Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,637 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

regarding the community transmission: "this is just a single case"

jesus christ....

Does he not understand some unknown case infected him and probably dozens more
    Jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

"we're still in a containment phase, we can explain the source of every case"

"apart from that one case"

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Have had that typical Irish mentality of not wanting to be the first to do it, but I'm 100% wearing my mask for the commute tomorrow.

I’ve to go to Beaumont, going to bring mine with me, Im not looking forward to sitting in an enclosed waiting room for two hours or more with coughing patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

rodders999 wrote: »
    Ringing for the last 2 hours, no answer. Seems half of Cork may be doing similar.

Nothing on their website either.

I wouldn't be going near CUH at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Maybe the admins could put a note at the top of the forum of do's and dont's.

A mask for the public is pointless unless you are a carrier of the virus, when you should be indoors anyway.

So should front line staff not wear any treating infected patients?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    The lad speaking now can hardly talk, he keeps messing up his words...he sounds scared

Is he drunk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

harr wrote: »
    Still refusing to give details on location or what county the people are from ... Ireland is to small for saying roughly where the outbreaks are .
    And yet for most people this would be considered a perfectly appropriate response with respect to patient confidentiality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Chong wrote: »
    This Holohan chap is really inept seemingly. It is incredibly unfortunate how he and his team are approaching this.

There is an air about him that I absolutely detest.

This briefing isn't a briefing when there is zero information.

No travel ban either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Volthar wrote: »
    it is night time. about 18-20 C during the day

not during the last few weeks or months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

“Confident of no more cases , travel ban wouldn’t help stop it .. still saying it’s small number and still in containment stage”

Do these lads really believe that people have confidence in them

• Advertisement

As mentioned, we're at the mercy of Britain. This country doesn't have the leadership to make appropriate decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Another Iranian member of government has died from coronavirus, diplomat Hossein Sheikholeslam, former ambassador to Syria
    https://twitter.com/FarsNews_Agency/status/1235652390201815041
    He seems fairly young if that image is recent, looks late fifties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Contact gp in morning to get advice. Personally I wouldn't go near the place.

Neither would I, my elderly mother attends a warfarin clinic every couple of weeks, I've just told her to stay well clear of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

The numbers are shooting up for a population of our size, compared to the numbers in England.

Shocking

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Crisis management team established in CUH after staff had sustained contact with the confirmed case there.

Sounds like no precautions taken, I suppose there wouldn’t be if they hadn’t tested him.

I’d say health workers will be wearing protective equipment routinely fairly sharpish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

ricero wrote: »
    We're in trouble folks. The HSE are incompetent. I reckon we will be over 100 confirmed cases by a fortnight.

Can't understand how some people believe a department that can't handle day to day running of the health service will suddenly be able to handle this.
    Fantasy land

Blueshoe wrote: »
    50 cases in Australia too. It's a million degrees over there .

We're up to 57, localised transmission too. But the interest rates were lowered here too and they are considering quantitative easings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

antodeco wrote: »
    Why did the HSE need to wait to tell GPs (let alone anybody) to self isolate for 14 days when returning from an infected area. This should have been the first thing that was said. That's the only way you could have actually contained this. They are morons.

In fairness, doctor him/herself should have known. Its the height of hubris..

Of ALL people he would have known the situation in Italy, AND that he was endangering his patients who are only seeing him due to 'underlying issues' ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

regarding the community transmission: "this is just a single case"

jesus christ....

Fecking hell. If he’s got it then we’ve no chance.
    Really hope it’s not trrue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I’ve to go to Beaumont, going to bring mine with me, Im not looking forward to sitting in an enclosed waiting room for two hours or more with coughing patients.
    There seems to be an isolation zone. You do have to be close to people to be at risk. Maybe a time to check with hospital as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

ricero wrote: »
    We're in trouble folks. The HSE are incompetent. I reckon we will be over 100 confirmed cases by a fortnight.

That's probably a given. So do you believe every European country has an incompetent health service? It's growing pretty much everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

2 of the new people got it from previous identitifed cases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Love it that Cork is the only place that wasn't given a Provincial name.

Not East, not West, no it's Cork, CUH to be precise it seems. (Donegal is forgotten as always, god love them because they are North).

Hope all will be well for those affected. We may be next, remember that. Who knows at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Chances of Cork becoming our northern italy?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Pseudonym121

harr wrote: »
    Still refusing to give details on location or what county the people are from ... Ireland is to small for saying roughly where the outbreaks are .

This is really wrong-headed. Ireland is so small that you should simply assume you will be in contact with people with COVID19 as it is now circulating in the community. The idea that you’d be safe in Louth or Donegal if it was in CUH is incorrect.

Containment is done, you need to assume it is circulating and that 12 months now roughly 2/3rd of the population will have had it with a commensurate death rate. That works out to roughly 40,000.

If we are lucky and really socially isolate it’ll be much lower but I can’t see it being less than 2,000 over the course of the year.

So there is no point obsessing over whether it is in Cork or Galway or Louth. It is in Ireland, it is in the community and you need to behave as though people you interact with on a daily basis have it no matter where you live.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just isolate everyone who is coming from an infected region. That's stage 1 of containment.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-51762074

Child at Alder Hey tests positive.

Very grim news given that particular facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

The HSE don't give a **** about protecting the Irish public, its all about, we are doing the same as other countries. Well we can see other countries are having massive outbreaks, we will have the exact same thing happen here.

All cases so far have come in from Italy,(with one exception) but they dont recommend a ban on travel as it would not be effective. Well if they put it in place 1 or 2 weeks ago, we would have probably zero cases to date.

As long as they can point back to international best practice, they have got their backs covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Andrew00 wrote: »
    "ah sure be grand wash your hands" has been the Irish and HSE mentality for the past 4 weeks. Absolute scum of the earth

That's been the message for most countries not the HSE. I forget which of these threads it was but someone but the HSE message up and the the NHS and said at least there telling us what to do and guess what it was the same message maybe worded differently. Sneeze/cough in to your shoulder and wash or yous anti bacterial on your hands. But no because its our guys it can not be trusted. People need to stop take a breath calm down and actually think and not lose the heed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

There is an air about him that I absolutely detest.

This briefing isn't a briefing when there is zero information.

No travel ban either.

I do believe though his hands are tied here and he is being hung out here to dry as a scapegoat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement