Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago GAA

• 06-03-2020 7:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭

Bit of a long shot question here I suppose but does anyone know where you could get some basic information about the possibilities for playing hurling in Chicago? I'm moving there in August and have been away from playing the game the last couple of years because I'm in a place where there isn't any hurling in Texas.

But the Chicago GAA website is very poorly maintained and the links to the few hurling clubs they list mostly don't actually work, and they don't have a map of the clubs either, so I can't tell if there's any hurling club anywhere close to where I'll be living.

Just wondering if anyone has ever played or been involved there who knows if any hurling teams play in the Southland area or south and South west areas or somewhere close to there?

Would be especially interested in clubs that have a place for lads who were useless when they were young and haven't aged well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

You'll find the contact info for the Central Division (covers Chicago) development officer at http://usgaa.org/games-development/

Colm is a great guy, and even though your's isn't technically a development query, he is Chicago based and knows all the clubs and who is currently leading them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

You'll find the contact info for the Central Division (covers Chicago) development officer at http://usgaa.org/games-development/

Colm is a great guy, and even though your's isn't technically a development query, he is Chicago based and knows all the clubs and who is currently leading them.
    That's great, sound!

Advertisement