Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 WingAndAPrayer

mtpower wrote: »
    Completely agree!! I found the format really piecemeal and don't feel like I did myself at all!! Glad I'm not the only one and hopefully we'll still do OK!!

I feel the same but it's very hard to tell how you did in any interview scenario. The further I am removed from any interview the more critical I am of myself.

Hopefully, we find out by the end of the week one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CBCB

How long did the first batch wait for etray results ?

Wondering when I'll be getting the dreaded text

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mojoviii

CBCB wrote: »
    How long did the first batch wait for etray results ?

Wondering when I'll be getting the dreaded text

For me it was 2 and a half weeks from the close of the window for completing etray to the results message.

mojoviii wrote: »
    For me it was 2 and a half weeks from the close of the window for completing etray to the results message.

Thank you ! appreciate it.

Re your query about Illness. My understanding is that if you can't attend the interview due illness , unless you can attend at another time whilst the existing batch is being interviewed you will be interviewed with the next batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Oh my god, they must have been reading boards :D
    I just got my results and can not believe that I have been placed on a panel.
    I really hope the rest of you got good results and commiserations if not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭InsideEdge

MrsBean wrote: »

Thats fantastic news Mrs B, many congratulations!! But now I'm worried because I haven't heard anything and I did my interview the day before yours!

Congrats ! They are quick to get the interview results out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 WingAndAPrayer

Congrats!!! Me too, delighted. Good luck all.

Just got the result and, as suspected, didn't make the cut. Never mind, onwards!

Congrats to all of you on getting on the panel and best of luck to those waiting for their results.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mojoviii

Congratulations! I was lucky this time too, and placed on the panel. I'm delighted!

Commiserations to anyone that didn't get there this time around. I know from previous experience how frustrating it is to go through a 7 month process and get left out at the final hurdle. Keep trying though, you may get there on the 3rd or 4th attempt, like me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

InsideEdge wrote: »
    Just got the result and, as suspected, didn't make the cut. Never mind, onwards!

Congrats to all of you on getting on the panel and best of luck to those waiting for their results.

Sorry to hear this Inside Edge, you have been very helpful on the thread! Hopefully next time!

Well done to everyone who got through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Herriott

Commiserations, InsideEdge, I'm sorry to hear that. Onwards is right. For what it's worth it took me four attempts before I actually got panelled with an offer and I don't think I was any less suitable on the first attempt. It is an exercise in perseverance, it has been for me at least.

Herriott wrote: »
    Commiserations, InsideEdge, I'm sorry to hear that. Onwards is right. For what it's worth it took me four attempts before I actually got panelled with an offer and I don't think I was any less suitable on the first attempt. It is an exercise in perseverance, it has been for me at least.

Thanks for that and you're right about the perseverance! As it happens, my Department recently ran an internal AP competition and I've just found out that I made the panel for that, so I'm happy to say that it ended well for me!

It's great to see the support and encouragement on this forum and I'm delighted to see so many people getting on the panel. The future of the Civil Service is in good hands!

I am really delighted to hear that!! Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Herriott

Thanks for that and you're right about the perseverance! As it happens, my Department recently ran an internal AP competition and I've just found out that I made the panel for that, so I'm happy to say that it ended well for me!

It's great to see the support and encouragement on this forum and I'm delighted to see so many people getting on the panel. The future of the Civil Service is in good hands!

Great news, congratulations! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

I'm being considered for Dept of Health (fancy talk for I'm going to Health unless my sick leave or something is bad which it isn't).

I don't know anyone in Health - has anyone here worked there? What's it like? Particularly interested in their attitude towards remote working...

HannahR31 wrote: »
    I'm being considered for Dept of Health (fancy talk for I'm going to Health unless my sick leave or something is bad which it isn't).

I don't know anyone in Health - has anyone here worked there? What's it like? Particularly interested in their attitude towards remote working...

I only know that the new offices on Baggot St are superb! I've had dealings with people on D/Health and all have been really nice and business-like. I think all Departments have told staff to work from home if possible.

If you're based Miesian Plaza, there's a 99% chance you will be working from home. I started in another department based there this year. Went in for one day to get a laptop and was told I wouldn't be back in the office until 2021.
    Of course if you were in IT, facilities, the press office or Minister's office you might have to attend the office a couple days a week.

If you're based Miesian Plaza, there's a 99% chance you will be working from home. I started in another department based there this year. Went in for one day to get a laptop and was told I wouldn't be back in the office until 2021.
    Of course if you were in IT, facilities, the press office or Minister's office you might have to attend the office a couple days a week.

Thanks - I had figured that alright for during Covid but I'm wondering more the general attitude to it in the long term. I know the high ups in my place are really in favour of it in the long term and seem to think it is here to stay at least for the people who like it. I assume some other Departments are the same and others will see it just as a means to an end during Covid.

Thanks - I had figured that alright for during Covid but I'm wondering more the general attitude to it in the long term. I know the high ups in my place are really in favour of it in the long term and seem to think it is here to stay at least for the people who like it. I assume some other Departments are the same and others will see it just as a means to an end during Covid.

Yes, I can see a big movement to remote working even after we're allowed back in the office. A recent survey in our Dept saw the majority of people favouring working from home for at least one day a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I think the last Fórsa survey had something like 94% saying they wanted to work from home at least some of the time?

Word on the grapevine is except in frontline offices, WFH some of the time will definitely be on the cards for most government departments even after Covid. It makes complete sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kbr19

Hi all - I just read through the thread and wish I knew about it earlier in the process! I was wondering has anyone who was successful at interview heard anything about where they might be placed? I am at the etray stage and wondering how quickly everything is moving.

kbr19 wrote: »
    Hi all - I just read through the thread and wish I knew about it earlier in the process! I was wondering has anyone who was successful at interview heard anything about where they might be placed? I am at the etray stage and wondering how quickly everything is moving.

Yes I was interviewed in the first batch on 5th October, found out I passed and was on the panel on 8th October, received email from PAS that they had reached my place on InterD panel and were considering me for Dept of Health on 23rd October. Now in clearance stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RWC15champions

Yes I was interviewed in the first batch on 5th October, found out I passed and was on the panel on 8th October, received email from PAS that they had reached my place on InterD panel and were considering me for Dept of Health on 23rd October. Now in clearance stage.

Hi Hannah, can you remember how long it took from the date the testing window closed on the recorded interview questions to get those results?

Wow, that's super quick. I guess it's cause they have moved to demand led recruitment now. Best of luck in your new role. Sounds like you will be getting the phone call soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mariee

Thanks Hannah. Do you mind me asking if you received the email regarding your placement through your message board?

Hi Hannah, can you remember how long it took from the date the testing window closed on the recorded interview questions to get those results?

Our window for the video interview questions ended on 16th July and the results came through on the 20th July.

Mariee wrote: »
    Thanks Hannah. Do you mind me asking if you received the email regarding your placement through your message board?

No, once I got the message that I was on the panel it moved to normal email.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Treetirty

Is the competition being put on hold?

As I've just received the following message on PublicJobs:

I refer to your candidature for the above competition.

Following your participation in Stage 2 Video Interview, candidates with a total score of 195 or higher have been invited to Stage 3 (e-tray). However, it is anticipated that all remaining successful candidates will be called to Stage 3 in early January 2021. Should we reach your place we will be in touch with you via your Publicjobs.ie messageboard.

An invitation to attend any part of the selection process is not to be taken as implying that the Public Appointments Service is satisfied that such a person fulfils the eligibility of the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

Treetirty wrote: »
    Is the competition being put on hold?

As I've just received the following message on PublicJobs:

I refer to your candidature for the above competition.

Following your participation in Stage 2 Video Interview, candidates with a total score of 195 or higher have been invited to Stage 3 (e-tray). However, it is anticipated that all remaining successful candidates will be called to Stage 3 in early January 2021. Should we reach your place we will be in touch with you via your Publicjobs.ie messageboard.

An invitation to attend any part of the selection process is not to be taken as implying that the Public Appointments Service is satisfied that such a person fulfils the eligibility of the post.

I just got this message as well. This is a new decision, from my understanding, the previous batch didn’t have an OOM on their video interview. I’m really dissapointed and I’ve been really concerned all month that something had gone wrong and emailed them a couple of times... it’s definitely a new decision, wonder why...

Advertisement