Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k monitor scaling

Options
  • 05-03-2020 11:14am

Hi. I just got a new 4k monitor for the latest pro retina (2019 model) I got recently. The issue is the text is unuseably small in full resolution and I’m not getting the scaling option for “make text bigger” that I’m seeing online as how you improve things.

The only option i have is to change resolutions and I have found it runs well in 1920x1080 which increases the size (but too much really) and keeps it sharp. Even this option I had to hit alt on the scaling as the resolutions being offered were terrible.

What’s the point in having a 4k monitor though if I can’t use it at full resolution? I have a fullHD monitor in another office and that always just worked nicely with both this and my previous MacBook in it’s full resolution. Now as I said it is very sharp in the current mode but still I should surely be able to increase text size to the same as an iMac screen for instance without reducing the resolution. The text is much bigger than on my colleagues iMac screen now too due to the lower resolution and far smaller in full resolution.

Any tips?

Edit: I’ve been doing some CAD work today and this is not sharp at all, the menus are but the models in the word space are much worse than if switching to full resolution.

Edit2: I adjusted the settings in the CAD program and it looks pretty much as sharp as in full resolution mode settings. I’m confused is the display scaling to 1920x1080 but displaying it in full resolution?

Advertisement