Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

fr336 wrote: »
    I know people are worried but putting the boot into the Irish government and health service in particular may be anger just for the sake of it. Which major countries aren't having cases? Daily the rates are going up everywhere. It's not the Irish government's fault for this, I lay the blame squarely at China's door.

I'm angry that we are 400 beds over crowded as we have been for the last decade and nothing done in that time.

****ing right I'm angry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas

Lower interest rates and quantitative easing isn't going to solve this, we need to think outside the box and consider tax rates

Some sort of cash injection is required. Right up the Ying Yang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

While i agree but if its true the WHO deserve a lot of the blame cus they have not been saying or doing enough until this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

To think this tweet actually exists. To think we refer to ourselves as "intelligent life".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Tomato1

Have my first chest infection in years. Accompanied by a sore throat. Talk about bad timing. Would call in sick tomorrow but have essential work to do. Probably just a cold but would make you think seeing as I work in a multinational with workers from all over the World.

You need to call the HSE hotline and organise testing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Explain this 14 day isolation thing. After 14 days, ya can go back to work or whatever. Ya can catch it then no? What's the idea of the 14 days?

Symptoms should usually appear within 14 days, so if you've been in a high risk area and caught the virus on the very last day, you should still start to show some symptoms within your isolation period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Italian beer ad on rte

Classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

irishgeo wrote: »
    What's to stop the guy in italy driving into Germany and flying home from there.

Those tested? We dont have the figures for tests done? The figure we have is the confirmed cases.
    Stop scaring people.
    Exactly.
    Huge number of people visiting northern Italy fly from other airports.

Even Munich is not too far away - about 6 hours by train and numerous trains each day

I’ve skipped a few hundred posts since 8pm. Could someone catch me up as I missed the news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

HSE are out of their depth and they know it. Which wouldn’t be as bad had they not spent the last few weeks being blatantly ignorant while the rest of the world took this seriously. The shlt is hitting the fan now in ways they hadn’t prepared for nor expected.

I prefer your funny posts. At least we are not out of coffee....

tenor.gif?itemid=11096513

4P61OB.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

That’s just looking at the worst case scenario and then reducing mortality rates based on assuming social isolation and medical care reduces risk as well as the arrival of a vaccine (under compassionate use grounds) before the winter ( which is when mortality should really spike ).

Background. Consultant in the HSE and lectured in epidemiology and medical statistics in University. I certainly don’t know everything but I’m not pulling numbers out of my ass, they’re considered based on decades working in hospitals.
    Well if you are who you claim to be you really should know much better than posting worse case mortality rates on an Internet forum with obviously hysterical posters.
    Usually medical professionals don’t in fact try to increase panic among the general population

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

Can you catch coronavirus in a swimming pool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

frillyleaf wrote: »
    I’m just interested in disease etc

That's a bit morbid. Plenty of other things in life i'm sure you'd also be interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

gabeeg wrote: »
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph

Beautiful...will not get the thanks it deserves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I can't keep up with the thread, what reactions? Everyone in clare must know his name at this stage.

And other names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Allinall wrote: »
    Nenagh eh?

Did they go home in an ambulance?

I used the same joke for Inagh last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I’ve skipped a few hundred posts since 8pm. Could someone catch me up as I missed the news?

New virus has taken over

Catastrophic Syndrome Virus

Boards to be quarantined

• Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I see the mass panic has set in.

SET IN where have you been for the other 3 and a half threads

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Pseudonym121

I’ve knowledge in those areas and I’m finding your posts alarmist.

Ok but you can’t disregard the UK government figures. Sure this is their “reasonable worst case scenario” and so it is likely to not be quite that bad but it is very likely that it will be a lot worse than a lot of people seem to think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Would you ever cop yourself on?

No work is that essential that you should be risking the health of everyone around you. You should never go to work when you're that sick, never mind in the midst of a global health crisis.

Don't be so selfish. Stay at home. Nobody cares about your 'essential work'.

And this is why we haven't a hope, ignorant, selfish, stupid c*nts like that guy not actually considering the implications of their actions. So short sighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

gmisk wrote: »
    Will give that a listen is it called anything in particular? Or just available under his name?

It's called "Got your face mask yet?", no joke. It's on Spotify, that's what I use.

Honestly, people need to listen to the part when Prof. O'Neill speaks, it puts the some of the posts in here to absolute shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Panic for some, apathy for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Say what you want about the impending horrors of covid19, but I can't deny it's done wonders for my post-to-thanked-posts ratio.
    And that's what posting on forums like is really all about,eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Cop yourself on, health comes first and you risk infecting us and our families also.

Will ring the manager in the morning and see what he thinks. The fact there is community dissemination has changed my outlook. HSE should have been telling us that there was a risk of it happening not ruling it out as they have been doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Can you give us a summary before it's to late
    I haven't listened to it but downloaded it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

wakka12 wrote: »

About 7000 people die every day in the US you gobsh1te

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

ITman88 wrote: »
    Well if you are who you claim to be you really should know much better than posting worse case mortality rates on an Internet forum with obviously hysterical posters.
    Usually medical professionals don’t in fact try to increase panic among the general population

If he or she has an educated opinion to give and can make an educated guess then he or she should go right ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

DVDM93 wrote: »
    the latest doing the rounds.
    c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Heard the bit about him in Shannondoc from 2 different folks(1 of whom is a nurse)

Hadn’t heard the Shannondoc bit, but the family are known. That’s why the HSE changed their rules today, for staff coming back fro affected areas. That these rules on self-isolation weren’t already in place, beggars belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Beautiful...will not get the thanks it deserves

I gave it a thanks.

You happy?

YOU HAPPY!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

San Marino has 21 cases and a population of 4000 people. Pretty high infection rate there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement