Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pneumonia vaccine

• 05-03-2020 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

I'm on immunosupppressants and have been meaning to get it but keep putting it off. I'm booked in to get it tomorrow due to the corona virus. Don't want to sound like an idiot by asking the GP, but is it a case of being protected pretty much straight away or does it take awhile to fully kick in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I was considering getting it as I got pneumonia a few years ago and am succeptable to chest infections. I talked to a doctor friend today who said there could be a danger if you happened to get the coronavirus while in the few days after getting the jab when you are having whatever symptoms you may be experiencing. I'm in two minds now. I think it would be beneficial but I'm worried about the timing. If ok could stay out of sight for 3 or 4 days I would probably go for it.

Advertisement