Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left ESB - Cancelled SEPA DD - Rejoined months later - Reactivate DD?

Options
  • 06-03-2020 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As above. I left EI and cancelled the SEPA DD via 365online. I then rejoined 3 months later - Although I gave the authorisation for the DD on their website I saw that the DD was bounced by the bank saying no mandate exists. 

Must I reactivate the DD via 365online or must I notify EI?

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi FGR,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear this direct debit is causing you difficulty. If the direct debit was cancelled using www.365online.com, this would cancel this specific mandate. The company themselves could still represent for the direct debit using a different mandate. It would be necessary for this to be done by the company themselves.

Alternatively, you can log in to www.365online.com and select "Manage Accounts" > "Direct Debit Services" and you will see an option for "Re-activate Direct Debit". 

We hope this information helps.

Many thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement