulance has to transport. Both crew members need to don a suit. Crew members are to stay seperate. i.e one treats and one drives.
    No contact between crew members. The driver will have to meet the ED staff and then step back while ED staff + treating paramedic with flu kits move patient into ED.
    Then remove flu kits. Don another and deep clean vehicle with spray bottle + wipes. :pac:

Btw all ambulances only have 1 flu kit. :)
    Each call you're looking at going through 2-3 flu kits minimum if no transport required.

Being told we can't source enough of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

tillyfilly wrote: »
    7up today

Not remotely funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

And Ireland is now in take off stage. Inevitable :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

He is the Taoiseach.

Can we not have this argument in this thread please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I was thinking that the definition of immunocompromised might be much broader than people seem to think.

I'm also remembering having pneumonia at 21 despite being strong as an ox and virtually never ill before then. It was very serious and felt like the description of the point when people need to be hospitalised with coronavirus : "like drowning when you try to breath". I'm not sure if there's an issue with how the cause of deaths was recorded (with C19 being omitted, pneumonia recorded as the cause, and thus many deaths not reflected in statistics). I believe I read that on Boards so excuse me if it's incorrect.

I can't help feeling this is more serious than it's being presented. It seems like there's been huge global response for something supposedly comparable to typical influenza.
    Was there this much reaction to swine flu etc? Did China practically shut down at that time?
    It's just puzzling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Two flights arriving into Dublin from Milan and Treviso later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SushiLover31

Pretzill wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus Necro I was in Boyle yesterday :(

Where did ye hear these rumours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

Any word on the briefing.... I sat through the news in Irish but I'm drawing a line at Nationwide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Prediction is for 100k global cases by midnight, or 103k by 9am.

Italy and Irn are having a head-to-head race to 5k, meanwhile Germany (gave up after 20cases), France and Spain are quickly heading towards 500 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Still cannot find the briefing online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

20+ new ones tomorrow I reckon.
    And if the actions of the infected GP in Clare are accurate we can expect a big jump at some stage in the next week once they have traced and tested the people he was in contact with.

With 8 suspected tests in Cork awaiting results overnight the level of new case detection will probably be only held back by the ability to process tests.

Paddy’s day parades will surely be axed by next monday, in a hope that people can cancel travel plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

It's not on Virgin media. Where can we watch the briefing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

piplip87 wrote: »
    Any word on the briefing.... I sat through the news in Irish but I'm drawing a line at Nationwide

Same i hope they arent waiting till 9 to suit the likes of RTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Perhaps it's better to get it early than getting it when every hospital is like a disaster area with cases coming in the doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

“Tune in to RTÉ News Now for more information”
    Proxy Nationwide is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Pseudonym121

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Is it true that the 2009 H1N1 pandemic killed 150K people in the first year ???

How come there wasn;t massive panic with that pandemic ??

Because H1N1 wasn’t a pandemic. This will be significantly worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

namloc1980 wrote: »

Give it a week and they'll be saying the same about flights arriving from Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭shmeee

fritzelly wrote: »
    Still cannot find the briefing online

Virgin Media Facebook Page I think

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

tillyfilly wrote: »
    harry is not next in line after Wills, George is

Yeah he’s about 6th in line, hence i was joking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Leo is one of the highest paid leaders in the world

Time for him to start leading

You can't blame Varadkar or Harris for this. It's the senior health administrators in the HSE/ Dept of Health who have been advising what policy to take. That's where the buck stops, for all it's worth.

But yes Leo and the government need to show a stronger hand and make hard decisions if necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

This is shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

RTE news now on nationwide by breaking news banner in huge writing saying 7 new cases confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

It’s mentioned in a banner on RTÉ NEWS Now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    The HSE should say where these new cases are located, ballpark even.

Two in Cork anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Cheltenham is another sacred cow that should go. All large gatherings of people.

What’s the big hullabaloo about Cheltenham going ahead or not ? Yes there will be a mass gathering of people but not one soccer match etc has been cancelled yet
    Over 5 million people using tube in London daily etc
    If you call off a sporting event or all mass gatherings then the whole country should be shutdown it’s all or nothing at that stage
    It’s here now and within two weeks will be widespread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

He is the Taoiseach.
    Caretaker with very limited ability to do anything. They are just keeping the lights on. He was never managing it anyway and they'll act on the advice given to them by the DoH/HSE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It really is just absolutely fukin insane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Cheltenham is another sacred cow that should go. All large gatherings of people.

Don’t mind Cheltenham, the largest gathering of people in these islands is the London Tube. 5 million people a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

harr wrote: »
    A lot of the population probably should be wearing them at this stage . I think anyone who has a cold or is feeling unwell should mask up at this stage.

The only problem with it is that you can't buy them anywhere and if you can, prices are near prohibitive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement