Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

"ah sure be grand wash your hands" has been the Irish and HSE mentality for the past 4 weeks. Absolute scum of the earth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Speak Now

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Dow Jones drops 1100 points , 4%

Dow Jones up 850 points this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

rodders999 wrote: »
    I’m supposed to be bringing my 20 month old to A&E in CUH in the morning after being referred there by my GP today (before the news broke).

I see that CUH have now cancelled all outpatient appointments for tomorrow, but should I still rock up to A&E? Can’t say I’m massively inclined to now.

He has conjunctivitis that’s hasn’t cleared after a week of eye drops so not massively serious I guess, although I was surprised to have been referred to A&E all the same.

Thoughts?

Don't go there, call your GP back in the am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

DVDM93 wrote: »
    what about all the people killed & eaten by sharks?

not a word said.

No fair, there were a few posts about closing beaches.. :-D :-D :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

From what they have said I don't believe the people i know have been tested positive are included in the 7 new cases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Won't even talk about the case in CUH. Holohan is a *******
    The HSE and public health officials have obviously decided to let the dice fall where they may. They had plenty of time to prepare for this event but couldn't be arsed or are so incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Cannot stand the HSE

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

For all those people shouting that the public have their "head in the sand".. What exactly do you expect them to do? Given they've no power to administer tests, etc and on an assumption they're obeying good hygiene practices. What else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Dow Jones drops 1100 points , 4%

Up 5% from Friday last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Pistachio19

rodders999 wrote: »
    I’m supposed to be bringing my 20 month old to A&E in CUH in the morning after being referred there by my GP today (before the news broke).

I see that CUH have now cancelled all outpatient appointments for tomorrow, but should I still rock up to A&E? Can’t say I’m massively inclined to now.

He has conjunctivitis that’s hasn’t cleared after a week of eye drops so not massively serious I guess, although I was surprised to have been referred to A&E all the same.

Thoughts?

Contact gp in morning to get advice. Personally I wouldn't go near the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Have had that typical Irish mentality of not wanting to be the first to do it, but I'm 100% wearing my mask for the commute tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Laois is still clear.. we're going to build a wall ;)

Make sure its watertight and we can turn on the taps In a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Maybe the admins could put a note at the top of the forum of do's and dont's.

A mask for the public is pointless unless you are a carrier of the virus, when you should be indoors anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

it is night time. about 18-20 C during the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

regarding the community transmission: "this is just a single case"

jesus christ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

VinLieger wrote: »
    From what they have said I don't believe the people i know have been tested positive are included in the 7 new cases

Why is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

This Holohan chap is really inept seemingly. It is incredibly unfortunate how he and his team are approaching this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Why does he keep saying that we know about all the contacts??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

It's not on Virgin media. Where can we watch the briefing?
    It's on their Facebook page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Los Angeles seems to be experiencing a significant outbreak currently.
    Surely if this is not a pandemic then it will never be announced? There appears to be evidence of sustained community transmission literally throughout the globe

• Advertisement

Thought the HSE said that we wouldn't have many cases, plus interest rates were lowered in many countries......so why are cases continuing to rise? Is there gonna be some lag effect before interest rates start to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

The lad speaking now can hardly talk, he keeps messing up his words...he sounds scared

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Volthar wrote: »
    Ask someone in Iran.

50 cases in Australia too. It's a million degrees over there .

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

You'll need to wear a mask and glasses as it can be caught through your eyes.

Wash those hands, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭rodders999

is_that_so wrote: »
    Contact them first maybe?

Ringing for the last 2 hours, no answer. Seems half of Cork may be doing similar.

Nothing on their website either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Have had that typical Irish mentality of not wanting to be the first to do it, but I'm 100% wearing my mask for the commute tomorrow.

It'll be called an overreaction tomorrow but by next week everyone who can access some will be wearing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Why is that?

I wouldnt describe where they are located as being in the east and they traveled from Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

HSE are out of their depth and they know it. Which wouldn’t be as bad had they not spent the last few weeks being blatantly ignorant while the rest of the world took this seriously. The shlt is hitting the fan now in ways they hadn’t prepared for nor expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

We're in trouble folks. The HSE are incompetent. I reckon we will be over 100 confirmed cases by a fortnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

If you have it then you shouldn't be commuting anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement