Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Absolutely no need for that!

I'm not wishing them ill will.

People in the at-risk group *should* be concerned. I don't think the risk of psychological harm of being concerned is something to be very worried about. Being concerned isn't likely to kill you.

If being concerned had a 10% chance of killing someone, I would not advise them to be concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Is it time to withdraw all your money out of the banks so it doesn't get contaminated with other money?
    I would if I had any

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

harr wrote: »
    If your immune system is low then yes you are at risk .. and maybe you should get advice form a different oncologist if your current one is telling you any different.
    I have a child who’s immune system is compromised and we have been told to keep a very close in him and to limit public gatherings if possible.

Sweet moses. I know I’m at extra risk. Stating the bleeding obvious. When you’re immunocompromised, there are any number of things that can kill you. That’s why I’m not really panicked. It’s just another possible risk. Let’s add it to the already considerable list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

I've been following the HSE/dept of Health guidelines.

I just spend 14 minutes 59 seconds with people and I haven't been infected yet.

Put your trust in them!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I welcome Pseudonym121 to this forum, regardless of people's concerns about credentials or what not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

A positive Covid-19 case in TCD - an email just went out there.

Obviously one of the '4 in the east'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Obvious Desperate Breakfasts is clearly a HSE shill. I mean we know better. She should be panicking now.

As should Luke O’Neill. Can’t recall who recommended it, but it is worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Being concerned isn't likely to kill you.

You never heard of high blood pressure?

What's happened to this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

The leaderboard of shame

China 80,430
    S. Korea 6,088
    Italy 3,858
    Iran 3,513
    Diamond Princess 696
    Germany 545
    France 423
    Japan 361
    Spain 282
    USA 209
    Switzerland 118
    Singapore 117
    UK 116
    Hong Kong 105
    Sweden 94
    Norway 91
    Netherlands 82
    Kuwait 58
    Bahrain 55
    Malaysia 55
    Australia 53
    Belgium 50
    Thailand 47
    Taiwan 44
    Austria 43
    Canada 37
    Iraq 35
    Iceland 35
    Greece 31
    India 30
    UAE 28
    San Marino 21
    Denmark 20
    Algeria 17
    Israel 17
    Lebanon 16
    Oman 16
    Vietnam 16
    Ecuador 13
    Ireland 13
    Czechia 12
    Finland 12
    Macao 10
    Croatia 10
    Georgia 9
    Portugal 9
    Brazil 8
    Qatar 8
    Palestine 7
    Azerbaijan 6
    Belarus 6
    Mexico 6
    Romania 6
    Slovenia 6
    Estonia 5
    Pakistan 5
    Saudi Arabia 5
    New Zealand 4
    Russia 4

A real tussle between France and Germany. The country of bread and wine versus the country of iron and steel.

Also 2 old empires battling it out Persia and Rome

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    A positive Covid-19 case in TCD - an email just went out there.

Obviously one of the '4 in the east'

It's reading week in tcd so hopefully no one was exposed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,393 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How come no one gives advice to just wear gloves? If you wear gloves out and about you can then dispose of them when you get home. Lots of disposable gloves one could wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Obvious Desperate Breakfasts is clearly a HSE shill. I mean we know better. He should be panicking now.

As should Luke O’Neill. Can’t recall who recommended it, but it is worth a listen.

Insert virus stuff here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Sweet moses. I know I’m at extra risk. Stating the bleeding obvious. When you’re immunocompromised, there are any number of things that can kill you. That’s why I’m not really panicked. It’s just another possible risk. Let’s add it to the already considerable list.

The kind of people you're responding to don't give a **** about people who are actually at risk, they only care about being as dramatic as possible.

My dad is recovering from cancer and has asthma. He's 74. His reaction to all of this is taking the piss and talking about how it only impacts old people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I've been following the HSE/dept of Health guidelines.

I just spend 14 minutes 59 seconds with people and I haven't been infected yet.

Put your trust in them!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I know. I'm also in that group, just wish we could get along here, the next few weeks will be testing.

Let's keep it together boardsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Gintonious wrote: »
    What utter rubbish is this?

Some people are so clueless it beggers belief. What's your argument against my statement?

I stand by what I said. An undetected infected person(s) in a currently overcrowded and under resourced A&E department could bring down the whole operation nationwide.

Because it would get to the point resources have to be utilised and moved all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Yeah. How dare they not feel how they're told. FFS.

'If you are traveling to Idlib in Syria you should be concerned'
    'YOURE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!'
    I don't understand. Are you suggesting she should stop cancer treatment because the risk of COVID-19 is too great? What's your angle here?

Their angle is that the half million people who died from swine flu were a waste of space, and that covid-19 is a bit of a joke. While I can appreciate a somewhat morbid disposition on their part, the lackadaisical attitude is not just isolated to themselves in the event of an infectious disease.

He is a she.

And she’s not.

Fairly sure cilldara is being sarcastic there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

He is a she.

And she’s not.

Oops, edited there now. I’m sure a :P smiley is unnecessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

be grand shur

Meant the comment that was made. I’m sure obvious desperate breakfast will follow the professional advise they’ve been given based on their particular situation....not a randomer on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

The leaderboard of shame

China 80,430
    S. Korea 6,088
    Italy 3,858
    Iran 3,513
    Diamond Princess 696
    Germany 545
    France 423
    Japan 361
    Spain 282
    USA 209
    Switzerland 118
    Singapore 117
    UK 116
    Hong Kong 105
    Sweden 94
    Norway 91
    Netherlands 82
    Kuwait 58
    Bahrain 55
    Malaysia 55
    Australia 53
    Belgium 50
    Thailand 47
    Taiwan 44
    Austria 43
    Canada 37
    Iraq 35
    Iceland 35
    Greece 31
    India 30
    UAE 28
    San Marino 21
    Denmark 20
    Algeria 17
    Israel 17
    Lebanon 16
    Oman 16
    Vietnam 16
    Ecuador 13
    Ireland 13
    Czechia 12
    Finland 12
    Macao 10
    Croatia 10
    Georgia 9
    Portugal 9
    Brazil 8
    Qatar 8
    Palestine 7
    Azerbaijan 6
    Belarus 6
    Mexico 6
    Romania 6
    Slovenia 6
    Estonia 5
    Pakistan 5
    Saudi Arabia 5
    New Zealand 4
    Russia 4

A real tussle between France and Germany. The country of bread and wine versus the country of iron and steel.

Can’t help but wonder about Russia, are they not testing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

cnocbui wrote: »
    If I haven't miscalculated - always a possibility - Ireland has 16 times the infection rate of the UK, per head of population.
    Rough populations

Ireland
    4.75m 13 cases
    1 per 365k

UK
    66.5m 116 cases
    1 per 573k

So yeah nothing like 16 times the infection rate even if you want to put the NI cases in with ROI

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Some people are so clueless it beggers belief. What's your argument against my statement?

Yeah. Some people are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

cnocbui wrote: »
    If I haven't miscalculated - always a possibility - Ireland has 16 times the infection rate of the UK, per head of population.

Give us your sums , think you are a fair bit off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Confirmed case in trinity college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Paddys day parade will surely be postponed?

Give us your sums , think you are a fair bit off.
    I had a go at it, they are

Pseudonym 121. I get ya with concern about its ability to cause encephalitis. Your post just came across a bit ambiguous about the "cured patient" aspect. I understand that you had doubts about this statement but there was nothing in the study to suggest the patient had been cured of COVID-19 so was unsure why you mentioned that aspect.

• Advertisement

Wesser wrote: »
    Confirmed case in trinity college

Link?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement