Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

ammg wrote:
    Just got the email to do aptitude test

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Cheeseplant

kilburn wrote: »
    Same here

me three!

happier that it doesn't seem to be cut-e tabbed tests again! hate them!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Almost a week for tests and over the bh weekend too, fantastic choice of window! Hopefully weather will be good so I can get some uninterrupted time

happier that it doesn't seem to be cut-e tabbed tests again! hate them!

I think shl has been the provider for the last few years

• Advertisement

Forthebuzz wrote: »
    I think shl has been the provider for the last few years
    maybe for AP? the last AO and HEO I did were the nightmare tabbed tests and Evergreen!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

yeah me to

Forthebuzz wrote: »
    Almost a week for tests and over the bh weekend too, fantastic choice of window! Hopefully weather will be good so I can get some uninterrupted time

true.. but now the problem of where to do the tests to optimise quiet time. there won't be anywhere for partner to bring the kids! :D

true.. but now the problem of where to do the tests to optimise quiet time. there won't be anywhere for partner to bring the kids! :D

I'm hoping if he can just get them out of the house, I can go up to the office with the noise cancelling headphones and hope no one comes near me for a couple of hours

• Registered Users Posts: 29 totlee

hi. results are out for AP Interdepartmental today. Was their a shortlisting at this stage or did everyone that applied get to assessment stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭urgelgru

maybe for AP? the last AO and HEO I did were the nightmare tabbed tests and Evergreen!

Aww man, I did so many tests over a period of time a while back that I felt like an employee of Evergreen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

totlee wrote: »
    hi. results are out for AP Interdepartmental today. Was their a shortlisting at this stage or did everyone that applied get to assessment stage

Shortlisting has not taken place yet.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Shortlisting has not taken place yet.

are we sure about this? have heard that some people have not got assessment link message as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭griffid

totlee wrote: »

Just wondering how you got results? I applied for Inter-D too but only have invitation to stage 1 of tests, no results.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AbbieMarley

Same here! I have never done any shl ones, judging by the comments they must be a lot nicer than the cut-e ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭urgelgru

I like the tabbed ones better. I like having the same set of information to work on through the exam. And the numerical tests aren't so much maths, as "find the correct number on the graph". Just a personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

are we sure about this? have heard that some people have not got assessment link message as yet.

In 2018, shortlisting took place after the initial, unsupervised tests. Once shortlisting was complete, an explicit message outlining the results of this process (pass/fail) was sent to candidates that had passed the unsupervised tests. Those that were successful in both the unsupervised tests and shortlisting then proceeded to supervised tests and e-tray in various batches. Following this, successful candidates were then taken through to interview in batches, from which the panel was formed.

In general, PAS tends to signpost these things quite clearly, as unsuccessful candidates may wish to request a review of their results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Milenauno

I am EO and I applied for this competition

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AbbieMarley

Milenauno wrote: »
    I am EO and I applied for this competition

Me too...sure why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

i just checked out the practice test for shl verbal 30 questions in 19 minutes is that the same in the real assessment does anyone know? Would be great if it is, still no guarantee that i have the correct answers but at least it gives a bit of time to digest the info.

The revenue ones were 12 minutes and 47 questions. :eek:

• Advertisement

Anonire wrote: »
    i just checked out the practice test for shl verbal 30 questions in 19 minutes is that the same in the real assessment does anyone know? Would be great if it is, still no guarantee that i have the correct answers but at least it gives a bit of time to digest the info.

The revenue ones were 12 minutes and 47 questions. :eek:

The booklet tells you how many questions and what amount of time you have for completing them.

griffid wrote: »
    The booklet tells you how many questions and what amount of time you have for completing them.

Thank you but the booklet I have been provided with indicates the length of time I have for the test not the amount of questions I will be presented with.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭derailed

Has anyone got a link to something close to the situational judgement questionnaire for this competition? There never seems to be any direct examples on the given website and the whole approach seems to be purely subjective with no right or wrong answers. Have no issues with preparing for the verbal and numerical reasoning but always seem to stumble on the scenario part..

Anonire wrote: »
    Thank you but the booklet I have been provided with indicates the length of time I have for the test not the amount of questions I will be presented with.

Oh doesn't it? I haven't read it properly yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NinjaTurtle

derailed wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link to something close to the situational judgement questionnaire for this competition? There never seems to be any direct examples on the given website and the whole approach seems to be purely subjective with no right or wrong answers. Have no issues with preparing for the verbal and numerical reasoning but always seem to stumble on the scenario part..

Great Question yes if anyone has any tips for situational judgment it would be great. Last time I based my answers on what I would do in reality but didn't score great yet I know on a daily basis i'm good at my job so it's confusing....

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭iuil1999

derailed wrote: »

You're just supposed to answer as accurately as to what you would do in a real life situation.

Same here! I have never done any shl ones, judging by the comments they must be a lot nicer than the cut-e ones.
    I take this back! I've just done the practice tests and there is no way I'll be getting on the OOM unless i imprve drastically!

I take this back! I've just done the practice tests and there is no way I'll be getting on the OOM unless i imprve drastically!

I have mixed feelings too.. I like that the verbal is confined to a much smaller amount of text.
    The numerical there appears to be alot more working out involved.

I looked at the situational judgement on shl link provided and was disappointed that after completing the whole exercise it gave no feedback of any kind. No need for a full length exercise if its just to get a feel for the layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RedBarchetta

Same, only scored 43.3 (13/30). Although I noticed the average score is 45.5. Need to improve to get past this stage :mad:

• Advertisement

Just did the practice ones there and scored similarly to the real ones last time. Only wish that Numerical was counted or that my verbal score was as high!!

Will take a few more cracks at it in advance to get a feel for what I'm missing in the ones which were incorrect

Advertisement