Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

is there anything to be said for another mass?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Why not sporting events? Thirty or forty thousand people watching a game for 1-2hrs mingling together, using public toilets, crowded round food and beer stalls.

In that case why haven't events like that been cancelled everywhere. Yes in Switzerland and Italy.

None off in the uk, France etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

VinLieger wrote: »
    Jesus the are ****ing incompetent, they are hours behind in the european numbers

It's bad when we are more up to date...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

DVDM93 wrote: »
    is there anything to be said for another mass?
    Another thing they may knock on the head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

2 close contacts in the west

Does this imply close to the Clare family?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,706 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Well, things have certainly escalated.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

wakka12 wrote: »
    Bethlehem Israel under lockdown after a number of suspected cases

Always is but it is in the PA area not Israel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    HSE: oh we’ve been preparing for this for the last few months.

Also HSE: yeah we don’t have adequate flu kits.

Couldn’t make it up.

You just did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

If they don’t protect you why are healthcare workers wearing them. They don’t want you buying them to protect supplies, of course they give some protection.

Because they put them on when they see the patient then straight after throw it away and re sterilize there hands after taking off there gloves. or do we all now have to go around with gloves on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Won't even talk about the case in CUH. Holohan is a *******

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

In that case why haven't events like that been cancelled everywhere. Yes in Switzerland and Italy.

None off in the uk, France etc
    We'll only do it if the French and Brits do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

you can sense the panic from them doing that press briefing.

These are suppose to be health leaders

• Registered Users Posts: 12,706 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

HSE inner circle...

tenor.gif

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Dow Jones drops 1100 points , 4%

Shocker, central banks cutting interest rates can't stop a pandemic :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

RTE: 7 new cases today ...

Coronavirus: seven new cases confirmed in Republic of Ireland taking total to 13

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0305/1120323-ireland-virus-containment/[url][/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Wont mention if the guy is in critical. They also have no idea how he got it, debunking their 'everybody that is confirmed is most likely the only people with it' theory. They aren't alarmed

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Because they put them on when they see the patient then straight after throw it away and re sterilize there hands after taking off there gloves. or do we all now have to go around with gloves on

Wouldn’t hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭rodders999

I’m supposed to be bringing my 20 month old to A&E in CUH in the morning after being referred there by my GP today (before the news broke).

I see that CUH have now cancelled all outpatient appointments for tomorrow, but should I still rock up to A&E? Can’t say I’m massively inclined to now.

He has conjunctivitis that’s hasn’t cleared after a week of eye drops so not massively serious I guess, although I was surprised to have been referred to A&E all the same.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Oh we can't stop flights from N Italy because Schengen this and peoples rights that.

Free Movement. And am surprised Brexiteers haven't capitalised on this yet.

But it's free movement from all over the world into UK anyway, and we can see how that has panned out. Sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is this a pisstake, won't say where they are, expected it to happen, everything is grand wash your hands...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Why did the HSE need to wait to tell GPs (let alone anybody) to self isolate for 14 days when returning from an infected area. This should have been the first thing that was said. That's the only way you could have actually contained this. They are morons.

We'll only do it if the French and Brits do it?

Thats not my point. Its comparing numbers here v there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

MD1990 wrote: »
    you can sense the panic from them doing that press briefing.

These are suppose to be health leaders

Really? I don't see panic. They look calm and collected to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Good to see Simon Harris taking such a lead at the press conference and giving the answers that we want. Fair play to him. We are sooooo lucky to have him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Volthar wrote: »
    Ask someone in Iran.
    cold in Iran now.

https://www.yr.no/place/Iran/Teheran/Tehran/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Laois is still clear.. we're going to build a wall ;)

Anyone asked the paddys day question yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

rodders999 wrote: »
    I’m supposed to be bringing my 20 month old to A&E in CUH in the morning after being referred there by my GP today (before the news broke).

I see that CUH have now cancelled all outpatient appointments for tomorrow, but should I still rock up to A&E? Can’t say I’m massively inclined to now.

He has conjunctivitis that’s hasn’t cleared after a week of eye drops so not massively serious I guess, although I was surprised to have been referred to A&E all the same.

Thoughts?
    Contact them first maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Still refusing to give details on location or what county the people are from ... Ireland is to small for saying roughly where the outbreaks are .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement