Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Just finished my interview for Kilkenny. Went ok I think. For anyone who has gone through the final interview, how long were you waiting for a result?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭FlexBrowne

Irishder wrote: »
    Just finished my interview for Kilkenny. Went ok I think. For anyone who has gone through the final interview, how long were you waiting for a result?

I just finished mine for Kilkenny also just now. In the lap of the gods as they say! They did say to keep am eye out so good or bad they'll let us know ASAP!

FlexBrowne wrote: »
    I just finished mine for Kilkenny also just now. In the lap of the gods as they say! They did say to keep am eye out so good or bad they'll let us know ASAP!

best of luck with it, the whole process is painfully slow

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭FlexBrowne

best of luck with it, the whole process is painfully slow

You too. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 big big loader

Any other Counties being interviewed for this week ?? Ive been interviewed and placed on a panel for one of my locations. They weren't interviewing for the other at that time - but once they do my scores will go towards the panel placings for there also. So - be good to know if that location is up for interview

• Advertisement

Any other Counties being interviewed for this week ?? Ive been interviewed and placed on a panel for one of my locations. They weren't interviewing for the other at that time - but once they do my scores will go towards the panel placings for there also. So - be good to know if that location is up for interview

Do you mind me asking how long it took from the interview to getting the results?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

Do you mind me asking how long it took from the interview to getting the results?

Thanks

I was interviewed on the first day of the last batch and I got word about 10 days later

• Registered Users Posts: 21 big big loader

I interviewed on a Monday - and got the results on the Thursday of the same week, was a quick turnaround

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mbwb

tap28 wrote: »
    I was interviewed on the first day of the last batch and I got word about 10 days later

Same here, I interviewed on 1 March (first day of interviews) and got word on 11 March, when the interviews finished, depends how long they are interviewing for, I guess, last batch interviews for Dublin was over 10/11 days. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

2 days after interview, don’t know if it being the week before Christmas had any effect, very quick turnaround.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭griffid

I’m hoping for video interview results to come out soon now. They finished just a week ago so I’m being very hopeful really.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Cheeseplant

griffid wrote: »
    I’m hoping for video interview results to come out soon now. They finished just a week ago so I’m being very hopeful really.

Thursday before a bank holiday wkend?? The last few have taken about 2 weeks so my guess is middle of next week, although I'd like to be proved wrong with results today! (only if they are a pass of course!).

Although this time round they seem to have gone for 106-114 which is more than the previous few batches where they took forward candidates in groups of 5 points, so I wonder if there are more in this batch? This also doesn't account for blow-ins from previous batches like myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭griffid

Thursday before a bank holiday wkend?? The last few have taken about 2 weeks so my guess is middle of next week, although I'd like to be proved wrong with results today! (only if they are a pass of course!).

Although this time round they seem to have gone for 106-114 which is more than the previous few batches where they took forward candidates in groups of 5 points, so I wonder if there are more in this batch? This also doesn't account for blow-ins from previous batches like myself!

Maybe they’ll go with the old “Friday lunchtime” trend for handing out their results? Gives you time to either slink off and cry and not have to see anyone for a couple of days, or else celebrate.

griffid wrote: »
    Maybe they’ll go with the old “Friday lunchtime” trend for handing out their results? Gives you time to either slink off and cry and not have to see anyone for a couple of days, or else celebrate.
    :) could be today then as today is our Friday!

actually I don't know why i'm getting excited, as I'm fairly sure I'm F**ked up Q2!

results in for Kilkenny interview, what does Open stream mean? Is it order of Merit?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Out of the people who past the video shortlisting, would you say are 2.20 minutes per competency is enough?

results in for Kilkenny interview, what does Open stream mean? Is it order of Merit?

The competition was was open and interdepartmental. Your result must be placing you in the open stream. I don't know if you applied to both InterD and open but if so, perhaps they are still formulating the InterD panel

no i only applied to the open stream and it is 2, i presume i am 2 in order of merit for the open comp?

no i only applied to the open stream and it is 2, i presume i am 2 in order of merit for the open comp?

Yep! Well done! that's an amazing result :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 May o Shea

Hi guys, In the etray test do you have to type a response or do you select a response

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

You gotta type for the e-tray. It is not a case of multiple responses and choose the best one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Boarder 123

May o Shea wrote: »
    Hi guys, In the etray test do you have to type a response or do you select a response

Go back through the thread. One user put up a really good post on the etray

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Awkwardstroke

It’s a long shot (didn’t do well in the initial 1st phase) and got just 104pts...looking at they went down to 106, could they conceivably in a future batch reach down as low as 104?
    I have Dublin/limerick down as preferred locations

It’s a long shot (didn’t do well in the initial 1st phase) and got just 104pts...looking at they went down to 106, could they conceivably in a future batch reach down as low as 104?
    Not much between 104 and 106 :) there is another year or more in this panel so would think you could be in luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭lucat

Yes based on your location choices I'd say chances are good. Turnover is low because of Covid but retirements are happening anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

dee75 wrote: »
    My score was 113.

Would anyone know what numbers were panelled for counties Kildare and Wexford in the first regional batch?

Edited to add I've received invitation to stage 2.

Hi Dee, did you ever find out what scores they called for Wexford for this batch? MTIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dee75

caarp wrote: »
    Hi Dee, did you ever find out what scores they called for Wexford for this batch? MTIA.

Sorry Caarp - no luck. I think the general speculation is that it's likely between 106 and 114?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭crinkley

I'm the same as you on 104 and kicking myself now I didn't pick Dublin, has anyone had an interview for Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Awkwardstroke

I emailed PAS yesterday, on this question (cut off points and possible future)

Thank you for your email.

Candidate who selected regional locations for the AP 2020 and scored 120 or higher have been called to Stage 2 video interviewing. Likewise candidates who have selected Dublin and scored 106 or higher have called to Stage 2.

In the near future it is envisaged that another batch of candidates will progress to Stage 2 and should we reach your place we will be in contact with you via your publicjobs message board.

I hope this helps?

• Advertisement

I emailed PAS yesterday, on this question (cut off points and possible future)

Thank you for your email.

Candidate who selected regional locations for the AP 2020 and scored 120 or higher have been called to Stage 2 video interviewing. Likewise candidates who have selected Dublin and scored 106 or higher have called to Stage 2.

In the near future it is envisaged that another batch of candidates will progress to Stage 2 and should we reach your place we will be in contact with you via your publicjobs message board.

I hope this helps?

sounds like you will get a call soon so!

Advertisement