Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭boris232

Does anyone know if we wait long for etray details after video interview results?
    I think from memory it's usually only a few days right?

When I did it - 4 days after Stage 2 results they send you the familiarisation notice.

6 days after that you will receive the Stage 3 details for completion which has to be completed within 3 days after that. Circa 13 days in total from yesterday if it keeps to the same form.

I would advise that you complete it a day ahead of the closing time as you might run into IT issues etc as some have stated in previous posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭crinkley

also didn't make it, a bit annoyed after I used the exact same examples that got me through another AP video, but ah well listen learnt not to take things for granted. Best of luck to everyone still in it

• Registered Users Posts: 37 2020Survivor

Pre etray familiarisation information has just issued, with the window being Monday 5th until 1pm on Thursday the 8th. Short notice but I hate the massive wait between stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭boris232

Yes - they have sped up compared to earlier in the year - might be anticipating a break in the process for holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Cheeseplant

For those who were successful from last batch and got results on 2 June ..They’re up as far as number 8 ��

anyone have any further update on this? Are they beyond 8 now on the Open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

anyone have any further update on this? Are they beyond 8 now on the Open?

They were at 12 for the open ap Dublin as of Monday.

That's moving fast! Any ideas how many are on the Dublin panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Smart1982

machalla wrote: »

Any update since Friday? If i keep emailing PAS i think they might get annoyed and kick me off the panel :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 sunny7700

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/?option...ignId=21186500

Anyone able to download the PDF application? I've tried through chrome/ microsoft edge and on a different devices but doesnt seem to work.

Maybe its a sign, not sure if I'm ready for more rejection just yet :)

sunny7700 wrote: »
    https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/?option...ignId=21186500

Anyone able to download the PDF application? I've tried through chrome/ microsoft edge and on a different devices but doesnt seem to work.

Maybe its a sign, not sure if I'm ready for more rejection just yet :)

I thought it was just me! No couldn't access it. Will try again later

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭crinkley

I thought it was just me! No couldn't access it. Will try again later

if you use chrome it will be in your downloads folder

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SICKNOTE

I received a reply from publicjobs and there is no change.
    They are down to 8 in InterD stream and 12 on open stream.

If anybody gets updates next week please post here.
    Enjoy your weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭derailed

SICKNOTE wrote: »
    I received a reply from publicjobs and there is no change.
    They are down to 8 in InterD stream and 12 on open stream.

If anybody gets updates next week please post here.
    Enjoy your weekend.

Many thanks for this- not far away now as in the mid teens on InterD and a little further out on open stream. Will post any updates as soon as I have them on my side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Facebickie

I'm so nervous waiting for theses stage 4 interview results 🙈 I convinced myself we'd here back soon, what a fool I was! Waiting to see if I need to start working on the 2021 form! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭taato

Facebickie wrote: »
    I'm so nervous waiting for theses stage 4 interview results 🙈 I convinced myself we'd here back soon, what a fool I was! Waiting to see if I need to start working on the 2021 form! 😂

Waiting is horrible, when did you sit the interview? In fairness they seems to be flying in PAS these days.

taato wrote: »
    Waiting is horrible, when did you sit the interview? In fairness they seems to be flying in PAS these days.

Almost 2 weeks ago now, so not waiting that long at all. It's almost worse that PAS are so on the ball, keeping me on the edge of my seat!

Same :) someone on here said the interviews were concluding Wednesday last week so maybe tomo for results. I've downloaded the 2021 form already!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Butterfly06

Still no movement on current panel..
    So far they’ve only taken 8 in five weeks and none in the last fortnight?!
    Would have thought with the pace of stages and subsequent interviews that it would be moving quicker
    Any thoughts?!

• Advertisement

There might be some slow down with people taking shorter working year or annual leave, both in PAS and local HR divisions. Would imagine they will exhaust the panels they have formed if they're looking to start another comp.

Just at e/tray stage now (deadline thursday) hate these high pressure tests but some great advice on here from some earlier candidates. Wondering if any/many appointed to posts outside Dublin or are there many sitting waiting on panels and if so, how long are you waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mbwb

taato wrote: »
    There might be some slow down with people taking shorter working year or annual leave, both in PAS and local HR divisions. Would imagine they will exhaust the panels they have formed if they're looking to start another comp.

What you say makes sense, people taking leave, I was in batch 4, sat interview on 1 March and they concluded on 10 March, we got results on 11th. I don't expect you to wait too much longer though, the norm seems to be approximately 2 weeks for each batch. Good luck to you all waiting on results!

machalla wrote: »
    Still no movement on current panel..
    So far they’ve only taken 8 in five weeks and none in the last fortnight?!
    Would have thought with the pace of stages and subsequent interviews that it would be moving quicker
    Any thoughts?!

Seems they have taken 12 in total. Slower than before but averaging about 4 a week as they only starting the panel about 1.5 weeks after it was in place, as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bobby2004

Just a broad question regarding campaigns. Was thinking of putting in an application for the open assistant principal campaign. I'm only an EO 9 months and before that had some management experience in retail but not at a high level.

Would it be unusal to go from EO to AP?

I tick the box regarding degree but experience may be lacking. And if by chance I got the job but found it currently beyond me. Can you revert to your previous grade.

Bobby2004 wrote: »
    Just a broad question regarding campaigns. Was thinking of putting in an application for the open assistant principal campaign. I'm only an EO 9 months and before that had some management experience in retail but not at a high level.

Would it be unusal to go from EO to AP?

I tick the box regarding degree but experience may be lacking. And if by chance I got the job but found it currently beyond me. Can you revert to your previous grade.

Yep you can revert to previous role.
    I'd go ahead with the app. I know people that have gone from CO & EO to AP. The process is fairly arduous and I think it takes many people several tries to get it. May as well throw your hat in the ring and see how far you get. Give your form to a trusted AP and see if they can help you big up your examples. We frequently undersell our experience.
    This is my first go at the AP comp and I've come further than I expected. Just waiting on interview results now. Although, in my case, I think the interview lacked any degree of probing or pressure that I would expect at this level so I'm not expecting much! I've already started on the 2021 form!

Just kicking this thread back to life, anybody any updates or developments in the past week?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Tweets

I couldn’t find the thread so thanks!!!!

Results for full interviews were out last Wednesday so congrats to anyone who was successful. I got through so just need to see how quickly the panel moves. Hope everyone else was happy.

Ah fantastic news! Well done for making the panel. Are you down for Dublin? If so i reckon you won’t be waiting too long.

I did etray last week and honestly don’t feel great about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Tweets

I’d say things have slowed for the summer a little so we’ll wait and see.

I came out of the etray not knowing how to feel about it. It’s very difficult to try to guess how you done on something like that. The results seem to have come out fairly quickly in previous rounds so hopefully you’ll hear shortly and will be successful.

Advertisement