Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Royally Good Time

Options
  • 05-03-2020 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭

I have to say I think the visit of HRH The Duke and HRH The Duchess of Cambridge's visit to Ireland has been absolutely brilliant. I followed the whole trip and I have to say the class, humility and down-to-earth aura this lovely couple gave off was just wonderful.

Great for Ireland to be shown in such a great light as well. It's great that we have such good relations with our closest neighbors now.

Great ambassadors for their country and lovely to see so many Irish people out to welcome the Royal couple.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8077861/Prince-William-Kate-Middleton-arrive-Galway.html

Link for anyone who missed the coverage due to Covid19 dominating the headlines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Its all make believe. If you followed them there were probably sniper rifles trained on you the whole time, millions gone up in smoke for security, everything pre planned, scripted to the last detail, attendees vetted.

I doubt its so great for Ireland. If they visit Moldova or Tristan da Cunha next week will anyone here give a fiddler's?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

If you gave Benito Mussolini a hurley and a sliotar for a photo-op you'd have people saying how great he is. Then again, this is boards, he probably has his admirers in any case.

The Royals are the most expensive soap opera on the planet. Don't really understand why we've got so many visits of late, sometimes I half think they're here to scope out the real estate as they secretly want to invade and bring us back into the union.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I love the royals. They make me laugh at the British Government every time I see them.

Mind, I think the granny might have links to a terrorist organisation ;)

image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There's probably a couple of county sides that could do with that sort of technique.

Advertisement