Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronavirus Part IV - 19 cases in ROI, 7 in NI (as of 7 March) *Read warnings in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Would have to agree I think the HSE attitude has been very much as if things are under control. The economy seems to be put before people's health. The Patrick day parade is a clear example. It's obvious now nobody will turn up as the people have already decided yet they are still faffing around on the matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1235773377589243904

Things are bad when little Bhutan gets it, dang tourism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,887 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1235765313570041856

I never realised anyone was so desperate to get in to North Korea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,640 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sure that's how some of the doomsday merchants would have Ireland if they had their way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Sure that's how some of the doomsday merchants would have Ireland if they had their way.

We should be doing far more than we currently are, contact tracing is proving completely ineffective to stop the spread.

Lockdowns are coming and its the HSEs fault.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

What's the craic with the penny still not dropping with some posters?

Normalcy bias I presume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,082 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

cb158353-1589-442f-99l3kno.jpg

100% supermarket, 0% coronavirus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,082 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yeah and others will have infected going to work to get maximum spread :)

Palestine confirms 7 cases of coronavirus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭Unearthly

So was the person who had no connection to travel or in contact with an infected person only tested because their health is deteriorating?

In other words you need to be seriously ill before being tested out of the default criteria?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Unearthly wrote: »
    So was the person who had no connection to travel or in contact with an infected person only tested because their health is deteriorating?

In other words you need to be seriously ill before being tested out of the default criteria?

HSE only testing if you have contact history AND showing symptoms, burying their head in the sand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

VinLieger wrote:
    As i mentioned yesterday theres also 2 other cases i know personally that werent in the numbers the HSE announced last night.

I had a feeling somebody might say this, especially after that red dot image on the WHO's Twitter page. What if the HSE are strategically announcing cases in a manner that doesn't spread panic? If we take the two cases you're referring to and the red dot on the WHO image, what if there are another 10+ cases that the HSE have already tested as positive but have not announced for whatever reason

I'd be willing to bet tonight's update for Ireland will be in double figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Asking for a friend, so if they were in a building yesterday for a few minutes that has now had a case confirmed and is closed for deep cleaning what does my friend need to do, they were told not to come to work and to get tested asap this morning? Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 41,803 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Asking for a friend, so if they were in a building yesterday for a few minutes that has now had a case confirmed and is closed for deep cleaning what does my friend need to do, they were told not to come to work and to get tested asap this morning? Thanks

Do what they were told

Self isolate, ring GP.

Do NOT go to the hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Would have to agree I think the HSE attitude has been very much as if things are under control. The economy seems to be put before people's health. The Patrick day parade is a clear example. It's obvious now nobody will turn up as the people have already decided yet they are still faffing around on the matter

I think it’s more a delay tactic delay delay delay we don’t want panic or our hospitals over run with patients it’s playing for time ideally they would try get out of the normal flu season so more capacity in the hospitals

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I think you have already answered your own question? The bit in bold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

They have a child and wife, do they need to stay home as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

micar wrote: »
    It this is true, it now in the city centre.

It's true.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51761294

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0306/1120531-coronavirus/
    It says a section of its Dublin city centre campus will be closed as a precautionary measure, but that the rest of the university will open and operate as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

Self isolate and call Gp. Also remember the test won’t show anything even if your friend caught it yesterday. I’d be highly doubtful they’ll test asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

The GP looks like he could have infected multiples of people and people that were sick..
    So he worked in his own clinic for a number of days and then did a shift in A&E and also did work at an out of hours clinic so the possibility is that he could have infected hundreds and the fact his wife is a teacher who also returned to work and the kids all returned to school .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

harr wrote: »
    The GP looks like he could have infected multiples of people and people that were sick..
    So he worked in his own clinic for a number of days and then did a shift in A&E and also did work at an out of hours clinic so the possibility is that he could have infected hundreds and the fact his wife is a teacher who also returned to work and the kids all returned to school .

The couple are like typhoid Mary on steroids. Can see a lot of insurance cases in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

harr wrote: »

If all of the above is true, then it is truly shocking. They were returning from a red zone for God sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Why would a Trinity not just close their entire campus today and reassess over the weekend? I know it's a seperate building but better to be overly cautious IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

sjb25 wrote: »
    I think it’s more a delay tactic delay delay delay we don’t want panic or our hospitals over run with patients it’s playing for time ideally they would try get out of the normal flu season so more capacity in the hospitals

As much as we all know that there will be more cases.

This sort of stuff doesnt help anything, only causes more panic.

Just because 1 person posts saying they know of more cases doesn't mean that person is actually telling the truth. Any of us can come on here saying we like x,y&z. Then people panic based on that, doesn't do anyone any good.

And yes the HSE and dept of health have handled this poorly, should be an update in the afternoon and evening daily and the number of tests carried out should be announced daily not weekly.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,352 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I LOVE the thread title!!!
    Apologies but as this seems to be a rapidly evolving and potentially very serious situation in Ireland I think it's probably better to use that space for a bit more relevant info now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

selassie wrote: »
    Why would a Trinity not just close their entire campus today and reassess over the weekend? I know it's a seperate building but better to be overly cautious IMO.

Because it's a reading week there this week, normal lectures etc aren't on which limits the amount of contact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

If all of the above is true, then it is truly shocking. They were returning from a red zone for God sake!

But following HSE guidelines at the time..which have since been updated... eye roll...... The solicitors will have a field day with this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement