Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RWC15champions

I'm assuming ye are both in the second batch for Dublin are ye?
    It just sounds like they have split it into two batches...
    Batch 2.1 a score of 195 or higher
    Batch 2.2 between whatever the pass mark was and 194
    Nothing to worry about, happens in most competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pdbtsi

Nicole2020 wrote: »
    I just got this message as well. This is a new decision, from my understanding, the previous batch didn’t have an OOM on their video interview. I’m really dissapointed and I’ve been really concerned all month that something had gone wrong and emailed them a couple of times... it’s definitely a new decision, wonder why...

I got the same message - I didn't score too highly in the video interviews so was kind of expecting I would come a bit later. Disappointing to have to wait, but actually at this stage I'm mainly glad I am still in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

I'm assuming ye are both in the second batch for Dublin are ye?
    It just sounds like they have split it into two batches...
    Batch 2.1 a score of 195 or higher
    Batch 2.2 between whatever the pass mark was and 194
    Nothing to worry about, happens in most competitions.

Yeah we’re the second batch!

Hopefully it’ll still get round to us... I think it’s just a bit dissapointing after seeing how fast it was moving for everyone in the first batch, and then hearing others from our batch were asked to do their e-tray a couple of weeks ago. I suppose it’s only 2 or 3 more months!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mariee

HannahR31 wrote: »
    No, once I got the message that I was on the panel it moved to normal email.

Thanks for that Hannah. I interviewed in the first batch too and am now waiting to hear about my placement so that’s good to know! Thanks again and best of luck with your placement!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CBCB

Yeah we’re the second batch!

Hopefully it’ll still get round to us... I think it’s just a bit dissapointing after seeing how fast it was moving for everyone in the first batch, and then hearing others from our batch were asked to do their e-tray a couple of weeks ago. I suppose it’s only 2 or 3 more months!

It will definitely get to you. They have already called people after you to video interview and the panel will be for two years so you don't need to worry about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

I know it's disappointing to have to wait but I think it's sound that they informed you of a timeline so you know when to expect the next stage.

It would also be sound if they gave us country folk our results in the next 2 or 3 hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Treetirty

MrsBean wrote: »
    I know it's disappointing to have to wait but I think it's sound that they informed you of a timeline so you know when to expect the next stage.

Yeah, while it's a little disappointing to have to wait, because the competition seemed to be proceeding at an incredible speed (Much quicker than I ever expected at the outset) my concern was that we were going to be excluded entirely for some reason. So removing that uncertainty is an absolute positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

You’re right, at least we know and i think January 2021 just sounded so far at first but it’s really not! Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

It would also be sound if they gave us country folk our results in the next 2 or 3 hours!!

Agreed waiting a couple of weeks now. Although my performance was awful so not holding out much hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 marley83

I just got this message as well. This is a new decision, from my understanding, the previous batch didn’t have an OOM on their video interview. I’m really dissapointed and I’ve been really concerned all month that something had gone wrong and emailed them a couple of times... it’s definitely a new decision, wonder why...

I’m showing my ignorance a bit - what is OOM? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Sarahlaois

Hi

OOM stands for Order of Merit

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

HannahR31 wrote: »
    I'm being considered for Dept of Health (fancy talk for I'm going to Health unless my sick leave or something is bad which it isn't).

I don't know anyone in Health - has anyone here worked there? What's it like? Particularly interested in their attitude towards remote working...

Firstly, congratulations on your appointment Hannah! I know it is a great relief when you finally get your assignment.

A former colleague of mine got AP before I did and got Health. He seems to really enjoy it, says it has it's challenges as you'd expect but was very positive about the work environment and the culture of the place in general. The policy work he is involved in seems to be very interesting. Certainly seems a good place to work, and would have been one of the Departments I would have liked to have been assigned to.

To echo the point made by one of the other posters, I think you'll be 99% WFH for the foreseeable in Health. One of the COs in my place has been assigned there for next month on promotion to EO, and has been told to report to Baggot St for one day to collect a laptop and then work from home.

Anyway, congratulations again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

The etray results for what I tentatively term batch 2.1 came out today.

The etray was very difficult but I scraped through.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 blue10

Ravelleman wrote: »
    The etray results for what I tentatively term batch 2.1 came out today.

The etray was very difficult but I scraped through.

Well done on making it through! I also reached the qualifying standard, despite it being such a tough test.

Is the next stage the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

blue10 wrote: »
    Well done on making it through! I also reached the qualifying standard, despite it being such a tough test.

Is the next stage the interview?

Check the booklet, or the thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 marley83

As expected, I did not reach the qualifying mark. In hindsight, I really wish now that I had taken some more practice tests.

Here's hoping that regional results for video shortlisting are out before the weekend - fingers crossed 🀞

Sarahlaois wrote: »
    Here's hoping that regional results for video shortlisting are out before the weekend - fingers crossed 🀞

The AO results were announced today so I'd be surprised if they released the AP results on the same day. We may forget about it for another week!

The AO results were announced today so I'd be surprised if they released the AP results on the same day. We may forget about it for another week!

Scratch that statement, I just got a PFO message from PAS so the results are on the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

Regional results for video interview are out. Not sure what the results mean - if anyone can shed some light, please?

What was the overall result out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Told to PFO too, hurray! Delighted I can forget about this again now, was good to get to the video interview stage anyway, definitely something that benefits from a lot of prep beforehand as opposed to my tactic of leaving it till a couple of hours beforehand.

Best of luck to everyone still in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Gickyk wrote: »
    Regional results for video interview are out. Not sure what the results mean - if anyone can shed some light, please?

What was the overall result out of?

Got my result. Passed and got a score of 240. Not sure if that's good or bad though!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Got my result. Passed and got a score of 240. Not sure if that's good or bad though!

Nothing in my inbox yet... is that a bad sign?

Averaging 80 in each competency should give you a very high ranking I'd say. Top 5 or 10% probably.

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 big big loader

Im Regional and got overall score of 234. Again im not sure what that is out of ?? Very little info which im sure will lead to more queries to PAS than anything. Looked back at the Information booklet for this stage - and no score totals there either

If anyone could shed some light on this itd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Tails142 wrote: »
    Told to PFO too, hurray! Delighted I can forget about this again now, was good to get to the video interview stage anyway, definitely something that benefits from a lot of prep beforehand as opposed to my tactic of leaving it till a couple of hours beforehand.

Best of luck to everyone still in the process.
    PFO for me too. Oh well! I didn't expect to make it, just did it for the experience. Didn't enjoy the process and I'd say it showed! Best of luck to all of you progressing to the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Casarina

Irishder wrote: »
    Nothing in my inbox yet... is that a bad sign?

same.....

Casarina wrote: »
    same.....

I'm the same and worried that its bad news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 littlelau01

Im Regional and got overall score of 234. Again im not sure what that is out of ?? Very little info which im sure will lead to more queries to PAS than anything. Looked back at the Information booklet for this stage - and no score totals there either

If anyone could shed some light on this itd be great.

Each question was more than likely marked out of 100. You had to reach a certain score on q2 etc. They will probably invite everyone who passed to an Etray because the email didn’t say that they were only calling people who reached a certain score.
    So there is no oom established at this stage- each stage just gets you through to the next round.

Advertisement