Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone Backup Not Found

• 05-03-2020 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

I made a backup of my mothers iPhone X which she is no longer using but has pictures she'd like to keep on there.
    My intention was to transfer this backup to my old iPhone 7.
    I've been able to put my iPhone 7 backup onto the iPhone X but her iPhone X backup doesn't seem to be there at all despite being positive I backed it up.

Is this as the mac only shows backups from phones that were associated with my Mac?

Is there a way to retrieve the iPhone X backup? I'm sure it's on my computer as I had to free up space to do it.

Any help would be much appreciated :(

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If it's backed up to your mac it'll be in ~"user"/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup.

In that backup folder any child folder is a device backup, eg "00009030-0000064F3526007Z"

If you didn't back it up, presumably your mother had an icloud account that her phone backed up to?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

If it's backed up to your mac it'll be in ~"user"/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup.

In that backup folder any child folder is a device backup, eg "00009030-0000064F3526007Z"

If you didn't back it up, presumably your mother had an icloud account that her phone backed up to?

There's multiple backups there but all encrypted I think. I have several and I think I can see her new one as it was created today.

She was backed up to iCloud too but way over her 5GB limit which is the problem.

Advertisement