Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Expect to see Poland announce a number of confirmed case's soon.
    There one case traveled from Germany to Poland on bus 12 hours at least on the bus.with multiple stops people getting on and off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

“Is the Patrick’s day parade risky do you think?”

I dunno Miriam, what the f*** do you think?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ninthlife wrote: »
    F**k off with your parade talk Miriam
    It would be madness not to cancel at this stage.
    We will see...

If it goes ahead I think the numbers would be a lot smaller, would people really want to put themselves at risk?
    Come to think of it takings in pubs and clubs, must be seriously in the toilet as well as cinemas etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

F***in parade talk again

What the **** is the obsession

Thats me done watching prime time...gob****es

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

There are at least 40 more cases to be announced over the next two days. Our hospitals are proving not very suited to containing this virus for whatever reason. Many of these unannounced cases represent clusters of 6-10 people in various hospitals around the country.

First step call say you are lying to try and spread panic this is unlikely.

Second step when what you stay is confirmed just say well it was always going to happen but anymore cases are unlikely.

Rinse and repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,621 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

They are obviously going to cancel the St. Patrick's day stuff, this is just a talking point for everyone in the media to get worked up about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

On the subject of Prof. O'Neill on the McWilliams podcast, he mentioned the drugs that are being trialed that are showing promise in helping people who contract it.

Chloroquine is showing promise, which treats malaria. And there are anti-viral drugs used to treat HIV, and anti-inflammatory drugs to help your body too. This is all before the vaccine comes out in about a years time.

Even Prof. O'Neill says that the seriousness of this is going away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 christy G

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Dawn of the Dead.

Off to Dundrum Shopping Centre

Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil, grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭millb

Wombatman wrote: »
    Prediction time!!!!

Thursday morning next week, one week from now, how many diagnosed cases and deaths from Covid-19 in the ROI?

I'll go for 95 and 2.
    120 and 3

She’s going out of her way to be really disrespectful to the Chinese ambassador.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Chinese soldier V a guard?

Wtf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Don’t you need a licence in China for a gathering of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Stop on about this parade. Nobody gives a s*ite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Yes. People dont seem to get that the death rate depends on medical treatment.

Beyond a certain number of cases the rate will spike.
    It is not a fixed constant.

I don't suppose there's any figures out of China on general mortality rates in the last few months?

That might be the stupidest question I've ever asked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,725 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    It could actually take out every major A&E in the country.

Quarantine centres should be established.

Especially if infected doctors are working in them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    It could actually take out every major A&E in the country.

Quarantine centres should be established.

What utter rubbish is this?

We sat and watched on for weeks with our gob ajar catching flies. We did the square root of **** all to proactively combat this.

And then we go and permit a doctor returning from Italy to work away in a chockablock hospital. Criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Pseudonym121

You tried to claim swine flu wasn't a pandemic earlier.

Feck right off with your attempts to pretend you know what you're on about.

Swine flu only infected somewhere between 10 and 20% of the world population.

They’re estimating COVID19 will infect somewhere between 40 to 70% of the worlds population. This is from WHO.

Really 10 to 20% is only about a quarter of the prevalence of infection vs what we are looking at now. Sure you can quibble the details of the definition but swine flu as a pandemic isn’t at all equivalent to what we are facing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Are these Pollyanna analysts ever going to wake up and realize we are in uncharted deep waters

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Stop on about this parade. Nobody gives a s*ite

They can hold it behind closed doors and we can watch it on the telly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

What kind of diplomacy is this from Miriam and RTÉ...China makes the world’s drugs. The US speaker is talking rubbish that’s she’s fawning over. Read Scary Mommy and facebook comments section and discover how widespread the virus is in the states & people not being tested.
    She led the questions with how the Chinese covered up the virus...mentioned that people would be ‘more fearful’ of Chinese guards...how does this help is exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

So the American guy thinks North Korea and Iran are lying but all other countries are reporting accurately data... right

The economic impact is going to be huge. Just ask anyone involved in study travel for example. Already occurring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Are these Pollyanna analysts ever going to wake up and realize we are in uncharted deep waters

How do we know the water is deep if it's uncharted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Gintonious wrote: »
    Listened to David McWilliams podcast and he had Professor Luke O'Neill on it. He explained things clear and concise.

I am not even remotely worried anymore now.

I recommend people in here do the same.

Ah, Luke O’Neill! Definitely giving that a listen. And I’m pretty sure I’ll be agreeing with him all the way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lads and ladies the parades are going to be cancelled, possibly even as soon as tomorrow.

Theres a huge meeting between Department of Health and various other bodies including unions, businesses etc about mass gatherings

I suspect the parades will be axed if not then, very shortly afterwards

They will not go ahead so stop concerning yourself about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I have to go to the Mater next Monday afternoon to get blood tests done. I hope everything will be ok then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

How do we know the water is deep if it's unchartered?

I said uncharted not unchartered
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/uncharted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Necro wrote: »
    Lads and ladies the parades are going to be cancelled, possibly even as soon as tomorrow.

Theres a huge meeting between Department of Health and various other bodies including unions, businesses etc about mass gatherings

I suspect the parades will be axed if not then, very shortly afterwards

They will not go ahead so stop concerning yourself about them.

Tell Miriam on RTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Lads if that parade was in my back garden I'd close the curtains.

A load of tripe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement