Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Australia 2020

124»

Comments

The judges reactions to some of them during that were great too.

I think the right person went today for sure but they were not gracious in defeat in some recent interviews blaming Mel for favoritism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭nothing

I think the right person went today for sure but they were not gracious in defeat in some recent interviews blaming Mel for favoritism.

Agreed it was the right person, surprised they lasted this long considering who they were up against

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep that's fair.

Was that dirty hickey on Reynolds neck during the immunity box episode? :pac:

• Advertisement

Right person went again but
    Emila and Laura
    in the pressure test cooking like it was nothing them with
    Emilia
    rattling off what she had left to do was something else. Really hope it's one of them to win at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Right person went again but
    Emila and Laura
    in the pressure test cooking like it was nothing them with
    Emilia
    rattling off what she had left to do was something else. Really hope it's one of them to win at this stage.

Yeah, I think it will come down to those two or
    Reynald

I think
    Reece
    will go next. And
    Callum
    could win, he's good enough. But there will be a few dessert challenges that aren't his strength.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Yep think you are both right - but I hope you are not Mellor with your 'go next' :)

When she was at the end of the second round, the music they played was like music that's played when a favorite TV character is killed off in your favourite show. I knew she was a gonner then. :o

So the promo yesterday pretty much spoiled today's result. Stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Mr E wrote: »
    So the promo yesterday pretty much spoiled today's result. Stupid.

Yeah, that was a bit ridiculous alright. It was a fantastic dessert though, although what are the chances that they just happen to have those moulds lying around.

jester77 wrote: »
    Yeah, that was a bit ridiculous alright. It was a fantastic dessert though, although what are the chances that they just happen to have those moulds lying around.

The contestants can request equipment to be brought in for future cooks

Aw, sad to see
    Reece
    go. Boo.

The finale is next Monday (and it will be the final 2 who compete) so we are going to lose 2 before then.

Aw, sad to see
    Reece
    go. Boo.

The finale is next Monday (and it will be the final 2 who compete) so we are going to lose 2 before then.

I presume it’s an elimination on Tuesday, and then a semi final on Sunday.

Winner of Monday goes straight to Sunday.

Was surprised at last night elimination. Mentioned earlier that I felt that person was a step behind the top 4 - who are quite simply on another level.
    All 4 dishes tonight looked amazing.

Callum today ffs reign it in and at this point he's his own worst enemy.

But yay
    Emilia

Was it just me but there was no way that choux pastry was cold enough in 5 minutes to fill. 10 minutes to go and it was coming out of the oven. 5 minutes to go it was filled and decorated with cream! It never went near the fridge!

Was it just me but there was no way that choux pastry was cold enough in 5 minutes to fill. 10 minutes to go and it was coming out of the oven. 5 minutes to go it was filled and decorated with cream! It never went near the fridge!

Yep you're right. Maybe it's the edit.
    She took it out with 15 minutes to go so she had time to blast chill it.
    Even 5 minutes in the chiller would have been been enough.

Here is the recipe (cached link because 10play is region locked)

The “time left” is sometimes exaggerated for drama’s sake. They’re never as far behind in the last minutes as they make out.

Tonight’s episode
    I left anyone would have won in round 1. Callum dropped the ball a bit in round 2. Nothing massive or a big error. Just a technique that didn’t work out.

Any of the top 3 could win.

What an amazing looking dessert.
    I’m not a big sweet person. But definitely would love to try some of these desserts.

I won’t post any spoilers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

That was fuhhhh!

• Advertisement

Oh I'm happy with that result. The finale will be a cracker. Hard watch at the end there tough.

Was gutted for the loser last night.
    I think I'd have been gutted for any of them, but that contestant probably stood to gain the most from the finale imo.

Excellent finale. Worthy winner. But now what am I going to watch????

Watched semi and final back to back this morning.

Sorry for the loser in the semi final. It was the one challenge they should have excelled at. At least there was a consolation prize.

Worthy winner overall - her reaction was brilliannt.

Loved Jock's speech for Laura too. What a great guy.

Hope those 3 judges are back next year. I'm sure they will.

Loved Jock's speech for Laura too. What a great guy.

Didn't realise she went to work for him after she was on MC originally. That's where she met her husband.

So happy with the result. but how stingy are they with the runners up money ?

So happy with the result. but how stingy are they with the runners up money ?

I'd say the contestants have a deal between them.

In Emilia's original season, she came third and got $10k in prize money, but the winner that year gave her $50k off camera. I'd be surprised if Emilia have a similar deal with Laura.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭nothing

I imagine they got a fair chunk of change for participating too

Advertisement