Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

I asked what it was scored out back when I got my results and PAS told me each Q was out if 100 marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Sarahlaois wrote: »
    I'm the same and worried that its bad news

My second name begins with a W so maybe its alphabetic

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Sarahlaois

Irishder wrote: »
    My second name begins with a W so maybe its alphabetic

Mine starts with B ðŸ˜

Mine starts with B ðŸ˜

There goes that idea so :) Its soooo frustrating waiting for the results

There goes that idea so :) Its soooo frustrating waiting for the results

This is torture.... over 2 hours since others got results. Are there other people on here waiting to hear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 marley83

MrsBean wrote: »
    I asked what it was scored out back when I got my results and PAS told me each Q was out if 100 marks.

Same in my batch. And I was told the qualifying score (41 for each question). But the qualifying score probably differs from batch to batch.

Still waiting... Presume it will be Monday at this stage

Still waiting... Presume it will be Monday at this stage

Hi Irishder, have you heard anything?

Hi Irishder, have you heard anything?

Nope nothing yet:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Nope nothing yet:mad:

Give them a call!

• Advertisement

Give them a call!

Thanks but they are not taking calls at the moment..... only option is to email!

Anyone else here waiting on results?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Casarina

I am also still waiting patiently...

Casarina wrote: »
    I am also still waiting patiently...

Thanks, strange that they would release some results and not others. Not sure if it means anything as people on here who got results both were successful and not.

I suppose all we can do is wait...

mine just came through, onto the next round. I got 195. Not sure if that is good or bad.

I emailed them and they sent them through

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Casarina

mine just came through, onto the next round. I got 195. Not sure if that is good or bad.

I emailed them and they sent them through
    Well done. That's a score out of 300.
    I didn't get through which I wasn't surprise about tbh! Best of luck to all that got through.

Hi. I passed too. Hopefully we won't be waiting too long to hear about etray.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Cheeseplant

Treetirty wrote: »
    Is the competition being put on hold?

As I've just received the following message on PublicJobs:

I refer to your candidature for the above competition.

Following your participation in Stage 2 Video Interview, candidates with a total score of 195 or higher have been invited to Stage 3 (e-tray). However, it is anticipated that all remaining successful candidates will be called to Stage 3 in early January 2021. Should we reach your place we will be in touch with you via your Publicjobs.ie messageboard.

An invitation to attend any part of the selection process is not to be taken as implying that the Public Appointments Service is satisfied that such a person fulfils the eligibility of the post.

hmm does this mean that the won't go back to the original OOM (from first lot of exams) to bring forward a Dublin batch 3 for some time? :( I thought at the speed it was moving that we might be called Halloween/ Xmas,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Batch 2.1 interviews are running from 23rd to 27th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

hmm does this mean that the won't go back to the original OOM (from first lot of exams) to bring forward a Dublin batch 3 for some time? :( I thought at the speed it was moving that we might be called Halloween/ Xmas,

They may well start on batch 3 Dublin before finishing out the process with the current batch. They seem to be trying to have small groups at each stage of the process this time.

• Advertisement

Invitations are out for regional etray

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Yep got mine. I didn't realise they were online, thought I'd get a day out in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pdbtsi

Just got this message:

As outlined to you previously Stage 3 of the selection process will comprise an online simulation exercise in the form of an e-tray.
    Whereby you had been notified that you would be called in early January 2021, you are now being called to complete Stage 3 from the 17th November 2020.

Had gotten pretty comfortable with putting it out of my mind until January!

Yeah got that too.

Anyone have any tips on this, anywhere that i can practice?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Treetirty

Pdbtsi wrote: »
    Just got this message:

As outlined to you previously Stage 3 of the selection process will comprise an online simulation exercise in the form of an e-tray.
    Whereby you had been notified that you would be called in early January 2021, you are now being called to complete Stage 3 from the 17th November 2020.

Had gotten pretty comfortable with putting it out of my mind until January!

I'm the same, I had thought I could park it mentally until after Christmas but at least with e-trays you can't do much in terms of practice so it's just a matter of getting it done now!

Unless there are practice tests available online that I'm not aware of! As joptestprep.co.uk is great for the psychometric tests but I can't find any Civil Service Specific E-Trays for AP

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Skaterpeemp

Hi does anyone know what is involved in this E-Tray? Is there a brief/report to write by a certain time while answering correspondence? or what? I've only ever done an E-tray for the EO role.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭supersaint3

Yeah got that too.

Anyone have any tips on this, anywhere that i can practice?

If I could give you one tip, have a super quiet house, be rested and do whatever focuses your mind (have a coffee, be fed and watered), turn off your phone and put it up under your pillow, no distractions whatsoever. Sit up straight, you'll definitely need a mouse, read everything carefully and maybe make a list on paper of your priority tasks if you have time - and time will be of the essence. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MOF Seat

Has anyone that got through the final interview been called off the panel yet? And can I ask what number you were?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

MOF Seat wrote: »
    Has anyone that got through the final interview been called off the panel yet? And can I ask what number you were?

Thanks!

Hi! Yes I am starting on Monday week!

I was no 9 on interdepartmental and 20 on Open. I was called off the interdepartmental.

• Advertisement

HannahR31 wrote: »
    Hi! Yes I am starting on Monday week!

I was no 9 on interdepartmental and 20 on Open. I was called off the interdepartmental.

Hi Hannah. Best of luck to you in your new job. Are the OOM's you quote regarding your original order of merit or the order of merit after you did your final interview? Thanks

Advertisement